Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Umm this wasn't about synergy or our base in efp.. we didn't even want it back after we lost it due to it's small size. And I wasn't even aware you were responsible for it seeing as how we were attacked by like 6 orgs at once.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

My point was that legion was there for you. They might not attack us, but atleast they defend other bases and help in attacks elsewhere.

That defense was the whole reason we got LC and 2 other guilds into the picture.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

No doubt legion helped us out more than once with our base and we'd have lost it way before then without them.

Although the synergy factor + legion alliance is not that noticable really when it comes to attacking and destroying bases in general, if more orgs decided to have their little alliances between them then it gets really messy when it comes to coordinating attacks and picking targets to hit. I don't really agree with the way Rolled posted the thread, but his intention was to prevent all these sort of alliances so that we don't have to go through alot of politics when it comes to deciding on a target.

Btw.. if any of my members behaves in this way you should tell me. I don't tolerate that kind of thing either but I can't do anything if I don't know about it. I heard rumors later on after the base was destroyed that fyksar's action was somehow responsible for the attack, but had nothing to go on from there.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Would you feel inclined to attack an organization that spent a few hours helping you camp a unique boss? Would you feel inclined to attack an organization that has people you hang out and socialize with on IRC? Would you feel inclined to attack an organization that you've tested weapons and strategy with in the arena?
    We simply respect each other too much to destroy each others' bases.
    I sorta stopped reading the thread past this point. I'm not an RP'er, though I come from a long history of mmorpg's and hldm/cs/tfc.. and the above explanation just doesn't stick.

I don't really care about any deals or whatever, that stuff is up to you.. it's a game, do whatever you want - but personally, I wouldn't care if the guy was my best friend in RL.. I'd still attack his towers if he was on the opposing side, and I'd expect him to do the same to me. This has absolutely nothing to do with role-playing, at all. It's just a matter of me being on one side, him being on the other.. and the both of us having fun playing the game. Believe me, I used to do this with friends I'd known for years when I played AC - Darktide was hell. We'd fight, win, die, and then go laugh about it on IRC. Same thing with DAoC. Some people are not capable of this, I know.. some people can't stand friends actually fighting them, even if it is just for fun. If that is you guys, then hey.. I'm not one to pass judgement.

As far as respect goes, if simply playing NW and attacking opposing factions means that you can't respect said factions on the same level as you could by making some deal.. well again, I'm not going to judga ya - but realize that it's just a game. What's the point of making deals like this in the name of friendship and respect when it doesn't really mean anything besides playing the game and having fun?

Bionitrous -

There are consequences to actions that may last for 3 more years. It's not like 'ok, let's have a good battle wednesday, may the best team win' and then Thursday it's all over. People lose bases, factions lose experience, one side gets stronger and the other side starts to suck. In two months Omni may or may not be down to only 4% XP bonus. This isn't Team Fortress Classic. People are paying money for this. 13 bucks a month. Your side loses all their towers and the game is less fun to play.
    Yeah, there are consequences.. none of which last for anywhere near three years. People lose bases, and generally have a new one up before the week is up. Factions lose experience, and get it back before the week is up. One side gets stronger, the other side gets stronger, it just goes back and forth. In two months Omni may be down to a 4% xp bonus, and two months later clan may be down to a 4% xp bonus. People lose towers, oh well, they can get new ones. You spend the money knowing full well that the tower you place may go down at any time. None of this is very permanent, and none of this is anything that should ruin an out of game relationship with people who play on the opposing side.

That's just imho.

laters

Originally posted by Rebbeca
    Btw.. if any of my members behaves in this way you should tell me. I don't tolerate that kind of thing either but I can't do anything if I don't know about it. I heard rumors later on after the base was destroyed that fyksar's action was somehow responsible for the attack, but had nothing to go on from there.
    I immediately discussed the Fyksar issue with a member of RHD who pointed me in Rolled's direction, the ranking member who was online at the time.

After Rolled's investigation, he was blatantly lied to by his guild members saying we had done wrong and not Fyksar, even though none of your guildmembers were even present to see what Fyksar was doing to us. While he handled the situation with some professionalism which I respect, the rest of the guild didn't help by covering up for your killstealing member.

I understand its easier to take your guild member's word over that of someone in the opposing faction. And when you're lied to, I don't expect you to be able to tell. It was just a stupid situation which I hope won't happen again.

Regards,

Originally posted by gwend
    id take azure over our base

pwned?
    I heard that.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

YES! take down Gwends towers!
    Fluff Molgan Fluffyfluff eqp
    Mglomk2
    Synergy Factor

....have been horribly brainwashed by the prospect of being uber into camping NPCs until their peepee's shrivel (c) Naraya

I realy dont care who has agreement with who. I myself have more omni friends then i have clan friends outside of my guild. And all of them understand its just a game. I debuff my friends with same debuff i dot them wiht same dots i would dot anyone esle. They aalso kill me or debuff me but its just a game. No hard feelings.

But if clans will go for Renesance base i wount be there why should i go and attack a guild half of which are on my friend list.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

The fact is alot rides on the bonuses derived from towers. We will fight eachother to stop them being taken away from other people. But we will not fight to take them away from eachother.

All the ppl moaning about how it isnt rp... you dont rp very deep do you? You play in shades of black and white but if you were to rp political intrigue etc youd go alot deeper. Im not saying this is RP from my standpoint its just not taking aaway a friends 40 ma brawl dimach and riposte. If you want to go there and take their bonus away by destroying their tower go ahead but the only place you can expect me to be is at your towers killing my friends when they strike back... dont expect me to attack them.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

What is the greater evil.

Taken from the MoK public forum...

The way things stand now, in order not to expose our own base, we will only help guilds that have made previous arrangements with us defend their bases. These guilds are:

Band of Brothers

If any other omni guilds come under attack (with the obvioius exception of our own base) you are NOT to engage the enemy!

As per attacking other bases:

DO NOT attack another org's base unless you have approval from one of these people!:

*snipped list of people*

ENDQUOTE

So what is the greater evil here. Legion not being allowed to attack SF or MoK ONLY being allowed to defend BoB?

Well I for one wont help defend MoK if they wont defend me.

Also how many times have we heard "Sorry MoK is not allowed to attack any towers at this time" up until the last month when MoK finally decided to do some attacking.

Well make up your own mind, i have made up mine.

Hmmm

Legion isnt an obey orders guild so I would think alot of people will opt out of defending MoK now after this little revelation. I have a few friends in MoK and id hate to see them lose their towers but with their standpoint as this I dont see how I can defend them without condoning their leaders selfishness .
    Last edited by TanisAS; Jan 15th, 2003 at 12:21:51.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.....Sums up my repy.

Originally posted by Julia
    I realy dont care who has agreement with who. I myself have more omni friends then i have clan friends outside of my guild. And all of them understand its just a game. I debuff my friends with same debuff i dot them wiht same dots i would dot anyone esle. They aalso kill me or debuff me but its just a game. No hard feelings.

But if clans will go for Renesance base i wount be there why should i go and attack a guild half of which are on my friend list.
    (edit:shhhhhhhhhh) R-E-N-A-I-S-S-A-N-C-E

If clan attack us Pomy, I expect you to be there, who else will counter my plunders
    ..just as I expect Legion members to help if we should attack some SF towers. Making these deals, RP'ing or not, is just lame IMO. You say you have friends in SF ?...fine, but you are backstabbing your omni friends. At least thats how I personally see it.
    I agree with the orginal poster, and I can also say that Renaissance does not have any deals with any clan guild.

What MoK is doing I have no clue about. Maybe someone from MoK could enlighten us.
    Last edited by OddLogic; Jan 15th, 2003 at 15:41:01.

Not your biggest problem....

Wel I must say I can almost sympathise with this kind of deal. After all, each guild is not just part of a faction - it is the sum of their members, their viewpoints and often their own personal politics. If there is a guild you don't want to fight because of who they are - friends or whatever, then nobody should be putting on the guilt trips to force you to.

However, this isn't even close to the scummier deals and guild activities. You don't want to be worried about the guilds who stick to their side, but may make the odd shady deal - you want to be angry at the guilds who play both sides for fools.

Take the White Knights - Omni, and the White Knights - Clan. Sound similar? It is cos they are run by the same people. Claim to be working for peace, how can they have trust and respect with this kind of setup. I have no respect for guilds who seek to be Every faction. You choose your line - you even choose to be neutral if you can't choose, but if you choose one or the other you stick to it. Scum.
    Leader, The Enclave - a Rebel SWG Guild
    "Freedom through the force"

I seem to remember som MOK'ers showing up last week when Storm attacked our base, something musta changed.

I wanna hear more about this MoK <-> BoB deal. Last night virtually every Legion member was helping to defend both BoB in the north and Renaissance in the south.

I can partially understand why MoK have decided to take us out of their "protection" racket, but why Renaissance? Was it because Renaissance "had" to stay at their base and not help to defend BoB? (despite the fact that Renaissance even managed to repel a force that was twice as many as themselves). The fact that Legion and Renaissance have been removed from their "list" makes a mockery of the fact that Argulace was pushing about both Legion and Renaissance forces in order to defend the BoB and Ren bases last night. When the crunch finally came at the BoB base there must have been no more than 20 or so people remaining to defend, and out of those 20 people, about 10 were BoB members standing next to the CT that never moved, while the other forces there (including myself), where trying to stop the attackers from taking your towers.

The reason that people left? Because the people that own the base have to take some kind of responsiblity for actually defending their base, and by the time the attackers reached the CT (and I died and crashed for the final time), there were probably only 5 or 6 people that were actively engaging the enemy, rather than just standing at the CT hoping that the attackers would come in range. I'm sure that if you spoke to Hajk, Ainur, Coldstrike, Azz/Nuubi, Tortureyou, etc, they will back this fact up, and the fact that many of the people that entered their line of fire throughout all the fights last night were Legion people.

Both Legion and Renaissance have helped to defend MoK and BoB on countless occasions, and at one time over Xmas, Legion's office was almost moved to the BoB base in North CAV.

Legion have always done their best to try and defend ANY OT guild. Legion have also been at the forefront of many attacks on clan bases. Sheffy and co have all been very honest with you, and have not tried to hide anything. We have and will run to the ends of RK1 to help defend, but we are not just their to be ordered about, then left out in the cold. As Tanis has mentioned, there are some great people in MoK, and I'd hate to see something either related to last night, or relating to this thread create such tensions as to divide OT even further.

I think that Argulace has some pretty heavy explaining to do.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

OMG Oddy its Renaissance

Okay .. My motivations have been questioned and I will respond to that.

Call what I did political Alpha Spunging.

Thoose who know me know I do what I do so that we (OT) wins. Every dragon raid I am at I work towards that goal. This usually involves either running the box or alpha spunging by charging in the box 10 seconds before the rest of OT goes in. Every raid I am at I work towards that goal.

Now I know I am going to take alot of heat about this posting and unfortunately so will the organization I am in. But I did it because I am on the side that is outnumbered. We do not stand any chance of victory if we (OT) start making side deals where some of us sit out fights cause they are friends.

My motivations are victory for my side. Simply put .. I play to win.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Originally posted by Rolller
    But I did it because I am on the side that is outnumbered. We do not stand any chance of victory if we (OT) start making side deals where some of us sit out fights cause they are friends.
    There's a difference between being outnumbered, and outsmarted. Perhaps it would have been smart to have thought through the possible outcomes prior to making posts that have damaged OT more than a simple pact or two.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Originally posted by Poweredge :: Powervault

There's a difference between being outnumbered, and outsmarted. Perhaps it would have been smart to have thought through the possible outcomes prior to making posts that have damaged OT more than a simple pact or two.
    pwned

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast