Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Money making tips for new players

Excellent Post !

edited by me
    Last edited by Oacx; Jan 16th, 2003 at 10:58:13.
    k 1000+ lvl of pure ao goodness. being underground since may 2002
    Castor Tl5 Omni Fixer
    Csma Tl6 Omni Doc
    Oacx Original DNW Beta Char - not yet deleted.

My true love:Y Metamaus Y

Once again Deacon... You Are THE MAN!!
    Harkone -- Gimp extraordinaire.
    Harkonek -- My other Gimp.

"Reality came knocking at my door... and I wasn't home."

"urK?!?"

<-- Is a n00b and has never asked anyone he didn't know for anything...

Nor do I understand the mentality of these people that beg.. Missions aren't that hard...

Bump for a brilliant post by an authentic Mad Genius!
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Cz root this thread allready!
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

/me bashes Deacon in the nanogimp head with a bump stick
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    /me bashes Deacon in the nanogimp head with a bump stick
    OMG STOP HITTING ME!!!! IM FRAGILE AND PRETTY!

J00 WILL GET NONE OF MY FANCY CAKES AND TEA IF YOU CONTINUE TO BEAT ME OMG!

Huggling works much better
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Bump for a nice guide
    Should be sticky.

-
    Cateye

Originally posted by Southie
    <-- Is a n00b and has never asked anyone he didn't know for anything...

Nor do I understand the mentality of these people that beg.. Missions aren't that hard...
    You're so right Southie... But some ppl will rather just begg for money, and when they start doing that, it's kinda addictive. I't like the thought of actually earning the creds is... horrific/impossible and so on

I'm like TheDeacon, self made

I never asked for anything, but I've soloed a lot of missions, to build a solid economy...

Well it's now vry nice that I can buy a yalm for ppl in guild. But somehow i get kinda bored when one of my guildies makes yet another grey lill twink and then start hinting that they need a yalm... And you've already bought their alts yalms *sigh*

/me feels sorry for herself
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

OMG STOP HITTING ME!!!! IM FRAGILE AND PRETTY!
    Sure you are
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

Originally posted by Poetica

You're so right Southie... But some ppl will rather just begg for money, and when they start doing that, it's kinda addictive. I't like the thought of actually earning the creds is... horrific/impossible and so on

I'm like TheDeacon, self made

I never asked for anything, but I've soloed a lot of missions, to build a solid economy...

Well it's now vry nice that I can buy a yalm for ppl in guild. But somehow i get kinda bored when one of my guildies makes yet another grey lill twink and then start hinting that they need a yalm... And you've already bought their alts yalms *sigh*

/me feels sorry for herself

I'm strongly against buying yahlms or items for guildmates, but that's just me

I see alot of brand new guildies saying "I need a yahlm. Can you buy me one?"

But then again, I tend to be on the strict side with stuff like that

It's like when I wanted a new bike at twelve (god, I'm getting old. I just realized how long ago that was). My first temptation was to beg my mom for it, but then I'd feel ashamed of myself for being reliant and reduced to groveling.

At age twelve I delivered the Milwauke Sentinel from 3-5am, the milwaukee Journal from 4-6pm and working 2-4 times a week as a busboy at Luther Manor nursing home. I worked my butt off and I bought the nicest bike I found and bought my family a week's worth of groceries. And I felt damned good that I accomplished that

Thedeacon

"At age twelve I delivered the Milwauke Sentinel from 3-5am, the milwaukee Journal from 4-6pm and working 2-4 times a week as a busboy at Luther Manor nursing home. I worked my butt off and I bought the nicest bike I found and bought my family a week's worth of groceries. And I felt damned good that I accomplished that"

^
    Respect

watch and learn kids
    Veteran of Equilibrium

i know...

But sometimes I'm a wussie that chooses the easy way out...

Personally I would never ask for money for such things

GET THOSE QL10 CONCRETE CUSHIONS PEOPLE!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=91433

People are paying 750k a pair for god's sake!!!

Very nicely done. Remind me the next time you're on our side of the map to show you my sexy ankles.
    Doncaballero - 209 Enforcer, General of HYDRA

"Shut the f*** up, Donnie, you're out of your element!!" - Walter Sobchak

Originally posted by Cleverchild
    Very nicely done. Remind me the next time you're on our side of the map to show you my sexy ankles.
    OMG Cleverchild. Have I told you how uberly hot you are???

750k a pop?!

/me grabs her doc and starts blitzing cushions.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

OMG Cleverchild. Have I told you how uberly hot you are???
    You might as well tell me that 2 plus 2 is 4, cuz I've known both for a liggedy long time.

Of course, sometimes two plus two is tootie two, but that's "new math".
    Doncaballero - 209 Enforcer, General of HYDRA

"Shut the f*** up, Donnie, you're out of your element!!" - Walter Sobchak

Originally posted by Cleverchild

You might as well tell me that 2 plus 2 is 4, cuz I've known both for a liggedy long time.

Of course, sometimes two plus two is tootie two, but that's "new math".
    I know you're a guy in rl and all, but that isn't stopping me from fantasizing about you right now

/me gets gridspace freedom and chases after his lil cleverchild

?

This is an question for u wise deacon ....

I tried with my lvl4 and my lvl13 with my newly downloaded clicksaver to find those nice QL concrete cushions,but without any luck.. my clicksaver runned thought the mission terminal in Tir FT about 100 times on both of them,but nothing came up..
    So then i wonder: Are cushions that rare? Are there any terminal where i can find it quicker? Or shall i just keep clicksaver going and going and going etc etc?????
    Thx allready

urs truly,hehe
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast