Thread: New backpacks

Smile New backpacks

I will like to see a backpack that I can put a name on. It will help me keep track of things, and if we get a org bank, yes you know ......

Cya

There are already backpacks that are meant to carry certain things. Theres a implant backpack, a weapons backpack, etc.. These things are pretty handy to sort your items.

Originally posted by Jaino
    There are already backpacks that are meant to carry certain things. Theres a implant backpack, a weapons backpack, etc.. These things are pretty handy to sort your items.
    Until you have 10 of every single one of them, and still can't find anything...

Bump for name tags!

Such a small change, but such a HUGE applause you will get from the players, FC!
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Hehe I love these threads

Theres probably been so many threads about this in the past couple of months....

In the last one I said how a dev had outlined why they werent letting people name them, but the people just kept bumping it anyway. Hehe, gotta love that "give 'em [heck]!" spirit.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Would it actually be so difficult to link an item such as "Item Backpack" (Funcom's server named item) with a file on the client computer which had the "renamed" bag name?

As I understand it, an item has a unique ID number in Funcom's database... it also gets another number that's linked with the user that owns it (otherwise, you might open up your implant bag in the bank and get someone else's implants).

Both of these IDs could be correlated with a "bag name list" in the client computer.

If the bag was transferred, the Funcom database name ("Item bag") would be used until the new owner renamed the bag.

In this way there's no real server overload... all the work is done by the client computer.

If you havnt already post in my thread called Label'd Bags - Keep this post at the Top! Everyone comes here asking for "i want bags i can label" well we are never gonna get those as far as the Dev team has said, but while everyone wants it barely anyone posts in the alternative to it, atleast we could easily come to a middle ground with them to get what we want. So get over there an post ideas.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Some things just cant/wont be fixed. C'est la vie.

Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Hehehe

This could very well be the oldest demand in this game, side from guild housing, (or for that matter, in beta 3, the ability to make guilds at ALL )

Back then there were onlythe 3 original bags, we asked and asked for new bags in different ways, the easiest of them all was simply to make them 3 bags in say 10 different colors, some very very intricate ideas were introduced as well. But NONE of the ideas mentioned by the players is the one we see now, there was quite the ramble when they came, by the standards then they were somewhat expensive.

Id like to re state the colored bag idea, keep the bags you have now, but still make like 5 different colors of each, at tops this should be like an hours work cause I only want a change on the icon, the visual can stay the same, this is only for sorting issues.

5 variations of all the bags we have now wouldpretty much solve the whole issue?

And PLEASE FC, do NOT make 5 new bags with new buffs or whatever and price them at 34 million a piece, do NOT do ANYTHING at ALL with them but color them????? It is all we want, we will be happy, it is very easy, please do NOT elaborate?

I really hope i made myself clear on what I, and I assume many people with me, want.

Yours
    Umbrood

/tell Barimen