Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 hours is way too long

5 hours is way too long

We have a life and we cant just spend 5 hours of our protecting our base everyday. I think 5 hours of PvP supression is too much for me and other people. Anyone agree? No flame please.

I agree.. and it's 6 hours
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

It's forever if you're just sitting there after a false alarm. But if you're trying to attack a QL250 base, you need even longer.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

And not to mention a lvl 200 base can easily be dropped in 40minutes

The time window needs to be redone

I think the timeline should change also. Towers go 25% every day at the exact same time. those who have theirs come up in prime-time suffer more then those who have theirs up at off-hours. Just change the cycle to 23 hours instead of 24. 24 hour cycle = bad.

I've never seen a full QL200 base go down in 40 minutes.

Perhaps a lone QL200 Controller.

Originally posted by arsiine
    I think the timeline should change also. Towers go 25% every day at the exact same time. those who have theirs come up in prime-time suffer more then those who have theirs up at off-hours. Just change the cycle to 23 hours instead of 24. 24 hour cycle = bad.
    I sort of disagree actually. Most guilds would prefer to have their base go 25% when they know their members will be online to defend it should it get attacked. Many guilds' members are primarily from one area of the world, so coinciding sleep schedules throughout the guild are usually the case.

At 3-4am, SF usually has 2 or 3 members online. If bases go 25% one hour sooner every day, there will be plenty of times where our bases will be completely vulnerable with no defenders.

I agree in "war" you need to be prepared to defend at any hour of the day. But let's get a little realistic here, people have lives and this is just a game. I think the way Funcom has it now is fine. The guild can determine which 6 hour window its base will be vulnerable in. If they plan poorly and the rotation begins on their off-hours, that's simply poor planning.

I agree with Insida, the game is slowing down alot for me latetly because of all the tension and battles going on almost every day. If I no longer have time to advance my characters during the 3-4 hours I usually have, I fear frustration will kick in.

Maybe Funcom should reduce the time window to 3 or 4 hours, adjusting the HP on the highest QL towers accordingly? Just an idea.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

6 hours is way too long , we all agree there

but its quite short timming if yu want to attack a ql 200+ base, so why dont just addapt the 25%/5% to the base ql ?

and actually a 24 hour cycle is not good for sure

plus suppression gaz in bases should have a guld members online test .. something like : yu suppose to go 25.. less than 50% of the guild members are not online ..supression is reported

that could be a good thing (still kind a sux for guild with 7 alts per members tho and can be exploited so migh not be good)

Someone in the wrong time zone than the "normal" people are worst ;p So far, No battle for me in my time zone... Not even once >.<

They start wars either at my working time or my sleeping time >.<
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

hell leave the 24h cycle alone!

the way it is now you can actually set the timing so that you have an optimal number of guildies to defend

nothing is more irating than loosing a base at 4am :/
    Yes I'm old but I ain't deaf, so stop yelling!

ppl flaming while hiding their in game names are pathetic, 'nuff said

hm

actually i would like to see more attackable towers. i hate sitting 18 hours online to wait for a tower to go 25%
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

Re: hm

Originally posted by Tha Smurfy
    actually i would like to see more attackable towers. i hate sitting 18 hours online to wait for a tower to go 25%
    Get a job

have one. :)

i work as a comp techie at a school. and it really isnt much to do here. so we usually end up playing.

but seriously (cant say my last post were)

get more peeps to join your guild. have 30-50 ppl online all the time. its not undoable. seeing as the players in this game are spread across alot of differen time zones having atleast some peeps on wont be much of a problem. 18 hours is good. if im to solo some towers it takes me 1.5 - 3 hours to take a full base and it would be lame to have the pf go 100% on me when i got the ct to 10%
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

Re: have one. :)

i work as a comp techie at a school. and it really isnt much to do here. so we usually end up playing.

but seriously (cant say my last post were)

get more peeps to join your guild. have 30-50 ppl online all the time. its not undoable. seeing as the players in this game are spread across alot of differen time zones having atleast some peeps on wont be much of a problem. 18 hours is good. if im to solo some towers it takes me 1.5 - 3 hours to take a full base and it would be lame to have the pf go 100% on me when i got the ct to 10%
    And **** guilds like mine up? We are a scandinavian guild, we dont really have anyone online at night times... and early morning..
    I know there are more scandinavian and french guilds around that wont like that change..
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

haha

im from norway i play some from 8 am until 2-3ish am
    spend the weekends afk tough.

.Hack//Sign

Originally posted by Sheffy
    I've never seen a full QL200 base go down in 40 minutes.

Perhaps a lone QL200 Controller.
    I have a chat scroll from CAV the other day. The base was destroyed in 40 minutes. It had at least 30 towers, I think all were QL200 and a QL200 controller. I checked it since after the base was down to 2 towers and the CT there were still another 4 hours til the base went 5%

Re: have one. :)

get more peeps to join your guild. have 30-50 ppl online all the time. its not undoable.
    And I feel sorry for everyone who wants to play this game and be in a guild of just their real life friends... They should've announced that AO was only designed for the largest guilds

6 hours for a lvl 150 is too long... But 6 hours is too short for a 250 base...

Maybe have timelines like this...
    1-149 CT 2 Hours
    150-199 CT 4 Hours
    200-229 CT 6 Hours
    230-250 CT 8 Hours

It should be a greater risk having a 250 base than it is today.. its near impossible too take down a 250 base...

Originally posted by GreyWind
    6 hours for a lvl 150 is too long... But 6 hours is too short for a 250 base...

Maybe have timelines like this...
    1-149 CT 2 Hours
    150-199 CT 4 Hours
    200-229 CT 6 Hours
    230-250 CT 8 Hours

It should be a greater risk having a 250 base than it is today.. its near impossible too take down a 250 base...
    Pardon my language, but who the heck (with a normal job, family + RL friends) can even hope to have 6 hours+ gaming time to participate in such battles? Or is NW not supposed to be for such folks?
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast