Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notum Wars Participants of all professions, answer this.

The EQB doesn't scare me unless I'm rooted, and in that case its bend over and then take it up the butt.

What I don't like about it basically is the hits are 2K apiece, and my doc heals 1.2k, my adv 1.1k, neither one is enough to counter 1 hit, much less 4, which is all it takes to kill either one of my toons that fight.

So, my answer to the whole queen blade situation is fine, let the enforcers have them, but with my ADV, give me a counter. That's why I put in my sig, let adventurers in wolf form be immune to snares, blinds, and roots.

As to my doc, well, the doc had the init debuff, and CH, so he's a bit better prepared, and when I play my doc I hang in the back, so the EQB enf has to run through a layer of people to get me, if he gets in there and kills me fine, I can accept that. My nanomage doc only takes 3 hits to go down.

So my answer to the whole QB argument is fine, let them have them, but give other professions counters, etc.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Just wanna say something

In all these EQB-threads there are alot of people saying stuff about the EQB. Including me.

But there are not that many EQB's out there. For those that say that u never die to a EQB in mass pvp.. are u sure u ever felt an EQB in ure spine? Might have been a QB. I just dont think anyone really have the right to say they got alot of experience in pvp against EQB. I know I dont. Experiencing in the arena against an EQB enf isnt "experience"

I got hit for 2500 noncrit twice in 6 sec a few days ago. I asked "EQB?.."

He was like.. "no just QB. Im not high enough lvl for EQB"

EQB and QB look alike and QB do great damage too so be sure its the EQB ure talking about.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I agree with you Morelian. With some exceptions. My biggest fear of more and more of these weapons being introduced.

Sometimes stuff just needs a nerf. From looking at the test DB from various sites, it looks like stuff is just getting more and more ridiculous.

I can live with the QB. I don't duel enforcers with it. But the ones in mass PVP aren't so bad. I don't really mind dying.

What I do find unacceptable is an Enforcer with way more HP, with a QB that does way more damge, and Rage that makes them un-rootable, un-outrunable, and un-stoppable with the 1s/1s attack/recharge on the QB with rage + flurry.

I don't mind that I can't kill them. I don't mind that they can kill me. I just don't like that if they target me on the battle field, I WILL DIE! I can't run, hide, heal, nothing. I must die.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Insida
    The other day I saw Ion Warr alone in the center of the Primus Camp I decided to give him a couple shots to see how uber that guy was. ..

In case you guy start some GA bs talksheet, lets just say that this only lasted 10seconds.
    That's eight seconds longer than any other class in the game can solo Ian Warr. Aren't you the one asking for a boost to GA in another thread because it is not keeping its uber edge over the other armors? That's like saying "I was only 99 million richer than that guy last week when he had a million. Now he has 1.5 and so I'm poorer in comparison... fix me." ROFL
    Last edited by Jutlina; Jan 15th, 2003 at 20:57:08.

During that time I was running like a little girl..

Sanskrit, do you ever post anything else than bad remark, judging others or plain talksheet? I never, ever see you posting something positive..

I seem to do that alot when i see nts.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

I seem to do that alot period.

Wait no... We are men, we run like men!!!!

......well..... n/m.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

wow... this has turned into another "nerf qblade" thread. Don't you guys get tired of spreading senseless spam around? Why not just continue bumping one of the other two nerf threads you got goin?

oh and Insidia, you accused Sanskrit of just posting negative comments... but... I kinda doubt if anyone thinks nerf requests are positive . Do please practive what you preach.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I think everyone is focusing on 1v1 pvp here. By that I mean an EQB enf against anyone will usually win in an arena situation. The days of I am uber in arena so my class has to be over powerered and should be nerfed are no more. Instead of lone wolves in arena, todays pvp is more akin to a battlefield, many classes complementing each other. We are talking mass battles here not arena ganking, to use that EQB he has to come in range of a group of people. In my opinion that balances it very well. The Enf has no range to use the EQB he must get on top of you. In every battle I have witnessed unless the person playing the Enf is good that doesn't happen he gets chewed too bits by the line before he gets there. I say let them have the EQB if they have the cajones to charge the line and take the damage they deserve to get some good hits once they get there.

For everone who wants to flame me, no I am not an Enf I am a nanomage NT.

Something like this but maybe not a necessarily a weapon should be given to the ma and adv also. I say not as powerful because they can heal better than an enf. Then we would be on the road to making them viable also. Say a ranged weapon for ma, and like Morelian's suggestion root resistance for adv's in wolf form.

Asbestos suit on so go ahead.

Sanskrit, do you ever post anything else than bad remark, judging others or plain talksheet? I never, ever see you posting something positive..
    I run about 50/50.

Edit: My problem is that I just can't let a thread like "Give GA a boost" or "Abaddon Chassis is not uber" alone. Chalk it up to immaturity.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Jan 16th, 2003 at 06:55:04.

Arrow First targets in Mass PvP

From my opinion the first that must be downed are Docs cause they are the Healers of your worst Nightmare "EQB/QB enforcers" Doc can Heal up the enfo u will have down to 10% HP in 1sec and then u all dead cause of Mutli-Alpha/Mélée attack/Drains/Init Débuff/etc.....U lost cause u tarfet the last one to kill.

1st must be docs,so no more Heals,without Healers a Whole Group can be downed Easily.
    2nd must be Traders,so no more 2nd hand heals and worst of all Drains....Hit with ur 100% skills is great and recommanded in PvP
    3rd hmm i dunno....all others,personnaly in PvP i have only 1 target Docs and after Traders(I m doc myself),but anyway a doc can t kill anybody,that s the job of Heavy Damager,Docs are there to Heal and Debuff and Dot,that s all,they can t kill cause of there low rate Dmg and it is really not recommanded to show up in middle of fight when u r doc cause in general u the 1st to be downed......in my case :/

Have fun and kill all these Docs and traders ^^
    "L'enfer c'est les Autres" Jean Paul Sartre

Dodgeman Zebraman
    Aphrodita
    Dodgeman Bio
    My famous armor set

Lol You people make me laugh so much.

Your acting like we are GODS.

All this **** about 5000000000000000000k dmg omg NERF!

I was getting completely chain rooted/ debuffed and blinded.

Wow, such a great rage we got.

Damn there was like 50 clanners, I WAS A DEFENDER and CC kept me stuck, every direction was a CC Message.

They came closer, until they got into range, after about 20 chain roots, I was dead.

So I came back and tried to take on this Agent the back of them.
    BAM, 900........BAM 1.5..... ( i hit him 5 times with brawl and a dimach) he was about to die, then he ran off faster than me.

I had GSF+Rage , i was tempted to use a run stim. But damn he ran fast. Back into the middle of the clanners.

Any enf that runs into a group of clanners is a DUMB ASS Let me tell you that, and if you DIE from an enforcer liek that your a dumb ass too.

I never get heals myself, half of omni never team.
    Your all talking so much crap it makes me so angry.

You can easily take down an enf in a group.
    An AS ALot of the time takes us 40% down in hp, you bring in a soldier alpha and 50 other people seeing a >OMNI< in the middle of them doesnt last good.

OMG UBER ENF WITH TEH HP! Omg He can resist all my nanos, omg I cant root him, OMG I Cant touch him.
    WAAH.

Bull****, dont believe me and ill PROVE it to you ingame, I done it many times.

Grr I cant be bothered to even type properly im so mad.

I havent read the thread, but the big, massive difference between an EQB enforcer and anyone else is this...

1) Heals do not kill you.
    2) Drains do not immediately damage you
    3) Being able to evade and instantly escape does not kill you.

4) Being hit for 2500 points of damage does kill you.

It is the SAME reason people used to FEAR MA's. And that reason is Incredible Damage. MA's have always been pretty squishy. But back in the day they did Incredible damage, just like Enf's do now.

In terms of damage, Ian Warr does outdamage a EQB player, but not if that EQB player had 100% damage.

Keep also in mind 99% of EQB/QB users have uber speed for 20-30 seconds total. When you dont have flurry running, the EoT, or other weapons can ALMOST keep up with a *normal* QB.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Enf with the right brain has always had all the tools at he/she/it's disposal to be the king of 1v1 encounters against practically every class. With the exception of very strong alpha classes, or Doctors. Fixers too to a certain extent - However it's still 50/50 against these classes. (imho)

So yes, Riokou, those claims ARE valid. However in mass PVP it isnt always that easy. Unless you have one side comprised of 35 EQB enforcers it could be quite messy.

I'm honesly not out there PVP'ing because I feel the EQB is kinda cheesy myself. But if I had to rely on any other weapon, I'd end up saying enforcers are at a bit of a disadvantage in mass pvp...
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

An enforcer can't get close unless people let them, most soldiers i talk to say they go for enforcers first because they like having their AS's and FA's worth a damn, in which FA's are total crap on people who go full def or 50% def.

Personally, last night after 9 straight hours of combat in CAV and 2ho, the enforcers were the ones running more than the fixers. Being someone who's a rear gunner and spams AoE snare due to all the docs and enforcers that resist it i've noticed i can manage to land snares on enforcers at times and this is invaluble. Most of us who got kills that night were ranged weaponry users, i found myself throwing dual HoTs on all the enforcers tanking the towers, and then seeing some agent pop out of nowhere and aimed shot kill the enforcer. I mean, with GAIV i can tank the towers a lot better than enforcers can, but there is no way in hell im able to pull aggro. You really need a healer on enforcers when they tank at all times.

As for the comment above about someone's group dying to 1 EQB enforcer - some players are more skilled than others. You can have 40 noobs attacking 1 good crat like Soalitis or Lostcleavage and theyll kill them all. There's a fine line between skill and profession balance, getting to the root of people's ability to pvp is something that must be done more often to properly justify their objection to a nano or item being in AO.

"What I do find unacceptable is an Enforcer with way more HP, with a QB that does way more damge, and Rage that makes them un-rootable, un-outrunable, and un-stoppable with the 1s/1s attack/recharge on the QB with rage + flurry. "

Root isn't un-landable, my TS isn't even maxed (43% of impact on root landing) and im able to land some roots on enforcers as theyre always full agg. Getting one root on them helps a lot because if theyre gonna break it, they gotta cast rage, which uses some of their nano and less nano = less or no challenger, less or no mongo depending on what state the enforcer in question is at. Another thing you must realize is that flurry is somewhat disadvantaging to enforcers with the crit bonus it gives to its opponents too (it's basically 150% agg = NO defense whatsoever)
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Well, I think I can sum it up in a single phrase Stromm:

The EQB's damage/speed numbers are so huge that almost nothing else compares.

I'm not saying nothing else competes with it - too many factors go into that, like profession, player skill, character setup, debuffs, tactics, etcetera.

But there are almost no damage-dealing options that produce comparable numbers. The only ones that come to mind are the Pest nuke and Res blast nuke. It's like a melee Krutt with 100% crit chance in the hands of a fully drained Trader.

The EQB hits, reliably and every 3-4 seconds at worst, as hard as (or harder than) the best PvP AS, FA, or SA. As was noted... an EQB enforcer can hit harder than Ian Warr before the PvP reductions are applied to their damage.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Stromm

That was a fine raid we did, killing MoK towers..heh.

Well lets see what happened there.
    First, all I did was go kill towers. The melee chrs where on the towers with enforcers tanking them.
    Ranged ppl where protecting the melee.

I hear alot of stuff about enfos rushing in and killing one target then coming back. I think i could do it too....but:

1. Lag will ofcource prevent me..and if that fails, se nr2.

2. CC will make sure i cant do much.

I also see that some idiots still think that we go to Tower Raids at full aggro....idiots.

I am allways at full def when i am not hitting towers. Allways.
    I am also "almost" allways running infernal rage. That is, when LAG lets me run rage.
    EQB at full def..is pathetic when it comes to speed.
    Why full def? Let me tell you.

Today at a raid i made the misstake to take 2 steps too close to omnis....after 2 seconds my uber buffed HP with rrfe was under 50% and going down hard. At all this time i was full def...so i just went back 5 meters to my group of clanners. During my brief "invasion" i recieved a couple of alphas, divest, snare...and was almost dead.

Today another funny thing happened. This i tell you because i read the funny story about the enfo raping 5 zombies...salute by the way to you enforcer, good work kicking their asses.

I am at storm base and bored by the lag i decide to look arround. Me and an adv sees a lonely Omni MP buffing or something. Adv attacks the omni who is STILL buffing and gets stunned. Now, i just used challenger fob.....i press brawl, dimach, EQB....goodnight omni green MP.

I am willing to bet that this MP(no offence that i use you, but this is how most of this **** stories are coming by..taking this case as an example only.) could actually start a thread and say ... Nerf EQB Enforcer bla bla bla bla.
    Here we got an MP standing at one place not moving...buffing...and here i come fully buffed with challenger, fob and using brawl, dimach and i got the Adv with me too.
    Maybe he expected to survive and kick our asses...who knows.
    Anyway, this is not about this particular MP that i dont know personaly, but about what goes inside a whiners head.

Ppl dont like to loose.

By the way i suggest you guys take a good look at the new 2he/1he weapons. You gonna love them too.
    Ofcource all with high min dmg....no crit reliant.
    Specials suck on them by the way.

I allready have my eye set on one that does good dmg at ultra speed.....and has a 7% root chance.
    Allready know on which proffesions to use that instead of EQB.

There is another that hits....1/1 speed without rage and fob.
    Dont know if i like that one, but i will test it out. Full def at 1/1 speed sounds good to me. Min dmg on that one is 386.

Still, EQB will be my main weapon untill something better comes along.

EQB serves me more then well at bosses...my hope is it will continue to do that after the speed cap. You guys better hope the same if you want any ****en loot.

Start praying.

P.S
    Jynne, AS can actually hit for 5.4k+ pvp dmg...EQB cant.
    Certain ppl that know how to play this game will cap with AS every time regardless of def setting.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=89424
    Last edited by Anikitos; Jan 17th, 2003 at 02:23:46.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I think I was the MP. The reason I just let you both kill me was...I'm an MP. Apart from the fact that I was on my own, I can't out run you, I don't have a hope in hell of killing you, so what's the point in even fighting back. As to why I was buffing, well I'd been stood there watching you Clan take the base for the past 15 minutes without any of you morons taking any notice of me and I needed to rebuff

I half expected you'd come over to ask me for mochams.

Fiveskin

Only thing I hate about EQB enfs is their runspeed - impossible to catch them when they run away (yes, I'm serious)
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast