Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with MOK

Originally posted by aaronb

I heard those three were drunk.
    Rest of us were still on the couch with hangovers just to realise when we got online later that our base had been steamrolled. heh

Said it before, people needs to lighten up over this. Its a game - its not the world situation. Respect that some are not as much into RP as you are.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Pls lose the power trips and fix this situation. dont think anyone wants another RK2.

Originally posted by arsiine
    Pls lose the power trips and fix this situation. dont think anyone wants another RK2.
    Noooooo.... you said the bad word (if you can call it that)

RUUUUUUNNNNN!!!

Seriously tho, say the word and I'll set up an IRC channel for all the leaders and members to meet that will be moderated.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Look at this! Two posts in a row without someone posting while I'm typing.

Do all parties agree that this should be taken somewhere more private? If you do, then I'm either in-game as Powervault, or on the IRC main channel as Poweredge.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Warsprite
    Here's our deal cut and dry:

When people who have ally status with us are attacked, 100% of our members, wether on alts, or mains, weather level 110 or level 200 DROP what they are doing and go help them. Doesn't matter if we're killing some unique mob and its down to its last bar. We go and help them, that VERY second, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Actions by Renaissance and Legion have caused them to lose that status for the moment.

We do not, and will not support ANY guild that allies with the clans. Period.

If any omni guild that is NOT allied with us gets attacked, then a general or senior general has the decision to prioritize the defense.

Priority 1: Everyone drops everything they are doing and gets over there to help.

Priority 2: We go to help, but only those who want to and are available.

Priority 3 (Low priority attacks): We go to pvp the clanners for fun, but won't attack towers. Again, this is open to those who enjoy it and want to go, not a mandatory deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to make a long story short, this is our policy, and we follow it. If you think we don't defend anyone but BoB, apparantly you should have actually READ and LOOKED INTO our policy instead of starting rumors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY OMNI GUILD SHOULD HAVE ALLY STATUS

Originally posted by arsiine
    Or Rubi-Ka 90210 for that matter
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

*Coughs*

I'm not going to throw any more gasoline onto this fire...
    Last edited by Slavor_MoK; Jan 16th, 2003 at 04:00:41.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Originally posted by Slavor_MoK
    *Coughs*
    Hey careful... we don't want a thread starting about people coughing... hehe

You mean you've still got more gas there? Damn... I need to find a petrol station.

Then again, a few buckets of sand might be better....
    Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Jan 16th, 2003 at 04:02:58.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Hehe, well, we atrox don't have to worry about, ahem, Doctors asking us to cough for a certain reason. (Being neuters)
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

*lol* - now THAT's a topic that really must be avoided at all costs hehehehe

ummm.... nope.... not gonna think about it....

no.. stop...

(P.S. Glad you are/have changed the black part of your sig... it was really tough reading before)
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

North Korean Dictator? You judging me? If so, you better get to know me first.

I can handle being called a lot of things but dont be calling me a communist.
    Greetings Argulace!

I cant see that he is calling you a communist Arg. I justthinks that he sees some similarity between the actions of north korea and the ones of MoK lately.

Secondly, although the north korea call themselves communists, im not sure they fullfill the requirements of being communist country. From the start north korea was build on Mao's ideas and therefore a maostic country. Kim Il Soung, the president and founder of NK however changed this at one point as china got a bit aggresive and wanted to invade, which they didnt. The way NK is ruled today, it could just as well be defined as a feudal state. Kim Il Soung is dead, but his son is now president.
    Also the NK could even been called nationalistic, i think, considering the way they have handled and reasoned for the recent actions they have taken.

We live in in complicated world, and there is alot of comlexity on rubi-ka too. Looking more than once at stuff, you find more colors than black or white, whetever you are on rubi-ka or out in RL.

The NK issue is sad and noone wants it, same with our disagreement now. hopefully can we try to get at least one of them solved.

Last, i would also be somewhat insulted being called a communist if that was the case. However thats because im a dedicated anarchist, and im proud of that. However im aware of the mechanics that 'controls' the world today, and know that a 1 day revolution will not do any good. patience we all must have.

Originally posted by Noer
    Argulace, its simple - I don't really bother discuss with people that can't respond without mudslinging or childish insults. If you want to talk you have to change that kind of behaviour. I actually wanted to approach you are about this as its simply a joke blown out of proportions, but after our short conversation that just feels like a waste of time.

And bringing out this in a public board is like? Stupid?
    Ok let me get this straight Noer is flaming Arg for bringing this to a public forum which Noer's guildmate started?

And when it comes to base defence why should we defend your bases when your own members are at the Primus camp while your base is being attacked. We drop EVERYTHING to defend you guys and when your own members can't even do that what makes you think omni will continue to support a guild who appears to not want to help themselves. You've made alliances with Synergy factor which you'e admitted to while omni was taking that base in BF legion was missing because of this "joke" I think you called it. So the punch line is what you guys are going to stand beside your clan allies over your omni allies?

Originally posted by Poweredge :: Powervault

Perhaps it's time that all sides sat down and thrashed this out. I'm not going to respond to the allegations made against Legion, because I think this is something that Legion/MoK/Renaissance need to sort out in a quiet place, and not in public (be that here, the raid channel, or anywhere else that can be "interfered" with.

Get some chairs, bring the right attitude, and talk properly.

No kidding. Seems everyone likes bashing these days. {Cartoon thought bubble} "Hmm maybe if I bash on the AO forums, I can start a new hate forum and watch AO guilds fall apart" {end bubble} Come on...solve this on IRC or email. Stop making this thread any longer.

Spread some OMNI love...and kill clanner.

FC ffs delete this thread.

Meat....lol...come on, you had to know where this was going to go..why did you light this flame here?
    Last edited by Crepuscular; Jan 17th, 2003 at 01:21:10.

Originally posted by Pianless2

Ok let me get this straight Noer is flaming Arg for bringing this to a public forum which Noer's guildmate started?

And when it comes to base defence why should we defend your bases when your own members are at the Primus camp while your base is being attacked. We drop EVERYTHING to defend you guys and when your own members can't even do that what makes you think omni will continue to support a guild who appears to not want to help themselves. You've made alliances with Synergy factor which you'e admitted to while omni was taking that base in BF legion was missing because of this "joke" I think you called it. So the punch line is what you guys are going to stand beside your clan allies over your omni allies?
    sigh... You flame us for not dropping everything when we had Peter Lee at 50% to come defend you. Sorry, but I would never expect you to either - and honestly doubt you would either. We send the people that wanted and could go (sorry, we don't have 90 people online at every given time of day). Sorry if that doesn't make up for your "standards".

What I mean by bringing to public was your guild writing on your own public board (has been moved now all of a sudden) that you wouldn't support Legion or Renaissance. To say it like it is - it is your every given right and if you want it that way do it like that. However - why do you think clans made an offence today all of a sudden? Could it be that they saw that Omnis were arguing and knew they would have a hard time getting backup.

And about what you call an "alliance" with Synergy Factor - take a look in a previously post about it. If you call that an allience I sure am quite boggled.

And the thing about you drop everything to defend us. I'm sorry to say once again - that just isn't true. Read elsewhere in this thread about our bases being attacked and getting no backup whatsoever from MoK other than the 6 people we knew personally.

And yes that attack in Belial was in my eyes a joke. Just like attacking something a guild in PW that normally isn't aggressive against Omnis just to make them aggressive and help in future offenses. Noone wanted the base in Belial, why not spend the time doing some raids that makes sense. And again - just because you decide in the socalled allience that you think its a good idea, doesn't mean we think the same way. And since it was never discussed with us how can you expect us to just jump blindly in?

And this is the last post I'm making in this already way too stupid argue-thread. It serves no point and people aren't getting any closer by ranting eachother here, and now the posts even starts to continue with earlier discussed points. bleh - sometimes people tend to take guild politics a little too far in a game. And I sure think we just witnessed that here.

Originally posted by Noer

And this is the last post I'm making in this already way too stupid argue-thread. It serves no point and people aren't getting any closer by ranting eachother here, and now the posts even starts to continue with earlier discussed points. bleh - sometimes people tend to take guild politics a little too far in a game. And I sure think we just witnessed that here.
    Amen...It's a game ffs. Spread OMNI love, and kill clanners.

I've been at Legion base defense operations (yes more than one) before, and I don't know anyone in Legion. I saw more than six MoK members there... Alot more... Nice fabrication, though!

Yeah it's just a game, but people get upset when they suspect they are getting scr*wed...

[My opinions, not MoKs.]
    Last edited by Slavor_MoK; Jan 16th, 2003 at 05:49:18.
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Huh.

After all this time watching Arg and MOK get in dispute after dispute in these very forums, after countless issues and much Bonaparte-ing about by Mr. MOK himself, is it the least bit shocking that another Omni guild would sell out MOK? Why, that notion sure falls gracefully on this clanner's sensibilities!

Go Legion! Perhaps someday certain MOK members will realize that that exhaulted sense of self with which they so often parade about comes only from within.

I feel all warm 'n fuzzy! All this stuff cuz I'm just so... special. Thanks for caring guys.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Xeni

Greetings Argulace!

I cant see that he is calling you a communist Arg. I justthinks that he sees some similarity between the actions of north korea and the ones of MoK lately.

Secondly, although the north korea call themselves communists, im not sure they fullfill the requirements of being communist country. From the start north korea was build on Mao's ideas and therefore a maostic country. Kim Il Soung, the president and founder of NK however changed this at one point as china got a bit aggresive and wanted to invade, which they didnt. The way NK is ruled today, it could just as well be defined as a feudal state. Kim Il Soung is dead, but his son is now president.
    Also the NK could even been called nationalistic, i think, considering the way they have handled and reasoned for the recent actions they have taken.

We live in in complicated world, and there is alot of comlexity on rubi-ka too. Looking more than once at stuff, you find more colors than black or white, whetever you are on rubi-ka or out in RL.

The NK issue is sad and noone wants it, same with our disagreement now. hopefully can we try to get at least one of them solved.

Last, i would also be somewhat insulted being called a communist if that was the case. However thats because im a dedicated anarchist, and im proud of that. However im aware of the mechanics that 'controls' the world today, and know that a 1 day revolution will not do any good. patience we all must have.
    ::Boggle::

Are you for real?
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

It was pretty silly to start this thread, Meat. Don't become another Nuggethunter. What you have publicly complained about here is an internal MoK definition of what an "ALLY" is.

So, let me tell everyone "what's up with MoK." And yes, I am qualified to tell you, because behind Argulace almost noone is more senior in the Org than I am.

What does being an "ALLY" of MoK mean?

ALLY = If you are attacked, we make a MANDATORY call to all our members to come help defend you.

We don't care what our members are doing. They can be raiding the Tarasque and it has 2 hitpoints left, it doesn't matter. They can be camping T.I.M with 30 seconds left to go. They can be in XP teams. It doesn't matter. They *must* stop what they are doing and come help defend an ALLY. They agree to do so before we even admit them into the guild. This is what we call in MoK a Priority 1 call. We don't issue them lightly and we ONLY issue them for ALLIES. The SOLE PURPOSE of our ENTIRE GUILD becomes your survival.

That's what we do for our ALLIES. And we will not give Omni guilds this level of commitment unless we recieve the same consideration. Quid pro quo. You scratch my back and I scratch yours.

We all understand so far, right?

Does this mean that MoK will NOT help defend Omni guilds who are not labeled "ALLY." Yes. We do it ALL THE TIME, but it is not a MANDATORY call for our members. Instead, we downgrade the call to Priority 2. PR2 means all available MoK who are not doing anything at the moment should go help defend the Omni guild.

Why do we make this distinction, you might ask, Meatpop? Because we are trying to strike a delicate balance between giving our members the time they need to simply play this game and have fun, and defending the greater cause of Omni-Tek....while not BURNING THEM OUT.

So, if we drop a guild from ALLY status. It is not some personal insult. It is not some insult against your mother. We did not go out and kill your little dog.

What it IS, is an acknowledgement that we have not been getting the same level of commitment that we MoK are ASPIRING to give your guild. I say "aspire" because we are not perfect. Sometimes MOK generals are simply not online when an attack occurs. But, I know for a fact, that whenever I'm online and an ALLY (i.e. Legion) is attacked, I call PR1 immediately. Hell, I've even called PR1 for other Omni guilds, like RHD and Mayhem. After all, I have that discretion.

We were supposed to be in a 3-way MANDATORY defense contract. Then, it was observed that BoB wasn't getting the attention they deserve. Why, because of loot. Yes, MoK camps the Primus camp. But, no, we don't EVER camp it during an attack of an ALLY. Certainly not during a PR1, nor a PR2.

So, we dropped the label "ALLY" from Legion. Does this mean we will not help defend Legion? Of course not. Yes, we WILL help, but we are giving TO Legion the exact level of aid, that we have come to expect FROM Legion.

Does this mean Legion will not be an ALLY forevermore? No, all things are possible when people commit to dialogue. Does MOK want Legion as an ALLY? Yes.

Do I know people in Legion that I consider good friends? Yes. Now, let's take this issue in-game please. Forum boards are no place to negotiate.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Jan 16th, 2003 at 10:39:33.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast