Thread: Valid points for removing CC altogether.

Valid points for removing CC altogether.

1 ) It allows the defending army to sit next to the CT with more than their share of fighters in the Are, waiting for attackers to get near. At this point the CC kicks in and stops most from entering the area, thus leaving them open for an unfair attack.

2 ) Warping someone 1k 1k away from the fighting WHEN THEY ARE NOT ENGAGED OR NEAR ANY ENEMIES os totally Preposterous!!!!

3) At current the CC is nothin more than a way to Eeek the last bit of life from your dilapidated servers. if a Crap pile of coding such as DAOC can handle 50 v 50 RVR battles with little or no lag, YOUR servers should be able to handle the load seeing as it is a more recent game. UPGRADE!!!

4 ) CC does not equally balance sides in battles. 40 defenders vs 10 attackers that can get past the CC without being Lagged to death/warped/crashed/Stuck is just plain silly. Makes good battles non existent.

If you can think of any more constructive criticism's plz add them. This needs addressing.

5) Warp to points that are behind zone walls. Thus requiring you to petition or /term to get out.

6) Makes groups worthless while in mass pvp because you will cannot guarentee you all will be able to goto the same spots

7) What I call the "crease" This is when you can move in no direction and you get spammed with the CC message constantly.

8) It's inability to determine who is an attacker and a defender. CC dosen't work as advertised. We where supposed to have equal amounts of attackers and defenders in the same area. Oddly enough we often stare accross a CC imposed no mans land which niether can cross.

CC is really bad. But FC has made up it's mind and once they do .. it will take a small miracle for them to remove this.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Actually DAoC is more recent than AO...

so uh yeah.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Well maybe they can learn something from it then!!!!

I ask for constructive posting and I get knowitall Crap. ( except you Rollled, thanks for the reply )

if you havent got anything meaningful or constructive to say, go away and post somewhere else.

CC sucks, pure and simple. Just crashed out and logged back in in a pvp area, I crashed sneaked logged back in fine. Rooted I start to use Stims to free myself. 3 MINUTES LATER I get the message that i am using them. 6 minutes later i finally get the message that i died. I actually went down about 20 seconds after I crashed.

HMM problems FC?

Why cant they just get it right?! wasnt that what we spent hours and hours on Beta for?! did you not listen to a single word?! Did you not even SEE the effects of it on the test batttles?! I want answers! I pay my goddmaned money like everyone else and I am entitled to know!

/me extremely pissed off and seriously contemplting SWG'icide.

( edited to acknowledge Rollled post as Non-crap )
    Last edited by Deezlar; Jan 16th, 2003 at 00:33:05.

CC is nothing but another obsticle in tower battles. I has absolutly no affect on the lag besides giving FC's outdated server and crappy code something more to work on. When it takes 3 to 10 minutes for an action to execute after the player has pushed the button something is severly broken. In this case it would be FC's 12 year old servers and crappy coding. Of course they will say it's our junk PC's, but this lame excuse don't explain the severe times it takes to complete an action after you push the button. CC is garbage and degrades the game in a big way. Delete every inkling of code associated with it now and completely remove the wet dream of an idea from your heads.

Three ideas:

First, I think a good solution is to revise "crowd control" entirely, by altering the size of the "areas". Funcom should shrink the size of the "tiles" and control player density at a more granular level. The current areas are just too large, when compared with the range of towers, etc. It's a Fisher-Price solution to an adult-size problem.

The second change that should be made is to remove this warping crap immediately. A player should not be allowed to enter a tile that is "full". The player's movement should just stop at the boundary (no warping back).

Thirdly, players should never be prevented from logging in because a tile is full. If the maximum player density of a tile is set properly, a small amount of variability should be planned for to allow the maximums to be exceeded by certain, rare situations. To avoid abuses, a player who logs in to a full tile should be required to move into an "open" tile before he/she is able to engage the enemy.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

www.zingexclamationpoint.net/ao/images/fufc.gif

^ reason to check into cc fixage
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by Rolller
    5) Warp to points that are behind zone walls. Thus requiring you to petition or /term to get out.
    I was warped from EFP's far NE corner to the middle of Omni Forest... yet... when I hit F-9 it still thought I was in the EFP.... What kind of crap programming is that

I have to disagree with you Slavor. The tiles should be larger not smaller. No one sits at one spot in battle unless forced to by cc. We have all played fps where the running man is harder to hit and take down. Most of us play this way, if cc lets us near battle we are either stuck in one spot fighting it out or being warped back into the enemy which usually happens followed by the message your items can be reclaimed in 75 seconds. I would propose to do away with cc, the person with the better system would have an adavantage yes. But you choose to put yourself in the thick of it so deal with lag or hug the outskirts where lag is diminished and then rely on your skills to play the game.

Tower pvp officially sucks!

It is a flawed idea, executed with Amature skill and nothing more than a cheap way to get us ****ing idiots to part with cash. FC, you are going down the moment SWG hits European/US stores....

I will be one jumping the bandwagon even though SWG is set to be as buggy and flawed to start with.. At least sony can afford developers that know what they are doing and design teams that care about content and playability.

you can bet your Bollocks that SWG wont be releasing these Booster packs to subsidise there little project...

Well, getting rid of cc would fix the problem, but then people would complain again about lag and server crashes. I'm assuming cc is here to stay.

Well, if you expanded the size of the crowd control tiles, that's another option too. But, you'd be limiting the number of players who could contribute to a raid.

Using small tiles would allow more mobility, and a greater amount of participation. People could simply go around the crowded area without having to run to the moon and back. But, there could be times where the surrounding eight zones are full and the player may have to wait to move out.

Either way people's movement is still restricted.

Either solution would work though, they just need to either make the tiles much larger or much smaller.
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Originally posted by gwend
    www.zingexclamationpoint.net/ao/images/fufc.gif

^ reason to check into cc fixage
    i get warped there too alot

nice job funcom
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Originally posted by Rolller
    8) It's inability to determine who is an attacker and a defender. CC dosen't work as advertised. We where supposed to have equal amounts of attackers and defenders in the same area. Oddly enough we often stare accross a CC imposed no mans land which niether can cross.
    THATS the one that makes me mad. If 90 omnis cram into a area, only 10 clanners can get in to defend??!! Bull, anoying, crapola. Get rid of CC now!

Originally posted by Slavor_MoK
    Well, getting rid of cc would fix the problem, but then people would complain again about lag and server crashes.
    I actually disagree. I think that people are so increadibly SICK of CC that they will happily accept lagy conditions over it. i know I would.

warping is the worst.. everytime I've been warped, I was immediately attacked by an aggro mob in the area I was warped too and then forced to run back...

as everytime I'd try to equip my yalm I'd get a message about how you can't do that while in a fight.

so stupid to have to run all the way across DAV with a congo line of 9 snakes and 3 medusas just to get back to the attack

heh, i would rather live with the lag too.

being warped into a crowd of 30 unwashed clanners is...not good!
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

To be honest I don't notice any less lag during mass pvp battles with CC active. Maybe there are fewer LDs, but that doesn't help much. People still die of lag damage, they get stuck with 50k ping and have to wait for it to clear before they can do anything, etc.

The biggest problem I see with CC is that since the whole thing is lagging (servers) that means that CC system is lagging too. So not only you have to deal with lag itsels, but also with the CC problems caused by the lag. You may run into an overcrowded area without even knowing that, and 2 minutes later get spammed with CC messages and get warped to the end of the world (because you didn't comply, but you couldn't have cuz you didn't know...). Does that sound idiotic or what? The system that was designed to reduce lag is only causing more problems.

All the other points in this thread are true too. CC is highly annoying. Remove it and find a way to fix the root of the problem, not a workaround.

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Come on FC .. No one likes CC .. please remove it.

Please.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!