Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What hooked you?

Devilwolf

hehe.. me and 2 friends had just moved to another city to studie(yeah right),we placed our 3 computers on a table,and one of my friends opened his DvD (witch he had gotten from one of those PC-mags in the store),with the hole version of AO.. We installed it one-by-one,and started up on the 7-days trial... And there we where,loggin into "the training field"..OMG!!! wandering around in that place with 2 of my RL buds and alotta other peeps from all over the world really blowed my mind.... That grafic,the music,those leets etc etc........man.. Well,days went and we made it to lvl10 or so,then things really started to happen.... All those fancy items,all that wonderfull outdoor life really got me hooked....
    I started a MA as my first char(nanomage,hehe) didnt have a clue what a nanomage was then,hehe.. One of my great memories with devilwolf(my first MA),was the fleepit!! We spent hours and hours hunting those small bugs ...

Well,my RL friends fell of after some weeks,but i tok the time to learn me the game(im still a n00b though,hehe),and im still here ...

6 months and counting now
    Last edited by Xandathrii; Jan 19th, 2003 at 01:22:54.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

I got my 1st 'real' computer in june 200.. a 400mhx laptop, because i wanted to be portable, and do some writing, and maybe get a webpage and and and and ......

i found AO... looking around a few sites, interested in games i could wack on my laptop. I found AO.. and i read all i coudl about it, and saw a beata applciation, so i filled it out.

Months later, after i had fogotten about AO, i had bought a brand spankin new 750mhz desktop, with ***8mb*** videoram onboard 3d card, O_o ...

I was checking e-mail one day, and i got a "you have been accepted..." e-mail...

I thought it was spam, but i scan all my spam anyway, because sometimes my mom sends me mail. I read down, that i had been accepted to beta test AO ~scratch~

"uh, grunt... AO ... whats that"

So i download it..

I was immersed into this universe, from a backyard. Now some people say that thier Beta experience was amazing. I had a GREAT time in beta. I killed leets to level 3, then tried to get missions and identify this guy with a funny hat on.

Then it happend, i went outside... i was struck with teh awesomness of what happened then... i looked at the towering bulding above me , and then i crashed.

No fear i relogged in and moved towards a group of players, who showed me where the 'store' was. I zoned into the store, and crashed.

I spent beta crashing in stores, and finaly i had to go out of town with work for a week... i returened and the game was live...

Live!!! how can this be... im crashing a lot... i need to upgrade..

750mhz, voodoo3 64 and a whopping 256 meg of ram, IM BACK i thought....

Crash crash crash... O_o

then i installed ram page after hearing what the problem was, a 'memory leak'. trust me i thougth that computer componenets couldn't leak, so i was stumped there... but i researched it and found that there were bits of software that clean memory up.. so i installed one..

I played almost 60 hours during my first day of ao with no crashes...

I lost my 1st char to an erronius log in problem tho... but i started caleena on the 5th of june 2001, and hunted everywhere, and joind guilds, and had fun and chatted an laughed and found something very valuable...

Thats me....

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

• Game-A-holic.
    • Spectacular Graphics.
    • Atmosphere and setting.
    • Meeting new online friends.
    • Love playing MMORPG's.

Result = Addictiveness.

Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Claneena's post reminds me of how I got addicted to cigarettes.
    I got dizzy, almost fainted, and then the puking started.

12 years later I still smoke...
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I got completely hooked when I started a crat, damn they are good ^^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123