Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with MOK

Whats up with MOK

Why is MOK trying to devide the omnis? Today they declared that Legion and Rennisance are no longer their allies. WTF is that about?

I don't know if MoK took the first step Meat.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Rolled, if you're pointing at the truce between Legion and SF, that has been around since the start of nw altough not officially, plenty of other targets(clan) to have a go at instead.

I think meat is directing at a message in the mok public forum that they will only defend BOB if a omni guild is under attack.
    Now that list used to be Bob + ren + legion. (Note that were still only 3 omni guilds). The latter 2 have been removed from that list today (?).

-G
    Last edited by Georg; Jan 15th, 2003 at 18:12:39.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff, (he pushes all of the letters off the desk), and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this (he picks up the ashtray) and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I am, some kind of a jerk or something? And this! And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair. And I don't need one other thing except my dog. (****head growls) Well I don't need my dog.

Last edited by Goode; Jan 15th, 2003 at 23:55:55.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Hey Arg, maybe Meat is right..... I mean, maybe we should make non-aggression pacts with clanners so we have no fear of losing "our" org bonuses whatsoever. That way we can sit around at primus camp and get phat with loot while the other omni die defending what little xp bonus we have. I mean, most of us are level 200, wtf do we need xp for anyways?

/sarcasm off

If you're not out to win the game, wtf are you playing for?

PS. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=90774
    Last edited by Zindel; Jan 16th, 2003 at 00:07:04.
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

So who is worse? Legion for creating a truce with SF or MoK for only defending their own bases?

I'm so confused...please someone enlighten me.

I can't help but get the impression that we are just blaming each other like mad brothers. I did this? Well...he has been doing this for along time now. Oh ya? Well, look what someone else said about it. Let's just keep shifting weight till we all lose out. Clan must be reading these posts and laughing their asses off.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

It doesn't say we can't defend, it says we need to have permission from a General. There is a HUGE difference there.

Making treaties with Clan only hurts Omni as a whole.

Omni's unite!!!
    Some days you are the bug; some days you are the windshield.

--------------------------------
    Catch ya on the flip side.
    --------------------------------

Speaking a lowly unit member of MoK, I can tell you that our Generals decide collectively which Omni orgs will receive our assistance. This is based on a number of factors, including the level of participation by that org in our (and or allies') base defenses. If the that level of participation is deemed to be unacceptable then of course our generals will revise our Alliance list! They regularly audit the list so I would not view a removal as permanent.

I've participated in a number of MoK's operations to defend its Allies' bases. We bring numbers and we bring high level players to everything, easily 20+ for most anything. If an ally is attacked all the generals rally us to come help immediately, even if this means leaving a team in a mission, or a camp after several hours of waiting. We take the defense of our (and our friends') bases seriously.

If we watch someone's back, we expect them to watch ours.

[The opinions contained herein are mine, and may not reflect MoK's official policies.]
    Last edited by Slavor_MoK; Jan 16th, 2003 at 01:06:57.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Back when we were holding dav the only assistance we ever recieved from MoK was 5 people which I had to ask Akira for.

Today MoK has done more to tear apart omni defences than a simple alliance ever could. They have sown doubt among the ranks. Defending Mayhem today the raid bot was full of crap directed towards legion members (Not from mayhem who were hapy to recieve help) but did I leave? No.

In fact I was one of the last to fall and I fell HOLDING mayhem ground rather than leaving for 75%. Several legion fell because they wouldnt leave Mayhem ground when they mayhem teammates ld`d upon dieing. And since it was 5% they took as much fire from the base as the clan. We have and always will defend our allies. It just seems some of our allies abandon us over morale disputes.

If we dont wish to attack SF its our business not yours. If you wish to do so we wont stop you. If they attack you we WILL stop them or die trying. But after the abuse I was put under on the raid bot today you will seldom see me at an MoK defence. The person handing it out and acting like a child... none other than their illustrious leader. Now dont get me wrong arg has done alot of good and has been a paradigm of mature conduct at times. But today the bar was lowered. One such comment was why dont you go clan? It seems to suit you better?

Why then were we even there? Why did I die? Il tell you why because Mayhem arent responsible for others behaviour in such matters anddont deserve to suffer for it. Because I am omni and il defend an omni base.

All this has given the clan a really good insight into what a damn mess omni is at this moment. Congratulate yourselves while you have time. Theres a storm coming and it knows we arent ready.
    Last edited by TanisAS; Jan 16th, 2003 at 01:33:49.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Here's our deal cut and dry:

When people who have ally status with us are attacked, 100% of our members, wether on alts, or mains, weather level 110 or level 200 DROP what they are doing and go help them. Doesn't matter if we're killing some unique mob and its down to its last bar. We go and help them, that VERY second, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Actions by Renaissance and Legion have caused them to lose that status for the moment.

We do not, and will not support ANY guild that allies with the clans. Period.

If any omni guild that is NOT allied with us gets attacked, then a general or senior general has the decision to prioritize the defense.

Priority 1: Everyone drops everything they are doing and gets over there to help.

Priority 2: We go to help, but only those who want to and are available.

Priority 3 (Low priority attacks): We go to pvp the clanners for fun, but won't attack towers. Again, this is open to those who enjoy it and want to go, not a mandatory deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to make a long story short, this is our policy, and we follow it. If you think we don't defend anyone but BoB, apparantly you should have actually READ and LOOKED INTO our policy instead of starting rumors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Vojoc; Jan 16th, 2003 at 02:38:42.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Dav was ages ago when we were "allies". After todays raid bot abuse I barely consider you omni.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

re

Hold up a second there warspite...

Actions by Renaissance and Legion have caused them to lose that status for the moment.

What actions by Renaissance? I am not speaking for Ren though I am a proud member of Renaissance.I would like to know what actions? Ren ALWAYS sends ppl when a ally base is under attack when we lost our Cav base today we went to Bob base then we went to Mok base..We do not have any agreements with ANY clan org of a cease fire.I think you need to get your facts straight before posting this crap.

Originally posted by Goode
    Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff, (he pushes all of the letters off the desk), and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this (he picks up the ashtray) and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I am, some kind of a jerk or something? And this! And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair. And I don't need one other thing except my dog. (****head growls) Well I don't need my dog.

Nice =] Good Steve Martin flick.

bleh...

Glopp and I settled everything between MoK and Ren, it was a misunderstanding due to the not so favorable effort of someone we pretty much all know (Pogobear/Blizzaro). In the end, it was not really Ren's fault at all, this became quite clear to me after speaking with Glopp for some minutes.

As far as Legion goes. I have no idea what to do about all this. I tried talking to some of Legions leadership. I have been told by multiple people that Noer runs the show over there, then I get told by Georg, its him. Whaam has been communicating with me some.

I cant get the same story out of a single one of them.

Noer's response is - piss off (pretty much)

Whaam is a lot more reasonable yet seemingly blind to the reprocutions of what is going on. I'd have to blame that on lack of information though, I really respect Whaam a lot.

Georg is ever elusive. I understand he's moving IRL, so thats a pretty obvious situation.

Tanis - wants to stir up more crap than he wants to fix so heck with communicating with him.

I am at what is known as an impass. I am unable to communicate our issue with someone inside Legion who is in a position of authority. Legion reminds me of TC in structue, however that is its current downfall imho because it seems that Legion is trying to re-create the magic that once was with different people at the helm. I fear they may not be able to do so with any level of stabillity. The reason I think that is because all of them tell me something different.

As far as our banning of help for them. That case was simple.

If your a bandwagoner who makes alliances with clan orgs to save your own hide, go clan. Dont be Omni. Thats my belief, its not necessarily the belief of all of our allied forces.

I lead a few raids for omni on clan territories. I would hardly call myself the "primary" raid leader, but i do my part. When people call out for help, and I send 30 MoK who were leveling/camping/socializine so that they can die over and over again for someone else's towers, I expect everyone else in the alliance to which I belong to do the same thing.

Is this asking much?

I don't think so. Seeing as Primus camp has been more important to Legion than defending BoB/Ren/Mayhem/MoK the last couple days, I think they are stating their possition very clearly.

If it doesnt concern them, it doesnt concern them.

Bottom line is, I like Legion. Some of their members were MoK leftovers, some of them are original TC, some are even from TBH. Either way I have known a majority of them for a long time and never thought I'd see those people doing things like this.

In any case, you want it you got it right from me.

Yes I'm pissed with Legion. I don't know what else I can do to make my intentions clear to them. I cant be allied with someone who is allied with my enemy. Thats a stupid paridy meant for mindless droves of drama which i am not the slightest bit interested in. I wanna kill the other guys, not my own kind.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Originally posted by Goode
    So who is worse? Legion for creating a truce with SF or MoK for only defending their own bases?

I'm so confused...please someone enlighten me.

Errmm, Argulace and MoK were the major leaders in the raid against the Lion's Den base in Mort and then led us to victory against Synergy Factor in Belial Forest a few days back.

Sitting at their own base? I think not.

And to enlighten you, its worse to help the Clans than not help your own Omni's, which MoK does do.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Originally posted by Xixxxor

Errmm, Argulace and MoK were the major leaders in the raid against the Lion's Den base in Mort and then led us to victory against Synergy Factor in Belial Forest a few days back.

And how long did those bases last?

Lion's Den base took 10 minutes to get ready for and 10 minutes to wipe out. Wasn't paying attention to the time for SF. The SF spot was ninjaed by Diversity, because MoK, who initiated the raid didn't want the base, and the other interested orgs were too slow. Diversity gave the base back to SF. Nobody wanted the spot that lion's den had, because it was clearly too easily overrun.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Argulace, its simple - I don't really bother discuss with people that can't respond without mudslinging or childish insults. If you want to talk you have to change that kind of behaviour. I actually wanted to approach you are about this as its simply a joke blown out of proportions, but after our short conversation that just feels like a waste of time.

And bringing out this in a public board is like? Stupid?
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Tanis isnt a leader of Legion for one.

And secondly is quite reasonable as anyone will tell you when you communicate on a mature level to start with... other than that i just get pissed.

And thirdly is willing to apologise for being maybe a tad unreasonable today having been faced with multiple attacks from all directions. From ppl I considered friends and from half truths and downright lies.

I by no means want to stir but I dont like being picked at. As it is we are very much open to attack. And its all because of this dissention. The sooner its sorted the better. I am gonna go sleep now and will hopefully come back in a more reasonable mood tomorrow. Just remember stuff was said on the raid bot in front of many people from both sides that shouldnt have been public from yourself included.

I dont stir I defend myself. As do you and anyone else on this forum or in this game. I just usually manage to pull it off with a little more style and a little less acidic content. After the couple of days iv had I hope youl excuse my less than courteous attitude with all this. I havent once lied the only thing im guilty of is being short on patience recently which isnt like my usual conduct.
    I am Kong.

It matters not how long the bases may last. What matters is that MoK IS NOT in bed with the enemy, nor are our allies or friends. Period.

I just can't imagine turning your back to fellow Omni by making a self-serving agreement with the Clan. Mind boggling. Naive. I wonder how Legion's members feel about this? Is it ok for your org to become a lap dog for the enemy?

Is it ok to make agreements with the Clan at the expense of other Omni? If so, then I can't imagine many omni remaining as your friends. Hell, you might as well just go Clan if you want to work with them! Anyway, we shall see how long the clan will remain loyal...

[The opinions contained herein are mine, and may not represent MoK's official position.]
    Last edited by Slavor_MoK; Jan 16th, 2003 at 02:48:25.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast