Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

This is indeed a great post.

Indeed.
    Chiannies
    "My full name is Chiannies. But nobody calls me that. The "s" at the end is silent. Please call me Chiannie! It's pronounced like this: ch (like the first sound of chocolate) + ahhh (like ahhh!) + knee (like your knee). Not Chia Pet, either," says Chiannie.
    Fixer 120 -- Atlantean (on my spare time, I've also become a Doctor 65 and a Keeper 43 -- I'm a multitalented girl!)
    Applicant of Valor Eternal (EG)
    Martial Artist 157 -- Rimor
    Veteran of Ive Got Your Back
    Style over Substance

Chi! I can't believe you'd boost your PC in a thread about making cash.

Oh crud, I was gonna post this gun I've been buying up lately but i can't remember the name. One boosts sense and the other boosts intel. Crud....uhhh....I'll edit this when I remember.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

The OT Jess has been mentioned a few times, which is the gun I think is on your mind, Suricia
    Damned this feels weird, I thought this was Jello's job to pick your brain.

Btw another seller lately has become the
    Galahad Inc T70 Zig Zag to Tl5+ fixers that have raised pistol and multiwield skills.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

i started a Trox MA NT to use in SL only atm till level 50. no org no cash from other toons... the biggest tip in the BY- around level 7-8 you can solo hecklers... omg some ores drop reggurally that sell for 5K i had 90k at level 10 just from soloing in the BY the drake quests give good cash from levels 1-5 to get you some n00b armour and bags from the vendors. also you can solo sided mobs there and get spec one done easy... had my level 50 required to wear cyber deck at level 7.

i did make this toon to feel how a new player in a new land would feel.
    Acardia Level 220 Pistolero- hit 220 in Org City
    Adolphus Level 215 Dictator
    Festamus Level 220 Hammer Swinging trox with pets

Before you loose everything it's good to realize that life is beautiful.

Lightbulb Easy creds with High level friends

Well, I am not really about making money with any of my alts but it's nice to have a nice nest egg. someday one of my alts will get a yalm. Then I will reach for the stars.....

Anyway, a quick tip for making some nice creds in the Subway (if you have a high level friend with lots of time on their hands) is to farm the morphing memories and have your friend upgrade them as high as they can. You don't even need to sell them on the shopping channel. I was getting 35k each for ql160's from a shop term so a whole bag was worth about 1.4 mil creds. Not too bad for about an hour or two of farming.

Luckily I have some nice friends who will help me make to most of my farming. And to think I am an MA (I should have been a farmer!)
    Rimor!
    Chopsusie A.R.S Master of the Roundhouse Kick (Screw Chuck Norris)
    Baltoid A.R.S FG/ES Magnate
    Quizor Clan Doctor
    Mandarinjack Omni Martial Artist
    "Feet by any other name, would smell just as funky..." - - Romeo & Juliet - The deleted scenes

Unrooting thread. Adding link to Newbie style FAQ Thread.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

They Uprooted the thread! Why!?
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

So many stickies, so little time.....
    There are times in all our lives when the questions asked of us will leave us no option but to give answers of which we are neither proud nor happy.

At these times, remember that it could be worse. The question that we may have to ask could be "would you like fries with that?"

The link was added to the Newbie style FAQ thread. We wanted to consolidate things a bit.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Meesoon, you still lub Deacky, right? I WTB you. WTS?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Run Meesoon, Run like the wind

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Bump
    ´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

A people-dont-read-faq`s Bump
    Jabbestryne - Clan Enforcer RK1 - Stuff
    Member of Uprising

Defender rank: Competent

An "I did read this FAQ and made nice coin selling morphing memory last night" bump

Thanks Deac! We noobs appreciate your willingness to teach
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

I admit I never read the full thread. Too many pages :P

But you say you sell morphing memory? Thought it was NODROP?
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Great guide..

But why this aint sticky nomore?

Bump
    Nepenthe - [retired]
    Windhair - [active]

Originally posted by DoctorFun
    I admit I never read the full thread. Too many pages :P

But you say you sell morphing memory? Thought it was NODROP?
    Nope. It drops fine. Made quite a fortune on those with my little crat just after the subway had opened .

You are right of course. I guess that, since you can only use one, my brain decided it was NODROP or UNIQUE or something. Silly me.

Of course now it won't make a good business oportunity, but I thought of another use for it. I will include them in my n00b gift packages (thanks for the great idea lilnymph - hugs) and just level the memory to whatever they can use and bundle a 1 slot belt with it.

As for making a killing with memories, I found in a shop what I beleive was a glitch. A basic shop (sorry forgot where it was ) carrying 35NCU chips at around 5K each It was my lvl 20 fixer who found them, so I didn't have much money to invest... but whatever I had i spent on them. I made 1.5 Mill selling them to higher level players Unfortunately, when I went back to the shop to reinvest my profit... they were gone

But the message is... check basic comp boots now and then... you never know what you can find there!
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

bump to stick it again
    Member of Tiger Claw
    Crushr - Chebang - Githzy - Clushl
    And many more alts...

Originally Posted by Riahmant
    me: ok your going on ignore for being ignorant
    ******fixer:its spelled ignorent

heya Deac,

i finally got the motivation to start putting ur guidance into use for real - life in SL is SOOO expensive. and there is no avoiding SL for shades, mbe keepers too but i dunno.

anyway, thnx again for this indespensible advice on making cash. mbe i can learn the ins and outs of posting stuff on the market and what is most wanted by whom.

since this thread was unstickied, mbe you can just take the actual guide pages, start a new sticky thread on just the advice stuff, and have a link to another non-sticky thread for the replies. that way newcomers and those (like me) needing a refresher course wont hafta spend hours (literally) going thru all the many many pages of replies from ppl showing you their love for this incredible guide!.

just my thoughts.

pieces and backstabs...
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast