Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Abbadon Chassis is NOT uber.

You are forgetting what items you CAN use with this...

http://www.aodb.info/socialarmor.asp

Charred Abaddon Chassis: Offense/Defense/Skill
    Mirror Mask of Ljotur
    Unbecoming Sleeves of Ljotur x2
    Rust-pitted Ring x2 (Assuming you've been around for a while)
    Modify Wearer EnergyAC 6827
    Modify Wearer ProjectileAC 7129
    Modify Wearer FireAC 8211
    Modify Wearer MeleeAC 7660
    Modify Wearer ChemicalAC 7198
    Modify Wearer RadiationAC 6765
    Modify Wearer PoisonAC 7217
    Modify Wearer ColdAC 6296

Modify Wearer AddAllOff 100
    Modify Wearer AddAllDef 15

Modify Wearer MaxNCU 30
    Modify Wearer MaxHealth 1213
    Modify Wearer MaxNanoEnergy 81

Modify Wearer NanoResist 55
    Modify Wearer XPModifier 4%

Modify Wearer MeleeDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer EnergyDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer ProjectileDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer FireDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer ColdDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer ChemicalDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer PoisonDamageModifier 27
    Modify Wearer RadiationDamageModifier 27

Modify Wearer MaxReflectedProjectileAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedEnergyAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedMeleeAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedFireAC 76
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedColdAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedChemicalAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedPoisonAC 58
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedRadiationAC 58

Modify Wearer ReflectMeleeAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectProjectileAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectEnergyAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectFireAC 4%
    Modify Wearer ReflectColdAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectChemicalAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectPoisonAC 2%
    Modify Wearer ReflectRadiationAC 2%

Modify Wearer HeavyWeapons 10
    Modify Wearer Rifle -6
    Modify Wearer AssaultRifle 10
    Modify Wearer Shotgun 10
    Modify Wearer Pistol 10
    Modify Wearer Grenade 10
    Modify Wearer Burst 10
    Modify Wearer FullAuto 10
    Modify Wearer FlingShot 10
    Modify Wearer RangedEnergy 10
    Modify Wearer AimedShot 14
    Modify Wearer RangedInit. 34

Modify Wearer Stamina -5
    Modify Wearer Strength 5
    Modify Wearer FirstAid -5
    Modify Wearer MapNavigation 4
    Modify Wearer Perception -8

ModifyResistance Wearer View Strain 294 52%
    ModifyResistance Wearer View Strain 295 52%

Yeah... that sux0rz

-Jayde

OMG! you're right! a little bit more AC and hp's from those items does make it UBER!

Every time someone calls this suit uber you add fuel to the arguements of people who will try to block our attempts at fixes and future luvin.

We'd like a reload button, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like to be able to outdamage fixers, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like to have a chance against doctors in pvp, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like our buffs revamped, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like the reload bugs fixed, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like weapons like the nophex to be more obtainable, can't have that tho- the suits uber.

I may be paranoid (heck I know I am), but these arguments will be used in the near future. Bleh, I suppose this thread was futile either way, it'll happen no matter what we say.

meh
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Jayde
    Yeah... that sux0rz

-Jayde
    oh... and having never once said that the suit sucks I assume you put that sarcastic little bit in there for emphasis? Do you always misenterpret what others say in an attempt at bolstering your arguments?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni
    OMG! you're right! a little bit more AC and hp's from those items does make it UBER!

Every time someone calls this suit uber you add fuel to the arguements of people who will try to block our attempts at fixes and future luvin.

We'd like a reload button, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like to be able to outdamage fixers, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like to have a chance against doctors in pvp, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like our buffs revamped, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like the reload bugs fixed, can't have that tho- the suits uber.
    We'd like weapons like the nophex to be more obtainable, can't have that tho- the suits uber.

I may be paranoid (heck I know I am), but these arguments will be used in the near future. Bleh, I suppose this thread was futile either way, it'll happen no matter what we say.

meh
    A LITTLE bit more ACs??? 8211 hi AC with NO BUFFS? lol Yeah...that's a "little" bit... 7129 Projectile AC is huge...most of the popular weapons in the game are 1-x (like the Manex, for instance) that would have their damahe chopped down massively by this--in addition to the added reflect which takes it down even more. 440 HP isn't exactly "little" either...

Basically, it totally eats away at your claims that this armor is worse than existing gear. I severely beg to differ. It is not worse than existing gear.

1) Everyone wants a reload button, Soliders aren't the only ones with clips in the game
    2) You already outdamage Fixers unless you're gimped
    3) Yeah, so would everyone
    4) Yeah, so would everyone
    5) Yeah, so would everyone
    6) Nophex sucks anyway, don't bother. (I'm serious, too.) Div 9 is one of the best ranged weapons in the game. Hellspinner/fury is the best ranged weapon in the game. Don't sweat the Nophex. Heh...

The bottom line is, everything you mentioned are normal gameplay flaws that should get fixed no matter what. Somehow I doubt the inclusion of armor--sucky or not--will change this. (Not to mention a lot of them affect multiple professions across the board, not just Soldiers.)

You don't need to whine about how it's not "uber" because it IS uber. Be happy that it's uber. If you don't want an uber item, I'm sure many of the other profs wouldn't mind it.

Folks complaining about other balancing issues with the wrong thing in mind is a totally seperate issue. There is really no need to mix up a perfectly uber piece of gear in your crusade to attempt to shut down profession envy. ('cause it's not really gonna happen.)

In reply to your last post, I only assume you really are taking yourself so seriously that you have misplaced your sense of humor. My arguments are bolstered by the stats I posted--which are pretty damn good stats.

I posted those stats because you were misrepresenting the potential of this suit--doing it based on no extra items at all. The Ljotur items and Rust-Pitted rings really push it over the edge in terms of being a really, really nice suit of armor. Not because I have any deep-seeded Solider-Hate. In fact, if you did your research on my posting history, you'd know that I'm a big proponant of Solider fixes and improvements--which is exactly why I think this piece of armor is a step in the right direction.

-Jayde

i think its only that über is such a strong word.

if you said good or very good it would have been ok.

i for one look forward to this suit because i always wanted to wear a battlesuit without being ridiculed for the gimp i was then.

if it is comparatively easy to get this suit then it is an excellent piece of equipment.

it is soldier only, you can customize it and for the unwashed masses that do NOT have the combo of great items the buffs are nice as well.

however i see the other side as well...

apart from the availability of the cards and the suit itself:

flight or running everywhere from now on? if its running the suit is exactly what it is tagged as - social armor to impress n00bs in town.

great ac does not mean much when you get hit for minimum damage anyway. people pointing at it and saying but you got super armor will likely forget this as well as that the reflect issue.

again, i am looking forward to it - if i can get one i will try to.

*edit: sigh only 60 more levels to go :P*
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 17th, 2003 at 07:05:02.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Its uber, without a doubt.
    Uber = much-much better than any alternative.

And all that AC for high-lvl soldiers, who dont need it anyway with they TMS... I dont understand FC logic at all.

Frankly, i dont understand many of recent item additions at all. They all unbalancing - EQB, PoP, new shotgun, that armour... They just love to make uber items class-only. Bad behavior....

heh read somewhere about the +hp.

If you are solitus, breed capped you have to give up that shining life chest imp to self equip it.

At fist i was like "OMG, UBER", then i started to really look at it and compare it to the other stuff thats out there.
    Im not gonna wear this, there are so many better options out there.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

i have read your thread upon the agent armor as well

Originally posted by Chromatorg
    Its uber, without a doubt.
    Uber = much-much better than any alternative.

And all that AC for high-lvl soldiers, who dont need it anyway with they TMS... I dont understand FC logic at all.

Frankly, i dont understand many of recent item additions at all. They all unbalancing - EQB, PoP, new shotgun, that armour... They just love to make uber items class-only. Bad behavior....
    and you stated that this thing was über there as well.

as a native german i am familiar with the term and it simply is not fitting for this armor. it turned into a vogue thing to say über for anything good but über means top of the line - the best.

you might wish to check out the threads in the soldier board for detailed listings of how a high level character investing some time and cash into his character can hunt down / buy items surpassing this suit and come back again.

furthermore please enlighten me where apart from uniques will the additional mad ac the abaddon gives make a difference?

one more thing:
    last time i checked pop and qb were not class restricted. when did that change? you see i would be in favor of these things being restricted....

you see, profession specific items are atm the easiest solution to return any sort of balance into the game.

you might disagree with it but tell me how else you want to balance a class and skill and level system mixed into one?

to ensure that every class remains viable they need a purpose, a function, niche however you will call it.

not only in pvp duels where arguably most of the nerf threads and flames are based upon but in pvm and lag scale - sorry large scale - battles as well. not to forget every class needs a certain "cool" factor that draws players to select it like: phat looking gear, adventurer morphs - things to set them apart.

one of the main problems of the soldier profession was some time ago that everybody used a nova and there was no soldier only weapon.
    nowadays everybody (well not everybody but alot of people) uses an x3.
    how does that make you feel as agent when you see nts, metas, crats, traders run around with YOUR gun doing almost as good as you?
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 17th, 2003 at 11:25:49.

gone now. byebye.

Gimpy soldier AC

Projectile AC:
    -------------------------------------
    Battlesuit::.....................6200
    Advanced Tertius Head Skinchip....700 (I think Ljotur Mirror Mast might be better here, adds like another 300 to ACs)
    2xUnbecoming Sleeves of Ljotur....796
    Heavy Assault Absorption Shield...530
    Phalanx...........................350
    ql 200 Solar Turret...............400
    -------------------------------------
    = ~ 9000 AC (9300ish)

I don't think there will be any questions who will be doing tanking on uniques once this baby is out.

Basicly, what I understood taht 5000 AC reduces hits by around 500, so 9000+ AC should reduce hits by extra 400.That would mean 900ish damage reduced instead of 500ish. I think that is even more then your 7% reflect bracer would achieve. I am not 100% sure if it works this way tho...Lick of the Pest at least works the other way around....never had over 5.5K AC myself.
    Last edited by North; Jan 17th, 2003 at 12:14:46.

natch you found the tiny flaw in my argument

i think i said:

where apart from tanking uniques does it matter?

i do not argue that a soldier is not bad at all at a unique. a nice alpha for the ones where damage is important and good tanking ability for the ones where its not.

*edit: hold on... can you wear that stuff with the suit?

it is social armor after all i think you cannot even equip shades with it but i leave that one to the experts*

gone now. byebye.

Again and again AC's over 4k mean ****, especially on Uniques!, they have a really high min damage already and even then probably still hit you the same.

Its a nice change its not "uber" and its not going to be used by every soldier, hell its probably going to be rock solid to get, as with the new sol weapons. You may say that it looks the best etc etc, if you added every stat of my armour up and posted it as a single armour it would then too, maybe you just need to actually see things ingame rather than assuming from your DB its how it says it is (i.e. AC means ****)
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Also like to add be nice see your implants suffer immensely after equipping it, because your going to have to use Stamina implants (unless your trox might escape with it) or temp implants, meaning some of your implants will be a lower ql, because can't use a medisuit to get the treatment req.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I never use my yalm so I don't mind that part.

Thyrra - suit also has super eqp time.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Blackwing, my reply was not targeted on your post in anyway. I am only clad that soldiers will get better at tanking.

Originally posted by Sredni

Look, regardless of whether it's uber or not uber or whatever, once it's out and some soldiers are using it, the people who want things for their profession are still going to use it as a example of something soldiers got when their class got nothing, it's just human nature, and trying to head those kinds of posts off now may be a bit premature.

But let's ALL get behind some sort of reload button campaign. THAT would be uber for many players and might make some of the borderline low clip weapons usable, surely a good thing.

Just an FYI

I wasn't comparing it to GA state wise, I was comparing it to what fixers go through that now soldiers may. Fixers who put on GA are uber, but there are many negatives, not unwhich the first one is loosing anything that doesn't have a social armor tag on it. They have to make several sacrifices, not to mention the money they have to pay out.

This isn't as good as GA, but like the fixers, the soldiers now have an armor that is uber in it's own right, yet comes with many negatives.

EDIT: I consider myself the soldiers voice on test, and more then once I have talked to Devs and GM's about you guys. The last time I talked to one, no naming names, he said there wasn't anything in the works for soldiers. That was a couple months ago. I would say this is evidence that he was listening and I hope more improvements come out.

If anything, as I consider myself a fixer above all else, having very good armor does NOT mean you don't still need fixes. I hope the devs see this, and remember when GA came out.. all it did was ungimp (in terms of protection) those few who could get it. But as a class it did not help all that much. We still had crapy dmg, buffs, skills, and a crapy reason to be.

Soldiers still need fixed, as do NT's and Engi's. Dont' forget about them. We know the NT patch is on it's way fairly soon, I personally also know of a fix for Engi's although I really cant speak of it. I think soldier love needs to be a priority, and I hope this new armor is evidence that it is.
    Last edited by Fion; Jan 17th, 2003 at 17:02:07.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

My definition of uber is the best of the best. Grid armor could fall into this catagory, eqb, the manex, augmented hellspinners, ect.

There are some items and abilities that are uber in very limited ways. TMS if you only have to tank 1:20, area nuking if your attacking large crowds, situational things.

Considering you can gather other armors that give better bonus's with the exception of AC's I don't consider this uber.

I've been listening to people complain about AC's being meaningless over 4k ever since I started the game. Which is why AC's are about the last thing you think about when figuring out your armor scheme. And the AC's on this thing seem to be the reason some of you are labeling this thing uber. I would agree with you IF AC'S MEANT ANYTHING PAST A CERTAIN POINT.

If AC meant anything nobody would wear decranum armor.

meh, it doesn't matter I guess. The hoards of uber criers are already out.

I'd like to make a last comparison here tho... if this suit is uber because it has tons of AC (even tho AC's are meaningless past a certain point). Then is the Nord Armwerks MAX uber because it's about the fastest gun on rubika (even tho speed is capped at 1/1)? Just curious.

by HH Munro

High ACs do mean a lot...

First off:
    Div 9: 1-x
    Manex: 1-x
    MCS: 1-x

All very popular weapons, all with a 1 point base damage. With 1200 attack rating, a Div 9 will do 4-1840 (2840), meaning you need 18,000 AC to min damage a high-hit.

A high-level Solider with 1200 attack rating does 804-1772 (2172) with a Hellspinner, roughly. Meaning one needs Over 9000 AC to min-damage it on a high hit... Even more to chop a crit down.

A high-level Enforcer with 1300 attack rating does 2631-5878 (6158) with an EQB. Meaning one needs 32 THOUSAND AC to min damage it on a high hit.

Yes, in PvM ACs don't much matter... In PvP, however...it's a totally different situation. The higher your AC the better, hands-down.

-Jayde

Originally posted by Jayde
    High ACs do mean a lot...

First off:
    Div 9: 1-x
    Manex: 1-x
    MCS: 1-x

All very popular weapons, all with a 1 point base damage. With 1200 attack rating, a Div 9 will do 4-1840 (2840), meaning you need 18,000 AC to min damage a high-hit.

A high-level Solider with 1200 attack rating does 804-1772 (2172) with a Hellspinner, roughly. Meaning one needs Over 9000 AC to min-damage it on a high hit... Even more to chop a crit down.

A high-level Enforcer with 1300 attack rating does 2631-5878 (6158) with an EQB. Meaning one needs 32 THOUSAND AC to min damage it on a high hit.

Yes, in PvM ACs don't much matter... In PvP, however...it's a totally different situation. The higher your AC the better, hands-down.

-Jayde
    Christ! ;P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

The suit gives 2% reflect, not 18% or whatever it was someone in the thread claimed. It gives 18 max reflect damage, that is a completely different stat, and does something completely different.

My bracers currently gives 7% and 21 in those 2 stats respectively, and can *NOT* be worn with this suit, so I loose reflect.

You can not wear rings with the suit, so that means you loose 5% xp bonus with the suit vs. wearing a 7% IQ ring.

And I could go on and on about other things you loose..

Jayde posted what is more or less the ideal, maxed out setup with this armor. The only noteable benefits over using "normal" armor would be 2-3K ac and a little attack rating. For all other areas it comes out weaker.

I don't have time to put up a full listing like Jayde did here, but assuming something like:

Sentinel/Omni AF/Azure helmet
    Sentinel/Omni AF/Azure/Dragon/Kirch vest chest
    Sentinel/Omni AF/Dragon pants
    Azure/Mk II gloves
    Albrecht/Notum tank/RB
    Any mix of fractured sanity/+damage/+hp rings
    Kaehler sleeves or Omni AF sleeves
    Quest 3 pads/Eggs/GoC/GoS
    Full TL6 bracer set

Then the list of mods would include a lot more health, a lot more NCU, runspeed, evades, various skill buffs (and not just attack rating), a lot of nano etc.

And of course the ability to fly on top of that..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast