Thread: Solo agro

Angry Solo agro

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with not being able to obtain decent items in the game as a solo char, I am fed up with sitting around for hours trying to find a team of 9 year old numpties who take on suicide missions and get you killed alot. Why arent the higher level items and nanos available from shops and vendors to allow solo players like myself enjoy the game, we are being forced into a situation where it is nearly impossible to achieve status in this game unless you team up.

I am nearly at the point of giving up on my 109 Engineer as I can not find any decent pet crystals to use, currently I have a lev 106 bot whom is not capable of taking on a level 130 ish solo mission to get the loot. What with reaching my Title cap 20 levels before I could improve my char the whole situation is rather boring and tedious to play.I feel it is a downward spiral for Funcom and AO in not developing the game with solo players in mind... is anyone else having the same problem?

1st, it's the same problem for everyone. No Nano Crystals are sold in shop after QL125. So Engi, MA, Fixer, named it, same problems.

When i was at your level i was having the same problem. I bought the Feeble Warbot on the shopping channel. With that bot i was able to do a mission for the next one and so on.

2nd Title Cap are the same for everyone also. Green skills will cap at level 125 if you maxed them every level. The 150 cap is even worst, green skill cap at 160. It's the same thing for everyone, it's how the game is made. Cap allow you to raise skills you can't offord to raise when your not capped.

If you want to give up on your Engi at 109 it's up to you but you will ran into the same problems with any other professions.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Well, the most difficult thing in this game is to find people you like to team with.

Some like to power level, other like to play safest possible, others like a soft pace with some freedom.

Others like to whine.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Learn how to blitz a mission.. may not be fun.. but if it is missionable.. you will get it.

Find a guild you like. that may help your teaming.

Everything can't be handed to you.. learn strategies (like blitzing) that help you to get the items you need.

When you say decent items.. are you meaning rare drops? Including yourself in teams is unfortunately the way it has to be... at least for most of the good rare drops. Some are quite soloable..

Wink

Thanx for response but I believe that you are missing my point that the game is being marketed with team play in mind. Surely if yjis game is to be enjoyed to the max, then perhaps FC could cut some slack for the solo players. I do enjoy playing AO dont get the wrong idea, but it is too much like hard work sometimes. Also I have met a few, and I mean a few players in 14 months of playing that I have had success with teaming. Whilst playing EQ for a year or so I found that the teaming and the shopping were much easier to get along with. ALthough the graphics and the general stability of the game were shocking.

I have joined several guilds but have recieved no help or assistance from them at all. They have always viewed me as a taxable source of income. The benefits were all in favour of the guild. If anyone could recomend a clan which would offer me a 2 way relationship I would be very pleased to know....

SO please FC would you give us solo players a bit of a break!

Originally posted by Reiback
    Thanx for response but I believe that you are missing my point that the game is being marketed with team play in mind.
    Well duh!

As pointed out, no one is able to buy every single thing they want in stores. But apart from perhaps the very top items that are nodrop and drop from uber mobs, there is nothing you can't acquire as a solo player.

Every profession can blitz, every profession can earn money so eventually, if you want it, you'll be able to buy it.

Of course there is a reward for teaming up, just like in real life. You wanna move your fridge? You call some friends or suffer the muscle aches.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

easy one really.

And it has never been this easy

Get HP buff and speed buff and roll what you want and just run the mission.

With the lag currently in mission, or anywere, it is well possible for ANY profession with high runspeed to run a mission without being hit once, mobs dont even root you no more, nor snare. Its almost embarrasing at this point, bordeline exploit i assume but not our fault at all and they can not forbid us from blitzing.

There used to be skill involved in this, but beside from good area knowledge and keen eyes, anyone can do it. And even though it is more or less void of danger it can still get yer pulse up a bit, not go as far as saying it is fun but

Even so, getting the nanos you need via shopping should be no biggie, as long as you dont want team beacon that is, and often at a good price well under what it would have cost in shop were it available.