Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training mobs

Two things for factual correction here...

#1 - Training mobs isn't an exploit at all. It's not considered an exploit by Customer Service. It is considered griefing/harrassment by Customer Service, as of a week or two ago.

Prior to that, training was not considered an offense at all, from everything I knew. I know for certain that it was tolerated by GMs in Camelot and other 25% zones as a battle tactic.

It could possibly be considered an exploit if you were using it to circumvent PvP restrictions (suppression gas or level brackets), but FC didn't say that. They just said it's harrassment. Note that this is still a fairly major reversal of previous Funcom policy; also note that it has not been officially announced in any way except in one thread in one forum. At very least it should be put in the launcher.

#2 - Cz isn't Customer Service. He is Customer Relations. The GMs who answer petitions and deal with complaint emails and answer questions about your account and so forth, are Customer Service. Cz doesn't make the rules.

He was, however, communicating the words of the Customer Service people who decide these things to us.

Trying to convince Cz himself to reverse a rule is pointless - he can't. You can, however, ask him to bring it up to Customer Service again - and he might even be convinced to do it if you ask intelligently and give some good reasons to support your argument.

Personally I would like to see it being reconsidered by Customer Service for one reason only... and that reason is that it's essentially impossible to prove, or for that matter to disprove, in many situations. You might be training mobs to kill people... you might also be running away from a bad pull and trying to save your own butt.

Even in a battle it's certainly possible for someone to aggro nearby mobs accidentally (look at the locations of some bases in PW, surrounded by level 190 cyborgs, for example).
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Ityn
    OMG this is almost as good as Jodocast's "enforcer is the nerfest profession in the game thread"

This must not leave the top for a while.

Its not my intent to keep this at the top for any length of time, I am already on the count to a million post. If you made the mistake of contributing to that one you will see why you do not want anything at the top too long.

(ps, please join the count to a million post so it can be over and done with. )
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Jynne
    Two things for factual correction here...

#1 - Training mobs isn't an exploit at all. It's not considered an exploit by Customer Service. It is considered griefing/harrassment by Customer Service, as of a week or two ago.

-------

Trying to convince Cz himself to reverse a rule is pointless - he can't. You can, however, ask him to bring it up to Customer Service again - and he might even be convinced to do it if you ask intelligently and give some good reasons to support your argument.
    #1 good point. And under the benefit of knowing that systems work better when everyone plays by the rules, I will play by the rules. (But, one should consider how these things become rules, and informing everyone they are wrong and going to be grief/harrassing to do something that makes logical sence, is not the best way to introduce rule changes)

#2 I could cry. Most people will break down and change their minds if the other person in the argument cries.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Animosity

#2 I could cry. Most people will break down and change their minds if the other person in the argument cries.

Ani.
    man, i hate it when people do that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12