Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add permadeath dungeon...

Add permadeath dungeon...

... so that all them bored level 200s have something to do. And the ones who are on the brink of cancelling, with their devil-may-care attitudes towards theis chars. And the ones who really really need something yet fancyer to brag about.

Such dungeon would surely warrant some mega-uber-super loot items, too... NODROPs, of course.

Somehow... I like that.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Who says lvl 200s are bored. I myself cant wait to get to 200. engange in PvP, help guildies out. Raids, tons of em. NO MORE MISSIONS! And i dont think that a lvl 200 would EVER even enter a "perma death dungeon" i know i wouldnt.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

hehe

"engange in PvP, help guildies out"

Will be fun for 1 hour then you dotn got a **** to do

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

*hailie enters 14.8 uber-perma-death dungeon*

*lags*

*rubberbands*

*divested, plundered, and pwned before she even knows it with 8000ping*
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

might be a nice idea if the game worked right, so that lag-based death weren't so common.

A char suffering perma-death, because you and your buddies screwed up... that can be dealt with.

Suffering perma-death, because you're sitting there at home, staring at the "server lost" screen, or some such sh** is just plain wrong.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

LOL

make it level 200 only and lable the entrance as "exit from AO"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Hmm sounds good

Something that only people who get to lvl 200 can do. Also, i would not suggest permadeath, but 1 - 7 day rez shock, res schock so bad you will be hunted by leets.

Reward - nudy armour? sex emotes? bunny ears?

No, i know reward - a referrence that says " you have offically wasted 2 years of your life playing this game. you really really need a life"
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: Add permadeath dungeon...

Originally posted by yankoo
    ... so that all them bored level 200s have something to do. And the ones who are on the brink of cancelling, with their devil-may-care attitudes towards theis chars. And the ones who really really need something yet fancyer to brag about.

Such dungeon would surely warrant some mega-uber-super loot items, too... NODROPs, of course.
    Operative Quo, you're a nutbar. Still, I think a spectator section for us non-uber types would be a great addition. I'll bring the popcorn
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Animosity
    Reward - nudy armour?
    LOL
    Toadman538 - 196 Soldier
    President of CAS

Originally posted by Yazule

make it level 200 only and lable the entrance as "exit from AO"

LMFAO

Playing hardcore in Diablo II has the same perma death and it adds significantly to the adreniline factor. It's quite fun but not for eveyone...still, I'd like to see the option. Whatever you get as loot, though, must be nodrop and have unique graphics so you can show off your bad-ass self. And, maybe if you die, you can still log onto your char, but only as a ghost who can chat and run around, but who cannot PvM, PvP, buy stuff, make stuff, use skills, etc.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Originally posted by Zanthyna
    Playing hardcore in Diablo II has the same perma death and it adds significantly to the adreniline factor. It's quite fun but not for eveyone...still, I'd like to see the option. Whatever you get as loot, though, must be nodrop and have unique graphics so you can show off your bad-ass self. And, maybe if you die, you can still log onto your char, but only as a ghost who can chat and run around, but who cannot PvM, PvP, buy stuff, make stuff, use skills, etc.
    thats a good idea, or the 7 day rez shock, hehe...nothing like dying in a backyard again

and make it colliseum style, like someone said, so you can peer down on the action from a safe place, like you can in the lab looking down at TIM
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

The people that posted about the game being too buggy for permadeath are correct. FC would never implement because they know how buggy their game is and that if someone lost a 200 char permanently to a bug, that they would permanently lose a revenue stream. Even if they lost the char in a fair fight, FC would probably lose the revenue stream.

However, there's nothing wrong with knocking off a few levels. That would give you the rush of real risk, and the risk worthy of cool booty. Plus, if a 200 got knocked back to 195 - then they'd have something to do for a while (get back to 200). It will be a little tricky having to prompt the player what to back the IP out of, but would be generally cool.

Originally posted by Alvador
    Who says lvl 200s are bored. I myself cant wait to get to 200. engange in PvP, help guildies out. Raids, tons of em. NO MORE MISSIONS! And i dont think that a lvl 200 would EVER even enter a "perma death dungeon" i know i wouldnt.
    Hum, level 200s says 200s are bored :/

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

You can already have 'permadeath' for anyone who WANTS it.

Just hit that 'delete' button on any character who's killed.

Oh, you don't really WANT to be killed forever?

make a dungeon that will ... transfer them to the backyard, as innocent level 1s again. And drop every single piece of loot they have on the ground without them being able to pick it up - slowly watching it all decay right then and there.

Of course I'm only kidding

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Hmm I'm 200 for MONTHS, I still have time short when Im in AO... want to do so much more...

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Talking

bah what about those of us who arent lvl200 but bored? dont we get to kill our chars too?

I think most of us under 200 are quite capable of killing our characters every single day, even when bored. Add a touch of stupidity, and you're in business!

Heck, that's what I do.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast