Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omni = (MOK)++ ?

Thumbs down Omni = (MOK)++ ?

I hear players talk negative about MOK. As far as I can see,so is MOK, almost the only major guild, that take action, and gather other Omnis,to destroy Clan-bases.Still players are talking **** about MOK.The problem with Omni is internal fights in the guild, all want their own guild,and all want to be the "President",and then starts small guild of 10-15 members.All I have to say to that is: Man what a bunch of dumbasses. Hos does Omni expect to win territory,when either they are 10-15 membes in guild, or make nonfighting agreements with Claners. MOK,with help from some other enlighten guilds,have destroyed alot of clanbases,but no Omni is willing to build in the new bases. I'm so pissed of at Omni's,who are complaining about the clanners,when they have getten themself in that trouble from the start. And to the Omnis,who have left to be a clanner,just because, the clanners are "winning": ¤%& ¤%&¤%& ¤&%#&% #¤%&#%& #%&#¤%& #¤%&!!

Omnis keep the spirit up,merge to bigger guilds,and quit the childish crap,on who get to be a General or President. There is many respected players on the Omni-side, with leadership qualities, you all know who them are,since, most of us have been playing together for over a year, and then you are starting to know players relally well.

Once a Omni, alwayes a Omni

I agree with that... Omni is short of big playmaking guilds. Legion and Ren have good levels but not much in the way of numbers. BoB has plenty of members but not much in the way of levels. Alas, the others (RHD, DSA, Omni-Pol, OO, Div9) are just kind of hanging in for the ride. Clan has plenty of HUGE guilds that can mostly make it on their own: Storm, CAS, Redemption, Diversity, Synergy Factor, etc.

However, though we may be splintered into various groups, we do band together from time to time to put up some kick ass raids and defenses. And of course we all want to be the leader. We're all power-hungry omnis right? Omni is banding together stronger though every day, and now we've actually remembered to get someone to claim a base after we blow it up, so it will only be a week or two max that clan can continue on this spree of anarchy.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

My org Mayhem is very active in the destrucion and defence of bases.

Were you at EFP when we called for aid?

took down 2 bases in one sitting.

problem is, people only want to co-operate when its their bases at risk or if they have something to gain, IE land control.

( My opinions.. not Mayhem's )

Im sorry, but OO/Div 9/Omni-Pol (LOL) Don't do **** when it comes to major attacks.

That is mostly handled by MoK/Ren/Legion/BoB/Mayhem and a few others I may have missed.

I am in RHD and we try our best to help Omni in any situation, even though we don't have alot of numbers and a huge concentration of high levels, but we are getting there.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

I'll be the first to agree with you that mayhem has some very good people, and I would like to work with you guys more.

As per the clans...illogical as it may be according to the story, they outnumber us.

The fact of the matter, as far as the drama goes, is that whenever there is a large organization that makes decisions impacting other people, there will ALWAYS be people there to talk crap about it. Unfortunately, the people talking crap seem always to be the loudest. I appreciate your feedback, it helps to know that at least someone on rubi-ka thinks we're doing a good job.

Thank You.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

The difference between clan and omni is cohesion. The left hand is often doing something entirely different to the right in omni. Clan always has been more organised with regard to pvp. Omni has alot of strong individuals in it who tend to clash. Not that one is right and one is wrong. Both sides of every internal clash have their points. But when it hits the fan omni as a whole has been seen to pull it together. We just need to learn to do so before it comes to dire circumstances.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

I'm sure clan guilds are laughing at this bit because I know if I was a clanner, I'd be laughing my behind off.

wow a timeline of sorts:

Today MoK gets attacked again at CAV. Base is taken down. Mayhem base attacked later, stand off, its safe. Legion sends a good number to Mayhem, and like 3 Legion were at MoK. Hissy fit ensues on raid chat. Why 3? Read below.

MoK declares that it will only defend BoB and their own bases against clan attacks, unless given specific directions from Generals to help out. That essentially means that they won't. Think about it, why would a General say yes then? Ren and Legion are removed. (misunderstanding on the part of Ren, maybe they get some MoK love again...no clue) for a reason that they themselves see fit. Clans see this, brain starts chuggin along, "hey why not attack them since they won't receive help from outside for being stupid enough to post this on PUBLIC boards".

MoK is jaded with Legion members not showing up to help them defend their base in light of recent consistent Clan attacks on their base.

Legion became jaded much earlier when MoK had 3 people helping to defend our bases. This was more than once, twice or three times by the way. BoB was the only consistent help with our base defenses, and I still rush to their defense when I as well as many others hear they need help.

----------------------------------------------

Recent history is exactly that, recent. Just because MoK seems to be doing/whining alot is because their own bases are on the line if they don't.

and MoK's lack of attendance to our defense was before all this hoopla and crap about our informal non aggression pact with SF.

In addition, I have to add that Crowd Control sucks tremendously, a person can be cc'ed into 30 clans or into the middle of nowhere only so many times before he or she decides to throw in the towel.
    Some dude

Originally posted by Dareefer
    MoK declares that it will only defend BoB and their own bases against clan attacks, unless given specific directions from Generals to help out. That essentially means that they won't. Think about it, why would a General say yes then? Ren and Legion are removed. (misunderstanding on the part of Ren, maybe they get some MoK love again...no clue) for a reason that they themselves see fit. Clans see this, brain starts chuggin along, "hey why not attack them since they won't receive help from outside for being stupid enough to post this on PUBLIC boards".
    This policy has been in effect for a LONG time, and generals have allowed people to go 90% of the time. The fact that you have not noticed this before shows that we were indeed there helping out. Please do not tell me what the policy that I helped create is, or how it works. If you have questions about our policy please ask instead.

Originally posted by TanisAS
    The difference between clan and omni is cohesion. The left hand is often doing something entirely different to the right in omni. Clan always has been more organised with regard to pvp. Omni has alot of strong individuals in it who tend to clash. Not that one is right and one is wrong. Both sides of every internal clash have their points. But when it hits the fan omni as a whole has been seen to pull it together. We just need to learn to do so before it comes to dire circumstances.
    For once, I actually agree with you. Kudos to making sense =D
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

"Legion became jaded much earlier when MoK had 3 people helping to defend our bases. This was more than once, twice or three times by the way. BoB was the only consistent help with our base defenses, and I still rush to their defense when I as well as many others hear they need help. "
    -me-

"This policy has been in effect for a LONG time, and generals have allowed people to go 90% of the time. The fact that you have not noticed this before shows that we were indeed there helping out. Please do not tell me what the policy that I helped create is, or how it works. If you have questions about our policy please ask instead. "

-warsprite-

hot damn, if thats called helping out...

either way, i'll let the higher ups knock it out... I'll always be helping out at a OT/MoK base if it comes under attack. (even when I'm not very welcomed it seems like today)

can't say its too fun actually leaving a guild event and then going to help at MoK base and then have people ragging on an organization in which I'm part of while I'm there, and then to log off and read more about it here....
    Last edited by Dareefer; Jan 16th, 2003 at 04:37:44.
    Some dude

Originally posted by Dareefer
    can't say its too fun actually leaving a guild event and then going to help at MoK base and then have people ragging on an organization in which I'm part of while I'm there, and then to log off and read more about it here....
    This just makes me sick. OK...so what if only 3 showed up? 3, 10, 100.....does it truely matter? I thought any show of support was welcome. Dar, I for one am glad to see that you helped. I am sorry to see that this occured. I wish I held more power in AO (political) so that I could smash this whole MoK, Legion, Ren, SF crap into a small little speck.

Do not mistake frustration for lack of Loyalty.

We will pass this test.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

You know I really hate to defend Omni. But you have to give credit where credit is due. BoB, Legion, MoK and sometimes Mayhem. Those are the people I see defending Omni bases and taking the fight to us clan. They have fought tooth and nail for everything, I haven't seen that from any other Omni orgs. I have seen alot of posting on the forums but when it comes to battle those four orgs have members in plenty everytime I tab at a battle. For those four orgs, I say whip the whiners in shape send me to reclaim 3 times instead of 1. This is war and make me hate it so I can love to play the game again. :-)

We need to Think

If we continue this strife here on PUBLIC forums (THAT ALL READ) We might as well give up now. Clans are not at each other throat ..they are making there push at us now. If I was a clanner I would say hmmm xxxx hate xxxx so they will not help them..lets attack xxxxx guild take THEIR base in Omni Territory build up and then Fan out to the smaller ones..Do any of you see this ??? We as Omni's need to push ego's aside and get on the same page of music. I have been to many a raid and defend. I ALWAYS DIE A LOT !! But I still try to heed the call when I am on. BoB has always help defend when our bases was attacked and eventually destroyed. I remeber IL giving it a go..till they got wipe out.. What is left of the BIG bases and guilds that are defending need to work TOGETHER. Because you are org leader does not give you the right to dictate to another org ...no matter what the circumstances are. Name calling, Mud slinging will resort to what we have now. A MESS. And in the end we all will be baseless and the clan will be laughing there ass off.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK

This is what I think of this and is not anyone in Legion Opion. If you have something to say, or need to find some immature remark to make...Then by all means, do so. But direct it at me. I have no problem reading comments from people who have to get off computer because Mommy said clean up your room NOW.
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Oh yeah, I hate to say it, but its always just 3 MoK members who helped turn back repeated attempts on Omni bases by scores of clanners.

Damn, Arg, we need to promote those 3.
    MP's should be FEARED.

As someone said earlier in this post omni have way to many smal orgs. Thats why clans are stronger than us.
    Smal orgs: approx 10-15 people online to help if one of the bases wil be attacked + help from other guilds
    Huge orgs: 30+ people + other guilds.
    So its easy its much easier for a clan org to defend a base vs omni since clans have much more guilds with lots of people.

Omni need to get better when defending our bases. Most of the omni orgs helps each other a lot. but some orgs seems to just think about theirself. And as for Mayhem, we help all Omni if its defence or attack as much as we can.

One solution to help omni would be if we merged with other guilds. But its not easy to find guilds to merge with. I (Mayhem) have tried and the main reason why its hard is simply that we have different "personallity" + guild-name (dont want to change it).

And I doubt the none-aggression agreements helps Omni and not to mention all the omnis that turn clan just couse they are stronger.

So let me get this straight, Clans are well organised and united, while Omni is splintered, and in the grip of powerful individuals who's personalities sometimes clash?

*Looks at the AO timeline*

anyone else think both sides should swap alignment?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Well, if Omni were united under one banner, or even half of the Omni population, we would own Storm/SF/Diversity/Apoc and any other Clan that tried to mess with us....

But we aren't, we are seperated into many many many several smaller Orgs except for MoK/Legion/BoB/Mayhem and, like I said earlier, a few others that bring the fight to the Clans.

Being seperated and under different leadership with different ways of doing things makes us weaker. Then you have the Clans which have fewer groups, but in those groups are massive numbers of high levels, making it easier for the leaders to coordinate and also makes it easier to amass large armies quickly.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

People seem to have gravely misjudged legions resources. When 10 of us turn up thats 50% of the people online at the time sometimes more. We are active so all the ppl you see online at any one time are all we generally have. We dont have huge numbers. Remember we are all extremely active and some of us have several 150+ chars in the guild.

We dont have nearly the resources people seem to envision us having. We dont have massive numbers we only have enough to impact where we go. So when you see 10 of us dont think theres 50 more of us skulking somewhere else. When you see 10 of us thats a good deal of the people online at the time.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

The reason acambot works is becuase there is usually one person in charge of the raid and a few people in charge of calling pvp targets and passing info-if clan even show up when the box is full or not, then it's usually more laid back social dragon killing.

The raidbot is just too many people with too much information.
    For people that go out solo non guilded to help defend and attack this makes it very difficult to find a team get coords or help with any buffs.

Someone has got to take charge and stop the bickering and spamming, perhaps a mute function with a few admins like irc chat has would be very nice while larger raids are taking place.

I mean it's fun to post :remains of (insert storm clan name here)
    and have everyone cheer and it raises moral. Just need more shot callers in there is all.

I think the reason mok can defend and attack well is there on there own channel in there own preset teams the way it should be done-but for those of us in smaller or no orgs at all we need the global channel for attack coord... Anyway you see where I'm going with this. There needs to be closer bonds between the larger higher lvl orgs. Unite Omni!

Originally posted by lilnymph
    So let me get this straight, Clans are well organised and united, while Omni is splintered, and in the grip of powerful individuals who's personalities sometimes clash?

*Looks at the AO timeline*

anyone else think both sides should swap alignment?

hugs

lilnymph
    ;p For real sometimes I feel like the oppresed omni in land of evil clan empires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast