Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

where can i get those pillows?

Read the original post, it's all there.

OK, ok, just this once... you can roll them as rewards from missions, using clicksaver. Please keep in mind that you only want to do this if you can roll QL10-11 missions.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Post Patch

Hi All,
    I heard some players complaining last night in OOC that after the latest patch they had some difficulties rolling the cushion and old english missions; one player claimed he finally found one at 3,000+ tries. Can anyone confirm or deny this issue?
    Thanks,
    Gronuk

Pure luck, some nights for me it was 4000+ tries to get one, other nights it was bang bang bang, one after the other.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Yes, blame it on randomness.

Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Thing is, I never had to go anywhere close to 3000 tries to get a concrete cushion. In fact, the most retries I ever had to do was between 400-500 tries (ie, ClickSaver set for 100 repeats, got it on the 5th set). It's still well within the realm of statistical possibility, though, and if it's happened to others anyway...

I will attest that QL22 Quartz rifles took much longer to find than the cushions. Clicksaver took 500+ tries regularly, with my longest being >1000.

Funny how luck works. I never had a problem getting quartz rifles and I once left clicksaver running for 10k hits and didn't get a cushion.

Is it possible to get missions for these if you are higher than 10th level?
    Thanks,
    Gronuk

Yep, find out what level missions you can roll by /tell helpbot level * where * is your level, you then adjust the slider from easy/bad until the mission level you want shows up (check the QL of the reward to know what QL the mission is, but note some stuff is only out in QL1 and they can be rolled at any level, so ignore them)
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Also, be aware that most nanos and certain clothes have different QLs than the missions that you are rolling. Most of the clothes I see when I roll are QL 1, and nanos are usually in the range of the mission you are rolling, but not exactly the same level.
    "The sweet just isn't as sweet without the sour."

Nanos seem to show up in a +-5 range from mish QL

Sellable Items

Are the lv 1 omin-med suits worth selling? If so what's the general price range?

Also sometimes on missions you get more or less complete sets of clothing sometimes. Is there a market for these as well?

The med-suits are store buyable if you are omni (omni clothes store in any basic store), and there can be a good trade to clanners/neuts, a set costs around 4k IIRC, you can usally sell them for 25k-50k.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid

Actually, lately I've seen them go for 500k

Guess it's time we start collecting on Generation HX?

500k!? That's insane! I usually just camp the vendor until someone comes along and throw them the cost plus tip (usually around 50k all up). I'll be most annoyed if I end up having to pay 500k for a med-suit thanks to Gen-HX
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid

I still see people publically advertising med suit sets at 50k in Clan OOC, at least in OA on RK1.

I can't see people offering 500k for them unless they're horrendously desperate... anyone can create a Omni char to buy them, and the only issue is tranferring them. They aren't nearly as limited in supply as say Concrete Cushions for the sole reason that you don't have to spend time rolling them.

I am one of the people selling them in OA for 50K a set. I buy them in rome and it is a bit of a problem each time to transfer them from my omni char to my neutral vendor.

I think 50K is a fair price for a set. This way I make some profit for all the trouble i have to go through and its not too expensive for the buyers. In my opinion asking a couple 100K for a set is way to much and unfair to your customers. If they want to tip over the 50K however i gracefully accept it, because i really need the money.

I also sell the concrete cushions sometimes, but for a level 14/15 its kinda hard to get them. Travelling is slow and because they can be pretty hard to roll, you can't be picky on the location. I have rolled 9 missions a couple of times and it takes a whole evening just to roll 9 and go out and get them. And if im unlucky and one of the locations is in a dynacamp i die in the proces as well. So i think asking 400K for a pair of them is a fair price as well.

I didn't say it was fair. Whenever I see someone asking for a med suit and I have the tme, I just log my omni alt, buy it and either sell them for cost price (although people usually tip to 10k) or if it's a newbie I just give it to them.

But the fact is, I've seen them go for 300-500k more then once in RK2

bump -
    sticky plx .. or is it already? O.o

It is linked in the newcomers threads that are rooted.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast