Thread: Gloomfall Armor

Gloomfall Armor

Nice stuff Funcom, thanx.

Keep it exactly as it, accept for some more AC's. I realize it has HP bonus and other cool stuff, but the AC's are much lower than what is already out there. Take CDS for exampe, much higher AC's, evades, and HP bonus.

I think an AC level right in between CDS and where Gloomfall is now would be VERY acceptable.

Please consider.

PS... or add evade bonuses.

PPS... is there an Agent only back piece on the way that will be agenty?...you know black?... or something like the Avangeline, that has the same stats as the Red Organic suit? Most Agents I know hate to wear it but feel they have to to get the ac's they want.

I doubt this armor will get evades bonus...you guys can still use NS and/or TMS. Don't think they will give you huge evades as well. Nice armor regardless.

Nice armour, but nothing special ... CAS, DS or bunch of other armours are better than that. Heck, look at new soldier battlesuit... I would say the only prof what dont need such battlesuit is the soldiers.... They got TMS anyway.
    Agent suffers right now from "early patched" problem. They was one of the first to gain some stuff back, and now they are among the last to recive any stuff... so they fall behind.

Good point Chromatorg.

It does kind of feel like we are left picking over the leftovers from other profs with our fp’s though even this has been severely eroded as the vast majority of new nanos are prof only.

Tiggy

Originally posted by Chromatorg
    Heck, look at new soldier battlesuit... I would say the only prof what dont need such battlesuit is the soldiers.... They got TMS anyway.
    LoL the suit isnt uber at all and neither is the tms.
    Go fp soldier if you love it so much ;p
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Heck, look at new soldier battlesuit... I would say the only prof what dont need such battlesuit is the soldiers.... They got TMS anyway.
    And you have played a soldier to come to that conclusion I take it.

If not, then your pretty ignorant, I bet you would say that soldiers didnt deserve the Nophex also right?

Funny guy.

Originally posted by Tium

And you have played a soldier to come to that conclusion I take it.

If not, then your pretty ignorant, I bet you would say that soldiers didnt deserve the Nophex also right?

Funny guy.
    Maybe not, but...

Defensively, soldiers are among the best. Mk is tough, which is
    more than agents have, that being nothing. (Agents rely on crit
    nanos, which is screwed with nano shutdown.) On top of that a
    pretty nice B-Suit (Which actually does nothing for low end game.)

Anyway, that's not even what the thread is about. It's my opinion
    that defensively SOL's are fine, but they need better firepower
    than what their name says, but now isn't the time or place. Now..

Change the AC's to match CDS and Gloom might be more interesting.
    Otherwise, I'll be heading tosmugglers for some MK pretty soon.

(Honestly, to whoever said FP: Sol.. The nano cost is a bit high to
    use in FP until 150+ when psychic and nano pool can be maxed...))

With that said, it should be lessened. For soldiers, naturally..

heh, why ***** about soldiers? it only clouds your thread because the soldiers will naturally come here to defend themselves. and on that note..

I'd like to note that we don't have the battlesuit yet. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to count your chickens before they're hatched?

Defensively agents have root

And nothings stopping you from fp'ing and using TMS. Honestly... saying soldiers are among the best defensively because of TMS, and then stating agents suck because they have nothing defensive is kinda... illogical?

And having thus defended my proffession I'll now lend my support to yours. I agree with the origional poster, the armor is nice, but it could use a little more AC. But please refrain from attacking my proff next time yes?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I say it again: high-lvl soldier need anything but this battlesuit. They _may_ ask for more dmg, some nifty programs, aggro managment, anti-doc or anti-fixer nanos - but not for any more defence. I dont mind if mid-lvl soldiers recive such battlesuits - but for high lvl soldiers its , hmm, pointless from overall gameplay perspective. High-lvl soldier defence too good as is.

Not the right thread, but...

I say it again: high-lvl soldier need anything but this battlesuit. They _may_ ask for more dmg, some nifty programs, aggro managment, anti-doc or anti-fixer nanos - but not for any more defence. I dont mind if mid-lvl soldiers recive such battlesuits - but for high lvl soldiers its , hmm, pointless from overall gameplay perspective. High-lvl soldier defence too good as is.
    If you know so much about high lvl soldiering then give us your toon name.
    If you throw out accusations like this you will not be believed unless you back up your arguments with something.

We never asked for anti CH nano. Personally I dont need it at all. We have gotten 2 weapons we never asked for and some nanos we cannot normally use.
    On the other side we have lost crits, damage and specials.

Now then... FC states that the soldier shall have the strongest defence of all classes with the TMS. Another soldier with a Hellfury can kill me easily, but for 1:20 I am pretty strong. After that there are 40 seconds where I dont have RRFE or any kind of shield. I dont know what prof you play but most high lvl people use weapons with AS or fling on them. I die very fast once my defences are down, thats why I try not to go into a fight without GSF.

A rooted soldier with nano shutdown is easy prey for most profs. Slap on an init debuff and he is toast in seconds.

Can you back up your arguments with anything?

The battle suit is nice, but I dont think many will get it. And the few that do may think more than once about using it since its social armor and you arent able to use Yalm, bracers, rings or pads while you have it equipped.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Not the right thread, but...

Originally posted by Beartwo

If you know so much about high lvl soldiering then give us your toon name.
    If you throw out accusations like this you will not be believed unless you back up your arguments with something.

We never asked for anti CH nano. Personally I dont need it at all. We have gotten 2 weapons we never asked for and some nanos we cannot normally use.
    On the other side we have lost crits, damage and specials.

Now then... FC states that the soldier shall have the strongest defence of all classes with the TMS. Another soldier with a Hellfury can kill me easily, but for 1:20 I am pretty strong. After that there are 40 seconds where I dont have RRFE or any kind of shield. I dont know what prof you play but most high lvl people use weapons with AS or fling on them. I die very fast once my defences are down, thats why I try not to go into a fight without GSF.

A rooted soldier with nano shutdown is easy prey for most profs. Slap on an init debuff and he is toast in seconds.

Can you back up your arguments with anything?

The battle suit is nice, but I dont think many will get it. And the few that do may think more than once about using it since its social armor and you arent able to use Yalm, bracers, rings or pads while you have it equipped.
    Well, you MAY die after 1:20. But you still have very good HP, AC and reflects even without this suit. Now the good part: all other classes will die INSTANTLY with your logic. Simple as that. Soldier have 1:20 invulnerability, other classes die instantly. If they not die, then may be soldiers could last that 40 sec till another TMS too???

And nanoshutdown... geh, almost all profs have it harder with nanoshutdown than soldiers... All nanoprofs, all healing profs, all pet profs, huh... Name me one profession what have it lighter with nanoshutdown then soldiers??

As i said, soldiers have they problems. But lack of uber items is not one of them....
    Last edited by Chromatorg; Jan 17th, 2003 at 14:02:24.

I rather agree with Chromatorg. All you said was 'if this happens I'll die' which given the 'this' strikes me as a pretty likely conclusion regardless of your profession.

Like duh! Replace 'soldier' with your preferred profession...

Sure, soldiers have issues, but lets not get carried away here...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Wink

I really dont give a sh** about soldiers,
    lets try to stay on topic,
    that beeing Gloomfall Armor.

*shrug* don't blame the soldiers for this polluted thread, 's not us who started this one. Some people can ask for fixes without complaining about other proffessions. And other people are immature whiners.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni

I'd like to note that we don't have the battlesuit yet. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to count your chickens before they're hatched?

Defensively agents have root

And nothings stopping you from fp'ing and using TMS. Honestly... saying soldiers are among the best defensively because of TMS, and then stating agents suck because they have nothing defensive is kinda... illogical?

But please refrain from attacking my proff next time yes?
    What the hell? Awefully defense for a non-agressive post.

If you didn't notice, I wasn't attacking your profession. There
    wasn't a hint of such in my post, so just keep your mouth shut
    before you overreact again and say something else really dumb.

Don't go taking everyone's words as an attack on soldiers.
    Geebus. Did you even see me say '*It's my opinion* that solders
    are fine defensively.'? You talk about being immature, but you
    come at me directly and try to be a smart ass for my having my
    own opinion. Yeah, speaking of logic, there isn't much in that.

Drop it.
    Last edited by Morthoseth; Jan 17th, 2003 at 18:23:20.

Nice armour, but nothing special ... CAS, DS or bunch of other armours are better than that. Heck, look at new soldier battlesuit... I would say the only prof what dont need such battlesuit is the soldiers.... They got TMS anyway.
    Agent suffers right now from "early patched" problem. They was one of the first to gain some stuff back, and now they are among the last to recive any stuff... so they fall behind.
    hmm, looks an awefull lot like an attack on the soldier proff to me.

And why you saw my post as a personal attack upon yourself I'm unsure about. Guilty concience? *shrug*

by HH Munro

That'll be enough you guys!!

Stop with the profession bashing already!....jeeebus

Now back to the Gloomfall, the more I think on this the more I believe that the AC's have to match CDS. It is sad to think that an AC starved Agent has to fp Fixer and MA to get the AC's that he/she needs, and then end up looking like some kind of clown in that damn red suit. I believe this is an attempt by FC to keep FP as our "defining" feature. To get better AC's the Agent can utilize FP and wear the stronger armor of profesion X. Well this is great, but I want to look like an Agent not a Fixma, and I really dont think there is any reason to think that people believe us to BE that profession, so dont throw any RP'ing at me either.

I dont think it would be asking too much to up the AC's to CDS level and leave the other stats as well. It would not be overpowering in any way.

A back piece. This should match the Red Suit(except for the HP bonus), only if the AC were to be raised on the Gloomfall, the hp bonus(on the new back piece) would not be needed. This could be as simple as putting modernized ICC cloaks in the game above ql100. Another option would be something like the Avangeline cloak that matches the red suit stats, and allows us to show off our new black armor. As it stands this new armor will not be seen on any Agent who likes his AC's.

Re: Re: Not the right thread, but...

And nanoshutdown... geh, almost all profs have it harder with nanoshutdown than soldiers... All nanoprofs, all healing profs, all pet profs, huh... Name me one profession what have it lighter with nanoshutdown then soldiers??

As i said, soldiers have they problems. But lack of uber items is not one of them....
    dude ... it is not when nanoshutdowns are cast on soldiers - he is refering to the shield itself which will shut them down.

2 minutes shutdown whenever they use the shields.

and i sorta agree with the thread starter - of all professsions i have dabbled in the agent gave me the least satisfaction.

that might be because the only boon apart from pvp was as i saw it to change and turn buff whore for the team.

nothing that defined the agent or gave me a role in a team. i dealt big damage, so what?

i can turn into a (at my level) 4th rate rip off of any class (once higher up this can be turned into 2nd rate whoopde doo).

everybody is running around with my profession weapon because it rocks in pvp - big deal, i dont care for pvp.

some bells and whistles for pvm for being agent apart from a kevlar hood would be nice - i do not like the thought that i am not in team because i am an agent but because they are short a buffer.
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 18th, 2003 at 02:00:39.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Sredni

hmm, looks an awefull lot like an attack on the soldier proff to me.

And why you saw my post as a personal attack upon yourself I'm unsure about. Guilty concience? *shrug*
    You addressed 2 things which I had previously talked about.
    Soldier battle suits and the defenses of the soldier profession.
    You were even matching me word for word in your reply
    post: "Are one of the best defensively..", yeah... you were
    definitely talking to me in particular, so don't bother denying it.

Think about how you say things next time, if you don't want your
    words to be interpreted as solely directed at me. It was obvious
    you were replying to me. It wasn't a personal attack on me? Not
    anymore than my last post was to you, if that's what you actually believe.

Why don't we drop it soldier, before this gets ugly? It'd be for the
    best if we just stayed on topic, you know? No reason to be at
    eachother's throats over something like this. Oh, and no I don't
    have a guilty concience. Honestly, friend, why would I? I didn't
    say anything I regret saying at all. I spoke my mind and you spoke yours.

Case closed.