Thread: Notum Wars Question...

Question Notum Wars Question...

I'm thinking about buying the expansion, but I'd like to ask something about it first. If I were to buy the expansion and put it on my account, would that also give me another free month on my account? You get a free month when you get the game, so I want to see if you get it if you already have an account. I'm a teenager who has to pay my parents to play the game, and I only have $30 dollars at the time. =P

You dont get a free month unless you start a new account. If you have a lot of money on your characters or like playing with maybe 7 different types of voices that only some people can hear, then the booster is for you.

Seriously, if your not in a guild that has towers dont even consider it. (but thats just me) The graphics upgrades are nominal. The only thing I kind of like is the cargo ships that land on the platforms in the cities, which adds some environment to AO.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I thought so. Well, better invest that money in something else...(another month of AO, Everquest, oh, I don't know) =P

Notum Wars sucks anyways. If you even have to ask if it's worth it, it isn't. The game is much more fun without the headache and heartache brought down by this poorly thought out excuse for an 'expansion'.

Save up for Shadowlands. I got a hunch they'll have learned their lesson about catering to the addicts and freaks by then and be interested in putting out something fun.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Notum Wars sucks anyways. If you even have to ask if it's worth it, it isn't. The game is much more fun without the headache and heartache brought down by this poorly thought out excuse for an 'expansion'.

Save up for Shadowlands. I got a hunch they'll have learned their lesson about catering to the addicts and freaks by then and be interested in putting out something fun.
    Whatever gives you that impression?

The expansions to EQ just keep introducing more content for the addicts and freaks. The ones that are willing to spend dozens of hours camping things just so they have a shot at spending dozens more hours camping something a little tougher.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Whatever gives you that impression?

The expansions to EQ just keep introducing more content for the addicts and freaks. The ones that are willing to spend dozens of hours camping things just so they have a shot at spending dozens more hours camping something a little tougher.
    Well, maybe I'm being optimistic. I was optimistic when the Subway was on Test but had my hopes shattered when it got to live and became a camp-fest for alts.

However, until they announced the character genocide on Test I was evaluating the new sub-60 dungeon and am once again impressed. The bosses spawn quickly, very quickly, they seem to have enough loot to keep a group satisfied. It's all NoDrop/Unique which means you get your crap and leave the mob for the next guy. (Yeah, it shouldn't have to be this way, but I'm noticing that people can tend to suck in these games)

I've noticed a certain intelligence to the MOB's in there. Player skills seem to perhaps matter.

I'm thinking that after seeing the meltdown on Rimor and the impending meltdown on Atlantean, they will finally learn to cater to normal human beings and give the finger to the no-lifes who camp their own Jolt Cola-riddled basements playing glorious 'leaders' of 'powerful' guilds while they scratch their butt's through less-than-white tighty whities.

I'm a gamer at heart. But, perhaps I'm too old for this crap. I want to 'play' while kids these days seem to want to 'compete'. All's I can say, is I make a hellova lot of money and don't have to ask my dad for twenty bucks to go buy a pre-paid game card. If FunCom could fix AO so that it was enjoyable, I'd go back to the pre-paid 6-month status with full intentions of having this as one of my only vices I count amongst my hobbies.

I'm a gamer at heart. But, perhaps I'm too old for this crap. I want to 'play' while kids these days seem to want to 'compete'. All's I can say, is I make a hellova lot of money and don't have to ask my dad for twenty bucks to go buy a pre-paid game card. If FunCom could fix AO so that it was enjoyable, I'd go back to the pre-paid 6-month status with full intentions of having this as one of my only vices I count amongst my hobbies.
    I'm actually kind of happy for the people who move on. Playing a game such as this isn't something you are going to think of 10-20 years ago, its (for me) simply a faze, which somehow must end. The companies will want you to go on forever, but I trust people to know when they've played enough of something.

Also, since this game is technically in a "niche" genre, FC will, I think, continue to try to please the "no-lifes." You must not have gotten the memo...all the normal people are playing The Sims Online. Give it a couple years and by then with the Final Fantasy series on playstation2 trying to get its RPG's online it might be a genre for the less hardcore.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

they will finally learn to cater to normal human beings and give the finger to the no-lifes who camp their own Jolt Cola-riddled basements playing glorious 'leaders' of 'powerful' guilds while they scratch their butt's through less-than-white tighty whities.
    Amen brotha!