Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

This particular thread is not stickied/rooted any longer as an individual thread. It's actually now part of the rooted thread * * * Newbie-Style FAQ Guide * * *, in which there are a LOT of great threads. Since having all of them stickied would make the first page of threads on the new arrivals section overrun by stickied threads, I guess the moderators decided to combine them all.

Btw, TheDeacon isn't in charge of which threads get rooted or not. That's up to the moderators. See the very top of the forum page to see who the moderators for a particular forum are.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Thank you Deacon. I'm your biggest fan. Yalm at lvl 29 due to following your advice.

People ask me how I get such a huge inventory of "uber items" and I refer them to your thread.

Treatment guns! What fun!

I have some Beyer pistols, but ql45 not ql44

Are they still worth trying to sell?

Originally posted by Rubisoho
    I have some Beyer pistols, but ql45 not ql44

Are they still worth trying to sell?
    Yeah, no problem. Those 4 extra points are of little important to the people wanting to use the guns.

Do morphing NCUs actually sell?
    If so how much, I have a bunch of ql 7-9s
    Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
    Level 35 Doc- Cellios, the original Shotgun Doc(DOB-2001-07-01 20:43:52)

Level 42 Adventurer- Scyd

Originally posted by Jajangmyun
    This particular thread is not stickied/rooted any longer as an individual thread. It's actually now part of the rooted thread * * * Newbie-Style FAQ Guide * * *, in which there are a LOT of great threads. Since having all of them stickied would make the first page of threads on the new arrivals section overrun by stickied threads, I guess the moderators decided to combine them all.

Btw, TheDeacon isn't in charge of which threads get rooted or not. That's up to the moderators. See the very top of the forum page to see who the moderators for a particular forum are.
    You're exactly right. We wanted to clean up the forums a bit.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Originally posted by Scyd
    Do morphing NCUs actually sell?
    If so how much, I have a bunch of ql 7-9s
    I bought one a few weeks ago for 100k. Don't know if that's a common market value, but I wanted it quickly and easily. Just shouting out on the streets of Borealis got me one within minutes.

I think you can still sell them, but don't expect miracles. Most newly created characters will get one and most high level players will have gotten one by now. 50-100k sounds like a good amount.

I WTB 2 x ql10 concrete cushions and a treatment rifle lol!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Well Mr. Deacon, you can look me up this evening, PST. I have a number Treatment Guns I can give to you for the right price.
    My guys:
    Measle, the level 151 Doc,
    Sneezle, the level 71 Agent
    Dzeezul, the level 30 Martial Artist
    Tweezle, the level 75 Engineer

Our motto:

Implants not done? JOBE clusters won't run? Not having fun? TREATMENT GUN!

Originally posted by Measle
    Well Mr. Deacon, you can look me up this evening, PST. I have a number Treatment Guns I can give to you for the right price.
    Measle, did you buy your guns in stores or did you roll through missions?
    I wasted atleast 10k last night trying to get it off mishes and was starting to think there must be an easier way..

Can someone tell me how to make money fast in the sl at lvl 25-30? I don't want to spend hours killing heclers in the noob area hoping it will drop those platinum or osmium bars. Theres got to be another way...

Oh and when clicksaver "scans" the mission boot, i suppose it must cost a lot of money. Since everytime it would refresh, i would lose 280 creds?

About the 280cr per scan of the mission both. You know, you have to spend money to make money. Invest and make your money for you. If you loot everything in the mission and sell it either back to the shops (btw, the outdoor vendors give you more money that the indoor machines) or sell the real good stuff ppl have a need for. There's your money.

But for goodness sake don't be a cheapskate. Spend the lousy 280cr per scan and make your money.
    JediGuardian61

Sorry, forgot. In the SL you can sell the patterns and they give you money in the 5 digits. Personally i have seen them sell for between 8k and up to about 11 or 12k. That is for an under 40 level character. I am sure there must be even better items at higher levels. Cross that bridge when you come to it.
    JediGuardian61

Originally posted by MasterZeus
    Can someone tell me how to make money fast in the sl at lvl 25-30? I don't want to spend hours killing heclers in the noob area hoping it will drop those platinum or osmium bars. Theres got to be another way...

Oh and when clicksaver "scans" the mission boot, i suppose it must cost a lot of money. Since everytime it would refresh, i would lose 280 creds?
    outside of the loot that drops from hecklers, I don't think anyone knows of any other way of making quick fast cash in SL. There are probably some things that you might loot that might fetch a nice price on the market, but you should check the markets to see what's hot and what's not.

As for Clicksaver, please be aware that CLICKSAVER does not cost you anything. Clicksaver does not take your credits away. CS is a third-party tool. Go do a search on the forums for Clicksaver to understand what it is. The mission booth set up by Funcom ingame is what is taking your money. That money for 1 roll will equal your current level. At level 28, one roll will equal 28 credits. When you are level 200, guess how much 1 roll of the mission booth will cost? yup, 200 credits PER roll.

Now, if you had done some research on CS, you will see that CS allows you to scan through several rolls with ONE click of the mouse. You could do manually what CS does, but it would take hundreds or even thousands or hundreds of thousands of clicks. That is why Clicksaver is aptly named CLICKsaver. It doesn't and cannot save you credits.

You can change the number of rolls CS does in search of the items on your CS list. From 5 to 5000, or whatever. I don't know what the highest number it allows for.

Sorry if you knew all this already, just felt the need to clear up any misconceptions of CS that might still (and continue to be) out there. Funcom does nothing with, or to, or for, CS.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

In reply to Rubisoho - AND TO ALL THE REST OF YOU WHO ASK - I follow Deacon's advice. If you read his main message closely you will see where each of the most popular buffing guns can be found.

I don't like to get my merchandise through missions. Takes too long, and you only get one. So I buy at stores. The really good weapons are RARE drops (especially the QL 1 OET's and the QL 41 tsakachumi's). So I do a lot of camping.

But it pays off, as most of you know. Deaky is right, the Quartz is wonderful wonderful. Measle is a doc, and doc nanos are expensive. Luckily, my trading habits let me keep current on heals, equipment, and ESPECIALLY ncu.

I've also found when you sell, some (attempted) humor keeps everybody interested.
    My guys:

Our motto:

Originally posted by Measle
    I've also found when you sell, some (attempted) humor keeps everybody interested.
    Listen to the man!

The way you present yourself when trying to sell is very important, be it through the use of humor or some other way of attracting attention. The other day, I was trying to sell some concrete cushions with my little keeper. I did the usual "WTS QL10 concrete cushions x2" at first, without result. A little while later, I posted "Selling QL10 concrete cushions! You know you want 'em, you know you need 'em! Get 'em now!". A few seconds later, I got a tell from a guy asking me exactly why he would need them. I explained the bonuses and requirements and 5 minutes later I was 250k richer.

You need to stand out. Be creative in your approach and I can guarantee better sales.

Thumbs up

I read this post about 100 levels ago and it has literally made me millions, so I owe u one

Just wondering...is there a post on how to make LOTS of money as a highbie? Setting my sights on *cough* stilletto.

Originally posted by Jajangmyun

outside of the loot that drops from hecklers, I don't think anyone knows of any other way of making quick fast cash in SL.
    As it has been pointed above, seling patterns is good business. Go to one of the dungeons and start killing weavers. Patterns are 100% drop and at lvl 40ish they sell between 7-15k With one hour of soloing weavers you can make 250-500k easily, depending on your level. Last night I made over 1 mill in patterns from lvl 60 weavers. And that was less then 2 hours of hunting.
    (QL 100 imps, here I come! )

Also, pearls are great loot for cash. not a constant drop, I'd say under 10% from weavers, but since one QL 60 sells for 50k, it's worth the trouble. A QL 40ish will sell between 25-30k. That's pearls, mind you, not ruby pearls wich aren't worth the inventory space, even at QL 60.

Whenever one of my 30-60 alts needs cash, I spend 2 nights hunting weavers in nascence, and that covers all of my money needs. All of them have vehicles already (ok not Yalms.... but that's not because of cash, but air vehicle reqs), so you can see it pays.

Edited creepers for weavers. Sorry. Guess the fact that I find weavers so creepy got to my mind
    Last edited by DoctorFun; Nov 20th, 2003 at 15:23:21.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

There is another, often overlooked way of slowly but surely adding to your bank account. And it can be done from almost backyard level. Keep collecting monster parts. Wen you have a god stash, invest a little IP in Pharmaceuticals, or get some buffs (General pharmaceutical buff adds 20 to your skill and if you find a nice trader who buffs you with Apprentice or Journeyman Pharmaceuticals, you'll get a lot more) and make plasma out of the mosnter parts.

You need 250% more skill then the monster parts QL, but that's not hard to achieve for the QL of the parts u can collect, at least up to level 70-80.

At level 50-70 I collect monster parts for a week, then turn them into plasma. That makes me between 1-2 million a week Not a bad business practice and a good investment of some IP and a lot of buff begging. Of course if you're in an org, you will find the buffs easily or have a friendly doc do the crafting for you.
    At level 67, my MA can process monster parts up to QL 80 without even needing external buffing and i only spent 2k IP on pharma.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Monster Parts

I found Monster Parts (tm) too icky and gooey. Always splattering fluids around, tending to ruin the tuck and roll on my hard purchased Yalm!

I prefer the clean simplicity of the OT Windchaser Quartz. Hand made by demented Atroxes in the blinding sun and wasted heat of Southern Foul Plains, these puppies don't bleed or talk back when you accidentally sit on em!

You too can be the prowd owner of a Quartz, just send me a tell, in game, on RK1!!
    My guys:

Our motto:

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast