Thread: Nerf Ncu Belt Equip/unequip Time

Nerf Ncu Belt Equip/unequip Time

PLEASE!
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Best watch out, Shifty, or they'll interpret and we'll wind up with 10 minute equips.

But seriously, drop belt times to the same as NCU times - is there really some exploit you're preventing with the long times?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

The long equip on NCU belts DOES have a reson, as do the fact that you now have to unequip all the NCU's befor you can change the belt.

What it does is Stopping low lvl Trader Twink's from getting Totaly buff, and then Cast the High Temp Comp. lit buff...
    They can still do this for the NCU's but not for the belt.

Same goes for high lvl traders, its to prevent the buff from being a equiping buff, rather then a "shopping buff" as it was intended to be.

So keep it as it is, how often do you change belt enyways?
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

lol

thats what you think, ill let you in on a secret:

You delete the belt and you can suddely get on a super high belt anyway and rich people(as me =P) dont care about soem crappy shop belt.

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

just as long as they dont put it back to how it was before IPR came around (faster belt equip times and god awful long ncu equip times)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

lol

yeah

As long as it doesnt got with exploiting to do I think it should be alot faster equipping the belt AND the ncu

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Re: lol

Originally posted by Ubbis

You delete the belt and you can suddely get on a super high belt anyway and rich people(as me =P) dont care about soem crappy shop belt.
    So in other words, YOU'RE the one ruining it for everyone!

Oh well, such a small thing after all...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Alternately, the trader can acquire a fixer NCU buff, run their CL buff, and then they can equip a new belt completely legitimately, without the delete-belt trick.

If FC doesn't want traders doing this, then they need to fix it. But there's no reason the rest of us should be suffering 1+ minute waits just because FC thinks it fixed something we all know traders can do.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Ubbis

Originally posted by Genevra
    An exploit is a bug that grants a user an unnatural or an unintended benefit in the game for a character of their profession and level.
    Originally posted by Genevra
    Also, remember that exploiting and/or sharing of exploit-information might lead to the suspension of your account, banning and/or deleting of characters/items/credits.
    Not tooo bright to actualy say outloud something like that on here Ubbis. tsk tsk...

Kiryat-Dharin, thats only correct for those who can selfcast the buff, So it would not work for a Twink, or some 1 who needs to Drain to cast it. Ofcouse this is only a problem at Lower lvl's as equiping a 6k-x belt is not realy a problem on, well... eny lvl 50+ char...
    Last edited by Sarv; Jan 16th, 2003 at 09:25:04.

origionaly posted bu Sarv
    What it does is Stopping low lvl Trader Twink's from getting Totaly buff, and then Cast the High Temp Comp. lit buff...
    They can still do this for the NCU's but not for the belt.

Same goes for high lvl traders, its to prevent the buff from being a equiping buff, rather then a "shopping buff" as it was intended to be.
    Actually you’re wrong here. As you only need the trader buff to be active when you click the belt to up-load it. The buff can drop off before the belt equips and it makes no difference. Same with the ncu’s. It just means you have to cast it 7 times and burn through a bunch of nano packs to equip your 6 slot belt and ql139 ncu’s on your lvl 50 agent.

Tiggy

Hehe, for the NCU, yes, you can... but for the belt you cant unequip all you NCU, unequip the old belt, and hit the new belt in time for it to equip...

If you look at it...

70s to equip or unequip a NCU belt.
    10s equip time for a NCU mem.

Nano lasts 1min...

so.. to cast it you need to have atleast 1 NCU in...
    meaning, to fist unequip 1 NCU and the belt takes 80s and the nano lasts 60s.

so it do not work...

What you are thinking of there was possible some patches ago, but not now. This was fixed to make the buff only work as what it was intended for.

Nano Crystal (Bulk Trader)
    "Briefly increases the trader's Computer Literacy skill by 160 points in an attempt to gain discounts at shops."

Only way it would work is if you have 5 NCU's or less in...
    exploit!!!
    And work damn hell fast.

Or ofcouse do it with the Fixer NCU buff... but that still means you have to be abel to selfcast the thing, Virtualy unbuffed witch defeats low lvl traders doing this...
    Last edited by Sarv; Jan 16th, 2003 at 20:20:19.