Thread: Is the 5% last attack hour worth it?

Is the 5% last attack hour worth it?

I understand the point funcom wanted to make with this one hour 5% zone....allowing guilds of the same side to set a dispute in arms in case of both would desagree on land control...but...

Ethically no guild will attack the same side as they would be pointed out by their community and in the wars history i have no remembering of a guild of the same side volontarely attacking another guild. They always did it unintentially because of helping another guild defending their base against oponents in the 5% time frame.

So not only this time frame is useless because of common moral agreements between guilds of the same side, but it works contrarely as intended, as it hinders other guilds to help defend a base in this time frame, as those who help are being "punished" for helping allies, as they get their own bases attackable for very long hours...

So what s the point with keeping this rule, if it does not work as intended...or may be i m wrong and the intention was to make the last hour the hardest time to defend a base...and the prefered time for attacking a base.

Given their lack of talk about any of the NW issues I guess we can take it at face value: 5% is just a time where the attackers have a serious advantage over the defenders... no more, no less.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

5% is a bad idea, its very hard to defend a base in 5%.
    Omnis attack omnis, and clanners kill the rest... nice..
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Actually 5% rules especailly when it happens when the defenders have prevented you from closing with towers because of CC.

I can understand your reluctance about it......but I think its crucail in the game since it ensures a chance of the tower coming down since it means only the guilded can defend....or the teams better get organised on defence and have someone from the defending guild there to team with.

As for attackers be it 5% or 25%.....just means you have to be a tad more selective in your targeting.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

5% is a nightmare for people with area attack like fixers and NT. I hate it..

I LOVE 5%. It makes things sooo much more interesting.

5% is worth it if you're fighting a high ql base that is owned by a small guild, thus the defenders can group with no one.

lmao

Ask any omni who assaulted DB in mort 3 days ago on RK1, they'll tell you how much they didn't regret attacking at 5%.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

The 5% should be moved into the middle of the 25% timeframe.

At least that way, given the timing of the tower placement, and the fact that the base owners probably placed the CT is peak time for their guild, then it would make sense to have the 5% at the peak time for defenders.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

stromm stop ganking me in my house
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera