Thread: Universal chat channels please!

Universal chat channels please!

Alright.. levels 1-10 rule. You are never alone, you always have someone to talk to.

After that, if you can't find a group and you have to solo to pass the time, you're bored, lonely, and need a hug.

Would it really hurt that badly to have the OT OOC/Clan OOC/Neutral OOC channels always be available? Make them non-zone-restricted, make it so that if I'm in SAV, I can talk to someone in Varmint Woods and another person in EFP, all on OT OOC.

Come on... let us have some more socializating!

Omg, no please, do not... The spam would crash you :P I don't think a single channel can handle everyone on the server, that is the reason we don't have it.

Join a guild, you're never alone.

Actually, since I think many just turn off OOC, I don't much care if its accessible everywhere, so go for it FC!

Bump.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Valoren
    Omg, no please, do not... The spam would crash you :P I don't think a single channel can handle everyone on the server, that is the reason we don't have it.
    As Kiryat-Dharin said, many people just turn OOC off. Make seperate channels.. I don't care. I'm just sick of the silence when I solo.

Side note: being in a great guild is nice. However, everyone knows how many worthless guilds are out there. I've joined three... they discouraged idle chat in every way possible, wished only to talk about "w3 g0tt4 g0 r4id 4h0!", and eventually disbanded. I know they're not all that way... but understand my reluctance to join one nowadays.

If they fear the overload, put them in "read-only".
    But I really would like to be able to listen (and talk) to people besides my guild and team members when I'm missioning.

Quite importantly, why shut off the trade channel when you are in a shop ?

Please, open the trade channels in shops !
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

while it would be wonderful in a perfect world to have an all inclusive chat channel.. this isn't one

The amount of trash talk would be rediculous. Even if you allow people to view the clan channel from any side.. or vice versa.. The amount of rubbish that would be spewed out by both sides would be unacceptable.

That's not what I meant. The dirty clanners can keep their chat channels. I just want an OT channel that I can talk on from anywhere... and heck, I'm a nice guy. The clanners can have one too.

I don't want to be on their channel, though... I might catch something.

does the OT chat channel not cover everywhere? I don't listen to it.

If a Universal channel is not a viable option, why not allow a few guild chats to be linked together?? I've seen a few guilds out there that have sister or daughter guilds and they would love to be able to communicate with each other. Is this such a hard thing to accomplish?

Maybe, they can set it up like alliances or something. Have certain guilds create the "Neutral Alliance" or whatever and have each person in all the different guilds in the alliance have a channel option called "Neutral Alliance" or whatever...

Tifanyx

It'd be nice, Tif. In the meantime, most alliances that want something like this use chatbots that link the channels together by sending any text prefaced by a certain set of letters to the other channel.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    It'd be nice, Tif. In the meantime, most alliances that want something like this use chatbots that link the channels together by sending any text prefaced by a certain set of letters to the other channel.

Never heard of that.. Where can I get more info on it?\