Thread: Ninja Looting

Ninja Looting

Ninja looting is the most grief one player can give to another, however funcom does not consider this an exploit, or any kind of harrasment.

So ninjalooting, is acceptable in funcoms eyes.

Please e-mail your thoughts to Support@anarchy-online.com

your thoughts are always welcome there, and possibly putting something as simple as a /passloot %t command in game that closes loot window and opens on another cliet would save MUCH of this BS from happening in the future.

That e-mail once again :-

Support@anarchy-online.com

or possibly

feedback@anarchy-online.com

Thank you for you coperation.

Caleena
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

Think there already post for this but i'll post my idea again here.

Ninja looting agree not great thing for someone do. But most all cases not so much griefing as it is someone wanting to get loot. You cannot just blame the "ninja looter" or funcom for saying okay. You most remember it is also the looter fault for letting the loot become FFA just releasing it.

Command you mentioned before might actually be good idea now considering seems like that most all content ingame now boiling down to uniques and loot.

So then it's right to go loot a mob that 40ppl have killed, and the looter hasnt done jack *****, shows up when mob is dead and steals loot? U think this is ok?. No it aint, it's all about ethics, but i guess some ppl dont have that.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Divine, stop trying to blame other people...You know that these mobs drop a variety of loot that might not be useable by everyone in the team. You're just ignoring that fact and trying to make your actions justifiable, and everyone knows it. The fact is that it is not the players fault...it is a game design flaw and the ninja's fault for griefing and wasting everyone's time.

Originally posted by Divinecross

You cannot just blame the "ninja looter" . You most remember it is also the looter fault for letting the loot become FFA just releasing it.

I think you can blame the ninja looter. Ninja looters always fall back on the same rationalizations. Ninja looters also all seem to have less then a graceful grasp of ethics. The logic doesnt wash out, it smells rancid.

From the day you are born almost, you are taught that taking what is not yours is wrong. Theft of any property or good is illegal, and taking what others have earned whether it be offline of a pixel in a virtual world, is a display of theft and shows no character.

lol what did they ninja? Did storm kill Ian again and some other clanner ninjaed the azure chest?
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Shibbiy, a L100 Omni MA ninja'd a NODROP bracer of merlin and a NODROP GOS from Tarasque. This was on a OT raid, go figure.

Divine hovered above the body of ian warr, opening trade with several of the ppl standing around the body, obviously trying to ninjaloot, and wouldnt go away.. so eventually the body poofed and an azure chest was lost.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Actualy the body didn't poof, divine got the chest.

just to clear things up.

please e-mail support@anarchy-online.com with your thoughts on ninjalooting.

I would like to see it a bannable offence, as it is ethicly and moraly wrong.

The funcom policy is, during that microsecond that players are transferring loot to the intended, the loot is FFA.

So, /passloot %t or /passloot <name> needs to be activated.

Or THEFT, should be punishable by funcom.

regards,

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

Okay just for record I know what did was wrong in a lot viewpoints. I figured why not petition to return the Chest to person that suppose loot it. Suppose could set things right before leave AO. Caleena/Bravvo/Me had short conversation with ARK ended up telling us that GM Ashed said that the matter was already ruled on and that Ashed wish not speak with us about. Also said whoever looted the item when the loot became FFA now the owner.

I tried set things right but I cannot possible do it. I hope funcom comes up with better system. They had chance here didn't do it...

This my last post on these forums for good long time. Also last time log in Divinecross. Remember this game try not to get worked up about.

Divine I just hope you learned something from all this.

Ninja looting agree not great thing for someone do. But most all cases not so much griefing as it is someone wanting to get loot. You cannot just blame the "ninja looter" or funcom for saying okay. You most remember it is also the looter fault for letting the loot become FFA just releasing it.

Command you mentioned before might actually be good idea now considering seems like that most all content ingame now boiling down to uniques and loot.
    Oh shut up. You are simply Ninja trying to get some sympathy, well you ain't gonan get much of it.

BtW, check on ebay for new entries on high level NTs...he will probably soon be there.

yes there is another thread, but that oen didn't say send e-mails.

This one does... maybe i just go post there as well.

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm