Thread: advice in PvP

advice in PvP

I'm a 75 NT and working on Ithaca. I have reasonable nanos like ol faithful and such. My implants are decent, not great, and my armor is nano type. I also managed to get nullity mk 1. What should I be doing to pvp well? Fights I've been in have gone very quickly, and poorly, I'd like to know what the "skills" are that people talk so much about. What should I buy, what abilities are best to focus on, anything would be nice to know.

Ql 150ish NCUs and a RRFE(soldier reflect sheild) - Essence - MoP MA crit buff) - Doc team hp if u can mange, that will make the fight last longer.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

In addition to the buffs mentioned above...

Fixer NCU buff for more buffs. You should be able to have like 350+ NCU total with this buff if you have high NCU, less by about 40-50ish if you use Computer Deck Range increaser for longrange nanos.

Coruscating screen (highest enforcer dmg shield, +240 energy AC, 60 dmg shield, 500ish HP) Combined with RRFE, gives a nasty 109 back every time you get hit, and a good boost to HP.

Dr Hack 'n Quack (or similar HOT), 365-pt Heal Over Time

Gridspace Freedom (or similar runbuff) +720 to runspeed and 70 or higher to evades I think? Great for tower fights - use a Computer Deck Range increaser to get 40-meter nukes, nuke the heck out of them at long range while rooting, and be able to run FAST if needed.

Personally I'd go X-3 instead of ithaca.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

And who says PvP's all about NCU's :P

Question ???

We hopefully not talk about Arena PVP here do we?

There was a long time since i havent been @ Arena, i heared MA's are Gimped anyway so why go there... But Arena Selfbuff doesnt Exist anymore? This Post looks like it... Get as many buff as u can so the fight will take longer... hmm Can u Explain u dont know

Thanx

Sin
    ´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨).
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ OMNI / KAZE
    .·(¸.·´´ ¸.·*`·-»

All those are good suggestions for a foundation. Situational awareness tho is key. Knowing who is around you and what the profession is able to do is a must. I would suggest making alts and experimenting with them so you know what each class is good/bad at so you know how to respond. There is no set armor/implant/buff scheme that will allow you to win in pvp unless it is in arena. Even then those schemes only work against certain classes. Dieing alot helps. It reinforces lessons like "memo to me, after targeting myself and using first aid retarget the solja shooting me before nuking".

Do not get close to a trader or somebody with a Queen Blade =P

If you have roots, at all, invest a few creds in a Computer Deck Range Increaser, which should make your roots go 40 meters, stopping MA's (like they need stopping anymore... poor MA's ), -maybe- enforcers (you can try, sometimes it works) and other melee classes...

Unless the trader has a range increaser -- the base range on drains are low I believe, so the % increase may not hit 40 meters, but a long-range drainer.. that'd be hell on RK... I don't think I've encountered one on the battlefield to date, but it could be an interesting experience.

So, to answer dave sort of... yes, be aware of what's around you and never go into a situation blind. Concealment is always nice for checking out the opposition
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Re: ???

Originally posted by Sinvar
    We hopefully not talk about Arena PVP here do we?

There was a long time since i havent been @ Arena, i heared MA's are Gimped anyway so why go there... But Arena Selfbuff doesnt Exist anymore? This Post looks like it... Get as many buff as u can so the fight will take longer... hmm Can u Explain u dont know

Thanx

Sin
    PvP self buffed is pointless now. Towers basicly are like buffs with a long duration provding it dosnt get destroyed. Org/Towers unbalence self buffed pvp even more now then before because not everyone is in an org with all advantages and personal towers ect.

That makes the self buffed fight unfair and dont people say lets have a fair self buffed fight, but its not if ur not in the same org or smaller org or even none.

Re: advice in PvP

Originally posted by 23
    I'm a 75 NT and working on Ithaca.
    Ithaca is imo a good PvP gun for several reasons. 1. You can maintain or get very close to 1/1 on full def. 2. AS cycles alot faster and is now argueably the best special ingame (been noticing AS nerf threads springing up). 3. An additional Fling every now and then can't hurt.

my armor is nano type.

I'd recommend going with Biomech over Nanoarmor 9 times out of 10. Considering that youre maxing stamina for the MC, its by far a much better armor even when not considering the extra treatment and first aid.

I'd like to know what the "skills" are that people talk so much about. What should I buy, what abilities are best to focus on, anything would be nice to know.
    Evades are important, if not the most important skill to have in PvP (especially since your going ithaca). Blinds are effective to disorient your opponent but wont be the end all be all until you can cast legions of eyeblighter (AoE blind). 1v1 duels are really hard to win as an NT. IMO I enjoy PvPing most when in tower battles or Camelot raids. When in range of an individual target and behind a few large tanks, I'll AS, Fling, Nuke, Root, Nuke, Root till they are dead or have 'runnoft.' Or try to /assist a large mass of HP...er enforcer. In tower battles, if the gas is at 25%, or while in Camelot, letting lose with some AOE's in crowded areas is always entertaining. I've only started PvPing regularly a month or so ago so I'm still learning the ins and outs.

Good luck with it all!
    Last edited by Goode; Jan 18th, 2003 at 18:59:45.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor