Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notum Wars Participants of all professions, answer this.

Notum Wars Participants of all professions, answer this.

I'm going to do a test.

In NW battles, what pisses you off about EQB enforcers?

After hearing 'who do you attack first in notum wars battles,' discussions i can't help but laugh. I'm seeing people put enforcers above of doctors, agents and traders. Interesting to see how desperate people can be to bring the whining to all fronts when it comes to this contreversial weapon.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

An EQB Enforcer is potentially more lethal to a group of people than a Trader. He has a lot more HP than most people on the battlefield, and he can kill most people in 3-4 hits without the target being healed repeatedly. And they're fast.

Compared to an Enforcer with the EQB, a Trader is merely an annoyance.

I don't think enf are in any way overpowered in NW battles.. don't remember the last time I died to one. In order to get in range they have to be in right in the middle of it and that's insta death almost. Also most seem to be full agro now due to using a slow weapon and so they are easier to root.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

You can clearly see a big difference when theres an EQB enforcer in the battlefield, they hit like Ian Warr on PMS You also see a big differences when one side got alot of fixers, snare over snare, nonstop. You can barely charge or run away. I think fixer can help alot in winning an attack or doing a successfull defence. I clearly saw what my proffession could do in a battlefield today. I think we were over 10 fixers there and the clanners could simply not charge or run away once CC allowed Omni to rush, quite powerfull.

*Scratches head*, might be bad if you are rooted or something, but then again there must be situations where an enf can hit something...

I spendt some time last night shooting at, and beeing tried whacked by an enf, every time he came close and was bout to start laying down the smack, I just ran round bit, shot some ,moved some, shot some, wasnt like I was gonna stand there and eat the melee dmg.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Re: Notum Wars Participants of all professions, answer this.

Originally posted by Stromm
    In NW battles, what pisses you off about EQB enforcers?
    That I can't do /enforcer warp to get one next to me. Whenever I do /enforcer attack, they run off in the wrong direction and get warped into a mob of omni. Most irritating of all is when I do /enforcer behind and I hear Deacon laughing maniacally in the distance.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

nothing pisses me off about EQB enfs in mass pvp or arena pvp, i know i cant kill the enf so i wont target him/her.

i attack everything else, but i normaly target fixers (heheh i am a NT.. and the AE snares are killers) Docs, MAs, and Advents. becous they can heal. and if i c a crat (dont do that to offtend =/) i target him/her right away, becous the AE init debuff is crazy

so the EQB enf is no problems for me, it they attack me i run or i die trying, but i will never target a enf becous his/her weapon is good in 1vs1 and pvm..
    w00p w00p!!

My main problem with it is that it does twice as much damage in PvP as Livegiving Elixir can heal, and it swings twice as fast as LE can be cast, too.

The problem isn't that it's outdamaging my best non-CH heal. It's that it's outdamaging it by four times.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

That i cant run from them because of CC but they can run up to me and cram my bum with higher normal dmg then a trader who drained me crits on me for. :P and faster to ;P

Doesnt happen every time but sometimes it lagg and CC puts me directly at one for some stupid anoying reason.

What pisses me most off tho is CC in general.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Jan 15th, 2003 at 17:20:41.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Simple. I do 200 pts every 2 seconds. they do 2000.

Smell the imbalance?
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

I won't blame it on EQB, because I haven't given it that much thought. But, to me, the most annoying thing an enforcer can do is to stand at range against a group of people and tab through them to pick out a target. Then he hits his short term buffs, charges in, quickly kills the target and runs off. He has the highest NR so it's hard to stop him and he has the fastest run speed so you can't catch him. I'm not claiming it works every time. But when it does, it's just jaw droppingly effective.

When I think of hit and run tactics, I think of fixers skirting along the edges conducting harrassment or trying to finish off wounded chars that retreated. When I think of an assassin, an agent should probably fill that roll.

Charging at your opponents strongest chars, scoring a fast kill on the one char that you think will hurt your opponent most and getting out alive just seems like too much to me.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

The thing I hate the most about EQB enforcers is that fact that when I'm on the battlefield, I'm so lagged out I can't even hit back or heal. =]
    - Ignorance should be painful

Sohjiro Founder and Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Gimp Adventurer Extraordnaire.

SF Tshirts
    But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games My wife's experiment and journey into the addictiveness of Anarchy Online.

EQB enforcers are nothing special in Tower wars.

I think ive been hit once by one and that was when i thought i had a load of clan behind me, when i ran up to a group of omni and got slaughtered because no one followed me

CC screws most melee proffesions.

The proffesions that should be killed first imo are NT, fixer, doc, trader..then any other proffesion

They are the most usefull proffessions to have on your side in tower wars atm
    HosT

Apocalypse

I single QB Enforcer (Not EQB) at level 164 killed:
    Me - 143 Adv
    167 Agent
    163 Meta
    145 Doc
    152 MA

We managed to get him down to 3/4 of his HP.

Some of us even tried to run, and even with extremely high run speed, non of us got away.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate
    I single QB Enforcer (Not EQB) at level 164 killed:
    Me - 143 Adv
    167 Agent
    163 Meta
    145 Doc
    152 MA

We managed to get him down to 3/4 of his HP.

Some of us even tried to run, and even with extremely high run speed, non of us got away.

If this was all of you vs him at once, than thats sad.

I would have to agree with Insida and Host on this one, they pretty much some it all up. I dont really see EQB enfs in mass pvp that much of a threat.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Originally posted by Hiredthug
    If this was all of you vs him at once, than thats sad.

I would have to agree with Insida and Host on this one, they pretty much some it all up. I dont really see EQB enfs in mass pvp that much of a threat.
    Given the levels and professions there, it makes a lot of sense.

You can practically ignore the existence of MAs if you're an enforcer. Your damage shield does more to them than their fists do to you. And you outrun them with double their runspeed.

Adventurers can be ugly damage-dealers if they're melee, but they aren't tanks and just can't last long enough against QB hits (slow heals).

Agent: 3 whacks with a QB = dead. Can't root (rage) and has no other defense. Might have gotten off an AS and a crit spree nano, and done most of the damage, though.

MP: Well, he might have distracted the enforcer for a few seconds. And maybe pets gummed up tabbing a bit. But I doubt more than 2 out of every 3 nukes landed, if that.

Doc: At level 145 a doctor isn't a dangerous PvPer. Heals great; dies in 10 seconds flat to a QB - using weak or no init debuffs, ultra-weak or no DoTs, and relatively low evades and laughable damage output.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

The other day I saw Ion Warr alone in the center of the Primus Camp I decided to give him a couple shots to see how uber that guy was. So I start fighting him and I pull him far from the camp so I can kite a little bit. He was weilding a mace so that mean melee which in my head also sound like the word ownage in PvM. I was obviously not doing enough damage to take this guys down but I had some fun trying to take him. Well it didnt very long because he would miss but his damage was way too high for hots to cover up over time. Whats very strange in this is that I had the *EXACT* same feeling than when I fight an EQB enforcers. He was hitting also as hard and running as fast as they do and he could even stun me with some sort of nuke. This mobs here was made by funcom to be taken down by large mutli group. How come a player can almost be as powerfull as this??? wtf were they thinking o_O?

In case you guy start some GA bs talksheet, lets just say that this only lasted 10seconds.
    I know Ion Warr is 100 times harder to kill cause he got 100m HP but the damage was close.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 15th, 2003 at 19:05:10.

I have a 164 qb enf myself, and unless everyone didnt know what they were doing those 5 people could easily take me out. An agent can be a great threat to a enf, so can a mp. QB doesnt hit that hard in pvp, about 1500 in challenger. Ma Does enough dmg to take away my enfs layers, but not enough to be a threat unless fc brings back there crits. And with a ma, doc and adv healing, i think you can take care of the dmg. In my opinion, i think thats kinda weak if you only got him down to 3/4.

Storm

The doc dropped before I even knew we were under attack. Once targeted I did my alpha strike, which isn't much.

Meta gone now.

He turns to me and I'm hit for 1880 in Chemical damage. I "lick wounds" and start to cast next heal, hit with 2k damage, start to run.... dead

MA and agent both die trying to run away.

Doc never got off a heal. I only got off 1 team heal, and 1 1/2 self heals, one of course is my insta cast self heal.

MA never healed because he used his Damage buff thing that takes away your nano skills. I'm sure he thought 1 enforcer wasn't much of a threat, as I did.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Well then it looks like no one was prepared to do anything and everyone was just standing around taking it up the bum.

Storm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast