Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omni = (MOK)++ ?

Originally posted by Warsprite

This policy has been in effect for a LONG time, and generals have allowed people to go 90% of the time.
    Excuse me for asking. I've been long time advisor (same rank as General). Do you (and other guilds, clan/omni) deny your guild members to help defend same side bases under attack?

Our org has a "Do the PvP you want, but don't start wars without the concensus of advisors/presiden (ie me)". Guild members that are online and available and want to PvP will help to defend any Omni Base under attack if we get a message to help, which is whenever anyone on aomniraids in online.

-Af

Davesbane
    You know I really hate to defend Omni. But you have to give credit where credit is due. BoB, Legion, MoK and sometimes Mayhem. Those are the people I see defending Omni bases and taking the fight to us clan. They have fought tooth and nail for everything, I haven't seen that from any other Omni orgs. I have seen alot of posting on the forums but when it comes to battle those four orgs have members in plenty everytime I tab at a battle. For those four orgs, I say whip the whiners in shape send me to reclaim 3 times instead of 1. This is war and make me hate it so I can love to play the game again. :-)
    I'd like to add RHD to that list there - Rebbecca, Rolled, and the folks at RHD I see at every BoB tower defense - and trust me there have been many BoB tower defenses.

Now i've read through all the posts here - all the flames at eachother - all the witty comebacks - and general nonsense. Its easy to see who has gotten over it, and who loves the attention of flaming Argulace and can't let it go. This is basically a no brainer - common sense here - we defend eachothers bases, or we will have no bases.

I see the same people at nearly every defense - wildwal from legion - Glopp from ren - zorlack from MoK - rolled from RHD. They are each a credit to their guild, and they are why I will always go to defend each of their orgs.

The question was raised, "would you really go help defend another guilds base if you had Peter lee at 50% health and you had spent 5 hours trying to spawn him?" The answer here is key. For legion - ren - I would personally go - but I wouldn't expect or ask anyone else from my guild to go, simply because as stated on these boards Ren, nor Legion would do the same for us (or even their own base?). As for MoK - I wouldnt even have to ask - everyone from my guild at the hunt would go to MoK's defense the instant we saw they were attacked - Peter lee or no. This is the kind of relationship that was stated on a "Public" forum about BoB and MoK. I know that if the situations were reversed - MoK would come - and I also know MoK would come get Peter Lee spawned and dead with us the next day. It would be nice if all Orgs cooperated on that level - but sadly I dont see it ever happening.

It took 8 hours to spawn ota and the lees last time I went. I can understand people being a little reluctant to leave it. I wouldnt expect any guild to leave it and defend us if it happened. Retaking my guilds tower doesnt take 8 hours and I know we could count on Ren etc to come and help us retake it. 8 hours is alot of time invested I wouldnt ask anyone to make it wasted time.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Dammit Osti i was just about to say tha RHD should be added, they arent the biggest guild around, but they fight like frikkin starved pit bulls on crack.

Gotta love em.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

hehe pit bulls on crack.

i've seen rhd people at every base defense/attack i've been at.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

If all omnis were united under one guild, then omnis would have a total of 5 BASES (less than neutrals) and cc wouldnt make them untakable =)

Thanks guys
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Are you all done argueing now?

Good.

Stamd together, dont be piss poor and go off on your own. Arguing with eachother will get nothing accomplished, so end it, move on, and kick ass or something.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

It took 8 hours to spawn ota and the lees last time I went. I can understand people being a little reluctant to leave it. I wouldnt expect any guild to leave it and defend us if it happened. Retaking my guilds tower doesnt take 8 hours and I know we could count on Ren etc to come and help us retake it. 8 hours is alot of time invested I wouldnt ask anyone to make it wasted time.
    I agree with half your post Tanis - anyone would be reluctant to leave in that situation, and yes it shouldnt be "asked" of any org. The thing is, even if you dont have any of the mobs spawned - and are still working on otacustes, most people wouldnt leave.

and lets talk about taking your base back. The actual act of retaking your base might not take 8 hours - but you will have to wait till its 25% - then you have to get all the people there - and buffed and organized. Then you fight the good fight - and maybe in an hour or two you have your base back - then spend another hour defending the brand new CT. Lets say all that - not counting the time you had to wait for it to go 25% - the above steps took you 4 hours.

Now what? unless the land area is nearly unlimited, you need to have some orginazation of where to put what tower - you also need to find the elusive 200 towers to begin with, so you have half your guild checking the NEVER respawning tower stores - maybe 1 - 2 people organizing the base, everyone wants to build conductors - at the higher bases you have complit implants flying everywhere - people sneaking in 150 life conductors to "save a spot" - searching rubi-ka for one of the two crats that still play. Headache after headache. Tanis - if you can build a base of 60 qlvl 200 towers, especially in a cramped area, in your 4 remaining hours - then you sir, are the king daddy!

LOOT - how many problems have come from the quest for PHAT LEWT!! How many friendships broken? How many guilds at eachother throats? What good is uber loot if you cant show it to your friends? What good is it if you NiNjad it, duped it, stole it, stepped on someone to get it? Anyone reading this ever play Diablo2? I mean wtf - the satisfaction from earning the coveted item - and of your friends being happy for you - and happy to have helped you, is what feels good. It doesnt matter if your dripping with azure armor and you crap notum tanks out your a$$ - if everyone in the game knows your a bag of crap - no amount of loot is going to change that. Your just a bag of crap with uber loot - no one is happy for you - no one cares. If you dont have some loot for them - no one wants to talk to you.

To me - the many friendships I've made playing this game is why I continue to play it. All the "loot" I "own" is nothing compared to the jokes in guild chat - the thanks for helping a freind out. what good is any of it - if you cant "hey dude, check this out "insert nice item" and that person be legitimately happy for you? A simple "hey - thanks for coming Osti" at any base defense means the world to me - win or lose, and ill be damned if I sit hitting one in 5 on some stupid loot mob when a friend of mines hard work is being slowly picked away by a horde of unwashed clanners.

And after saying all of this Tanis, you are still right. No guild should be held in low regard for not leaving a guaranteed opportunity at something nice - getting loot is fun, as I said - working with people you know to make one of you very happy. But as my personal choice - the feeling one - no - an entire guild has while its getting its poor base vandalized is a terrible one, and I hold the feelings of my omni friends in MoK - Ren - legion - RHD - mayhem etc. In much higher regard than any loot anywhere.

You know, I want to comment on this.

Anyone remember when the game started? That goofy little "Wlecome to Rubi-Ka" pamphlet we all got with the game that passed as an instruction manual? OK Stop laughing at how wrong it all is. Remember the assessment of the Clan and the Omni as done by Sol Banking.

Omni="bad" guys (feh), organized, disciplined, martial.

Clans="good guys" (double feh!), fight themselves as much as the omni.

Read that. Read it again. You see anything that doesn't fit? I do. Right now the Omni-Tek Forces are completely disorganized. This weekend's massive flood of raids (if any one person threw this together you did one hella job mate), being an exception, the Clans band together and fight like cornered rabid weasels, while we sit here and whine like children of grievances that shouldn't matter.

That's the reason why half the bloody south got taken over in the first place, and it's the reason why it'll get taken again if we all don't wise up.

And please, do not remind me of Division 9's failure to assist. Times are changing, and the Division with it. This can be hearby be consider an offer of aid, that Division 9 personnel will whenever possible come to the aid of any tower defense or raid that we have available personnel in the level range for. We of course would appreciate any return aid, of course.

It's about time we started putting differences aside and started working together, or that map is gonna have a lot more red on it again.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

For the people that are continuing to comment on this...

The issue was resolved several days ago, no need to keep bumping this (like I've just done). The past few days are evidence enough that it's been smoothed over quite well. Let this sink to the depths of no-one-reads-this land.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12