The settings I used.

difficulty 50%
    Full bad
    Full Order
    80% hidden
    50% phys/Myst
    90% Stealth
    100% Money

This will give you missions with two rewards...
    One is generally an item you have to find and the item you receive for finding it... that will give you two chances a mission to get the item.

I set hidden/stealth just becuase I am a fixer, and enjoy the extra xp for unlocking things.

I was able to clear a couple mill this way, and it certainly has been a nice start for a total newbie to this game!

truth is (on RK1 - omni at least) that the market has been flooded with the items listed..... people are asking stupid prices for items such as the sparrow form graft, a guy asked 1 million creds for it!

this method of money making worked for me for a while but the bubble has burst

Good luck with selling your cushions

Yarl, I'm still a newb.... I know squat and I'm still learning alot every day.

I went to my first tower battle yesterday....
    my cells ache from being reconstructed so much.

yup..
    me newb!
    Last edited by Dween; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 10:02:25.
    Cadeusus & Xxlr8 on RK1

Bump & Sticky

Sticky Please
    Last edited by Duke Lido; Feb 4th, 2003 at 16:02:01.

Woohoo!

Finally made my first mil selling 2 sets of QL 10 Concrete Cushions. Deac you da man!!

Originally posted by Tzung
    The settings I used.

difficulty 50%
    Full bad
    Full Order
    80% hidden
    50% phys/Myst
    90% Stealth
    100% Money

This will give you missions with two rewards...
    One is generally an item you have to find and the item you receive for finding it... that will give you two chances a mission to get the item.

I was able to clear a couple mill this way, and it certainly has been a nice start for a total newbie to this game!
    "Two rewards" -- Not necessarily true in my experience. If the item appears in the FIND slot, one may not necessarily receive the item as a reward. I have found that in "Find and Identify" missions, I don't get the Find item, whereas in "Find and Return to Terminal" missions, I do get the item. However, if the item appears in the ITEM slot, then, of course, I always get the item as a reward. I would be interested in knowing other players' experiences in this regard.

You say that you were able to clear a couple mill. How many cushions did you have to sell in order to do that? And where did you advertise them? And are you OT, Neutral, or Clan? Thanks!
    Last edited by Yarl; Feb 5th, 2003 at 00:31:53.

I'd agree barubary :[. Within a few hours of seeing this post, the market became completely saturated with these items. I got myself some but haven't even bothered trying to sell. I'm planning on waiting until the excitement dies down :>. So that means I'm poor awhile longer.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Teh Deacon is rox.

That was by far the most helpful post to people new to this game that I have ever read on these forums.

Deacon also seems to have a lot of time on his hands!

Money plz.
    You know something?? I'm exctually going to put this post on my wall!! Great post!

I made a little script with all the item's Deacon mentioned in it.. Go for download here: www.sabbie.nl/SellScript.zip

It can be possible that it's not reachable cause i'm going to loose my domain for a copple of days, but it'll come back on

Re: Re: Hmmm ..

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

I'm greedy?

Riddle me this: What is the most valuable resource you can possibly give away?

Stumped?

It's your time. there is nothing more valuable than your time and energy. When you give someone your time, you give them a piece of your life that you will never get back again. There's nothing more precious than that, buddy. Writing the guide and spending time helping new players is FAR more valuable than dropping 50k into their trade window. I've given you something of mine that I can never earn back, yet you call me greedy?

The second most precious resource is knowledge. Have you ever heard the term "knowledge is power?" Well really it is. A brand new player that takes the initiative to read these boards and then demonstrates the patience to run those missions gains an edge over the competition. The items don't go out of style. you could literally sit there on a rainy day and just watch the cash roll in faster than you can count it. Anyone that sticks to harrassing high level players is a god damned fool.

Yes, I said harrassment. I had a kid today, just like you, that would not take no for an answer. I tried to refer him to this guide and even manually walk him through all the steps, but no, he wanted the money instead. He got more and more aggressive towards me, calling me a greedy bastard (keep in mind Im sitting her for 30 minutes, giving up my own time to try and help him). Finally I put him on ignore and told him to quit AO, as he was obviously not intelligent enough to play. I got fed up and I blew my top. Wrecked my whole night.

That's happened before in the past. I rarely put folks on ignore, but I see folks tunning around with the "ignore" tag above their heads. I usually remember why I put them on ignore too and when they run up to me, I can imagine they ar saying something like "OMG you are about the last high level metaphysicist online! Please help me with a buff or implants".

So you see, mr onignore probably called me a greedy bastard because I wanted to help him instead of giving a handout. I'm not being greedy by refusing to dish out my own cash, I'm trying to help new players become self sufficient. I mean, so because I have alot of money, I'm *supposed* to give it all away to everyone that wants some? Really?

Perhaps I should camp outside Bill Gates' office and tell him he owes me a couple million too? Or perhaps since I'm African American, you owe me some money for slavery those hundreds of years ago lol?

Newsflash: Running a ql10 mission is NOT hard. I've bought so many concrete cushions that I have no use for them anymore. I bought them because I saw someone get off their lazy ass and WORK for a change. Hard work deserves a reward.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=91433

People are paying 750k a pair for god's sake!!!

750k for about 15 minutes of work. Begging for 750k might take hours and the shame involved in lowering yourself to a beggar's status is enough to keep anyone with even a shred of self worth from doing it.

You've been given the knowledge on how to make money fast, yet you insist that begging is somehow better?

Because I can afford it, I'm supposed to give handouts to everyone out there that wants a bit of play money? Absolutely ridiculous. Like I said before, we are ultimately in this game for ourselves. If we give away all that we have, then we are left with nothing.

Let's do the math here:

Let's say I give 100k to everyone that begs me for money. I get around 20 requests per day. 100,000 x 20 = 2 million credits per day. 2,000,000 x 7 days = 14 million a week.

I'm sorry, I understand you are low level and you really are 100% clueless when it comes to high level players, but you're talking out of the wrong end here buddy. If I worked my butt off I could make 14 mil a day, but the truth is, unless I'm saving up for something big, I might not make 14 mil in a week.

So basically, what you're saying is that I should stand around town and buff/assemble implants for tips....just to feed folks that refuse to work for their credits?

So let me rephrase that: I should work so that a new player does not have to?

Boy, I wish I had that kind of a deal in real life. The advice I give is sound. If a new player follows that advice, they WILL make money. Lots of it. BUCKETLOADS of it. Sell those cushions on the forums for 500k a pair. You can get 4-6 in an hour's playtime. That's 2-3 million credits in an hour's playtime by the time you're level 8 or 9.

With that knowledge, how can you POSSIBLY justify begging or how can you possibly tell me that I should just give away my credits?

Alot of you took my advice and I got several VERY nice tells saying things like "Deacon, I made a million credits!" or "Deac, check out this new yahlm, I earned the cash from selling rifles and cushions!" while the Foul Ole Rons out there sit on their asses and flame high level players for not offloading all their credits.
    I agree with you on every point here Deac. I have yet to beg for anything and that is because begging is a pointless waste of time. Yeah sure a player may give you a handout here or there but what good is it going to be if you havn't earned the xp to use those precious items you spent someone else's well earned money on? I've noticed lvl 15 players running around with armor that they shouldn't be able to afford for at least another 70 lvls and, when I asked them how they did manage to afford such high quality stuff they told me to check the forums. That I could find a new way of playing here and I did. Yeah sure I only play on the weekends but so what! I then get all week to sit in the forums and ask everyone else how to do something or where I can go to be able to get something. I would say that in the past twenty four hours I have learned more from these forums then I did from paying attention to the ARKs or the manual for the game. And if you have to beg to get some money Rons, you're worse than any n00b and the stupidest question they could ask.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

--------"Two rewards" -- Not necessarily true in my experience. If the item appears in the FIND slot, one may not necessarily receive the item as a reward. I have found that in "Find and Identify" missions, I don't get the Find item, whereas in "Find and Return to Terminal" missions, I do get the item. However, if the item appears in the ITEM slot, then, of course, I always get the item as a reward. I would be interested in knowing other players' experiences in this regard. ----------

In a find and identify mission when you see the little "?" box on the floor. Right clicking it gives you the description to finish the mission, double clicking it picks it up

there you are...

Originally posted by Industrial Prophet

In a find and identify mission when you see the little "?" box on the floor. Right clicking it gives you the description to finish the mission, double clicking it picks it up

there you are...
    "Double clicking it picks it up"? ACK! THANK YOU! To complete a Find and Identify" mission, I have always just left-clicked once on the item. Doing that ended the mission successfully, but, of course, I never got to keep the item. I just didn't know that I could keep the item for myself by the simple act of DOUBLE clicking it. Live and learn. I really am grateful for this information! Thank you so much!

e-yay!

Big BIG help with this lovely thread.

Damnit is it stickied yet?

Sadly, everyone and their mom has concrete cushions now, but the tips are still grand! Thanks to teh deaconz0r!

~lurve,
    shadee.
    Shadowfruit - Fixer of the Redeemed on Atlantean. Roleplayer, and definate socializer. Levelling nice and slow since 2003.

Smile Money

Although it is not the best way to make bundles of credits..I found that by stumbling upon a shop terminal that sells K-something sunglasses, you can keep the shop open in your trade window and then tell people about it in the Shopping channels, OOC, and maybe even your group. Listing the location is absolutely necessary. I made about 1.5 million credits earlier tonight by doing this.

Sad thing, I'm lvl 163 and I gotta take his advice... lol gonna roll an alt right now to go make my 35 mil that that awesome n00b did... o_O wait no I can just blitz animas but hell Deac this is prolly one of the nicest things someone could do for the lowbies, but I can understand why you did it. Creds plz

Wish I had it when I was a true noob too... =/
    LilFelix -<[ E ]>- What? MA's are uber again? Nerf!
    Celesite -[ E ]- Sexy, Squishy, Deadly... Yummm!

I think that the Deacon's post has been proven right by the massive number of people now trying to sell Concrete Cushions. and the other items identified in his post. Hell, I've got a pile of Morphing Memory that I can't unload, the market is so saurated with it.

Deacon's done a service to players with his post, not just by identifying some avenues to making $dough$, but also by stressing that begging is not the way to get ahead in this game. If I hear one more player shout "can i jave credz plz just starting tnx" I'll scream. I'm no grizzled veteran, mind you; I've been playing for a month. Yes, some kindly players have gifted me with credits and items, but I've never asked for them; AO is full of kind and generous players who are more than happy to give rookies a leg up if they're not annoying.

roll....

Hi all.. Im an old cushion pushin pimp who has roamed the streets in NLC for some weeks,earning about 7 mill... And now i have stocked up some pairs in my backpack for further use....
    But ive been thinkin of rolling up an new alt to push some more millions.. Is this possible anymore???? Theres like 500 cushion dealers out there now,and the markedprizes has dropped very....
    Shall i take the time on a new alt,or just drop the hole idea???
    Last pair i sold,tok me 2 hours to sell,and for just 200k.....

thx....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Honestly man I'd just wait on the cushions. Give it a while and who knows, the market may die down. Trust me, I've practically filled my bank with em and since I can't afford a backpack yet I'm stuck losing the room. Not to mention the Morphing memory crap too. So many items and no where to sell. Whatever shall we do?
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast