Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Originally posted by Keldrys
    Since everyone is throwing theories around, I figured I'd settle this with the facts. No, Legion and SF won't hit each other's bases, but it goes faaaaar beyond that....

At battles not involving Legion and SF bases, members of each side are required to seek each other out and pair up. The Legion member is then required to give the SF member a ritualistically sacrificed leet, and the SF member must give the Legion member a ritualistically sacrificed reet. The two then don the carcasses as headresses and circle each other doing the /chicken. Finally, the ritual concludes by flinging the carcass at the nearest non-Legion/SF person.

Unfortunately, we're required to do this every 10 minutes, so in a long battle I get really tired (and requires us to carry bags of leets/reets! I need the feckin inventory space for my uber MA attacks!). But that's an issue between me and the advisors...

So there, it's not all fun and games for us. Some Legion members hate this policy and hate doing the /chicken.
    Aha! So that is what I saw Georg doing with Gwend. And here I thought it was just a really kinky expression of their undying affection for each other.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

What a mess this thread has become.

I didn't mean to flame Legion. I have some friends in Legion. Re-read the orginal post and notice no organization was mentioned.

I could spend time re-explaining where the problem lies with making deals with the other side but no one really reads posts. Some one will just quote me and post some nonsence about how I want stuff that I shouldn't expect or how it's just a game....

Anyways. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew deals are being made. I am done with this thread now.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

The only thing I don't get about agreements like this, I came from a CTF/TF background, lot of different FPS games but all in essence CTF or TF, and I had tons of friends in other clans and we'd fight eachother all the time on pubs and in matches for rankings. Some of the people in these other clans were RL friends, we'd go golfing and do barbeques and pool parties, then when we got on line compete for each others rankings. On the flip side there were punk orgs that we loved to beat down shamlessly, but those games were never as much fun, everyone was always so tense.

It's a game.

But for some really strange reason, people seem to think that playing the game itself isn't really fun, and that you can't fight in game and still be pals and shoot the breeze about other stuff on the side. I don't really understand this ethic, I think you can fight eachother in game, and still be pals, in fact maybe it's easier to respect eachother if you do.

It is also game imballancing, if you always have one attacker, esp a large guild, on the sidelines, then you give the defender a solid advantage that they really do not deserve. It reminds me of a lot of things I didn't like about some pub CTF servers, when one team was stronger, often times many would switch to the strong team. If the teams had even numbers, but the skill level of the players were badly imballanced, I'd always switch to the losing team just to ****e things up, and often a few of the weaker players would think that was the chance for them to get the elusive win and switch the the team that had the advantage, making for a more interesting game.

Of course I'm not suggesting anyone here switch factions, but what I am suggesting is that maybe we can all play the game for the good fight, have fun with it, and see that the fight we have enhances our fun and has no bad effect on our friendships.

First Order has no deals with any factions other than Omni.

Despite being approached by a few clan guilds, and a Neutral Guild.

We even had to turn down an agreement with a clan faction that has a really good friend in it, that also has a Level 200 Omni Main, because it just isn't right let down our faction.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

tanis

Tanis i never put you on ignore and always said hello when i saw you which wasnt often. and the acclaim as you put it i dont want it was referring to PV and how the clan guys gave him everything which wasnt the case . dont go calling me immature because you are in a mood about something which doesnt concern you (as you had already left).as far as i am concerned the matter is now closed lets leave it that way plz
    Smashemup by name and by nature

I like to shoot my clan pals first. So I dont have to feel bad when they die.

Back on topic. I think that if Legion start to make agreement with Clanners, this will bring alot of chaos. Its not good because we need Legion(as much as we need everyone) to help us in getting more land. I have to say that Im really proud of omnis. We dont give up, even when things turn bad. We have great leaders who know what they are doing. If little alliance like this start to be made, some people wont feel like defending eachothers base and we will end up breaking apart and we'll be divided like Clan is right now. You clearly see that some clans dont coopereate with eachother because of certain people actions. Omni need to stay together and help eachothers. If any omni base is attacked, we need to defend it. If we decide to attack, we all go. I wouldn't mind if SF members wouldnt attack and made a peace agreement to attack ANY omni base, only defending Clan bases. But whenever I go in tower wars I see alot of SF attack Omni towers, so I expect every omni to cooperate in assault on any clan base, even SF.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 14th, 2003 at 20:52:42.

Originally posted by Rolller
    Re-read the orginal post and notice no organization was mentioned.
    Ha! So you expect that you can discuss organizations without actually naming them? Wouldnt be much of a conversation. You not mentioning names is just you covering your own a$$.

Originally posted by Raad

Ha! So you expect that you can discuss organizations without actually naming them? Wouldnt be much of a conversation. You not mentioning names is just you covering your own a$$.
    The idea was not to have this turn into a name calling flame thread.. obviously didn't happen.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Ityn
    The only thing I don't get about agreements like this, I came from a CTF/TF background, lot of different FPS games but all in essence CTF or TF, and I had tons of friends in other clans and we'd fight eachother all the time on pubs and in matches for rankings. Some of the people in these other clans were RL friends, we'd go golfing and do barbeques and pool parties, then when we got on line compete for each others rankings. On the flip side there were punk orgs that we loved to beat down shamlessly, but those games were never as much fun, everyone was always so tense.

It's a game.

But for some really strange reason, people seem to think that playing the game itself isn't really fun, and that you can't fight in game and still be pals and shoot the breeze about other stuff on the side. I don't really understand this ethic, I think you can fight eachother in game, and still be pals, in fact maybe it's easier to respect eachother if you do.

It is also game imballancing, if you always have one attacker, esp a large guild, on the sidelines, then you give the defender a solid advantage that they really do not deserve. It reminds me of a lot of things I didn't like about some pub CTF servers, when one team was stronger, often times many would switch to the strong team. If the teams had even numbers, but the skill level of the players were badly imballanced, I'd always switch to the losing team just to ****e things up, and often a few of the weaker players would think that was the chance for them to get the elusive win and switch the the team that had the advantage, making for a more interesting game.

Of course I'm not suggesting anyone here switch factions, but what I am suggesting is that maybe we can all play the game for the good fight, have fun with it, and see that the fight we have enhances our fun and has no bad effect on our friendships.
    You can't do that in these games. That's what a lot of people don't understand about MMORPG's. There are consequences to actions that may last for 3 more years. It's not like 'ok, let's have a good battle wednesday, may the best team win' and then Thursday it's all over. People lose bases, factions lose experience, one side gets stronger and the other side starts to suck. In two months Omni may or may not be down to only 4% XP bonus. This isn't Team Fortress Classic. People are paying money for this. 13 bucks a month. Your side loses all their towers and the game is less fun to play.

Team Fortress Classic is fantastic. Assemble your team, fight another team, hope for a good match, and win or lose the game's over and you can start again. It's not like anything really mattered. Now things matter. How much fun you have in this game is in great part now determined by what the other guys in your faction are doing. Even if you never PvP, the difference in how much fun your character has can very much be determined by whether or not you are Clan or Omni. In TFC, you can be Red team, Blue team, Purple team, it don't matter and you stand as much a chance of winning everytime you fire it up.

FunCom made HUGE mistakes with Notum Wars. Not the least is providing such incredible advantages to tower owners and the faction with the most towers. That crap is worse than PvP titles ever were. Sad so to see that FunCom has effectively introduced the mechanic whereing the ganker is rewarded by giving them more tools to be an even better ganker to bring the old-school arena image into current focus.

Rather than Notum Wars properly implementing a fun analogue of Team Fortress Classic where people PvP for the pride of their organizations and some minor perks, Notum Wars is bringing out the worst elements in not only ourselves but bringing the worst types of personalities to the forefront. I can't say I've been proud to watch anything that has unfolded in this game since a week or so after Notum Wars was released. And this includes my own organization at points. Hell we were almost ripped apart by the horse crap those towers are causing.

Give me a server without all the underhandedness, poor sportsmanship, griefing, and towers and I'll gladly leave Rubi'Ka to rot a rotten death as it's taken over by whatever infected Rubi'Ka-2. Roller has a problem with his supposed faction mates dealing with the enemy. Well, I applaud him for being forthright and not being squeemish and saying so. Unfortunately, it's FunCom's fault for putting out Notum Wars with such a ruleset as to reward thug mentality and poor sportsmanship. You wanted war, you got it. We're seeing that war is only fun for the victors and nobody likes to pay money to not have fun.

War is hell. War games aren't supposed to be.

Im in legion smash... way concerns me. PV is a mate... again way concerns me. AS attitude towards ex members one of which I am again way concerns me.

Also like boni says above... ppls bonuses ride on these towers.. we have friend in SF who i attack and do not attack is my business. I personally wont take bonuses from the ppl I call friend... but neither will i let them take bonuses from faction mates. All pvp dealings between Legion and synergy factor are based around other ppls bonuses... we have little to lose or gain from each other than just to have fun... why cant 2 guilds regardless of faction have fun with eachother without personal risk?
    Last edited by TanisAS; Jan 14th, 2003 at 22:10:45.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by Noer

A transparent thong with golden stripes.
    Hey! I said I wanted that back after you were done with it.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by Rebbeca

The idea was not to have this turn into a name calling flame thread.. obviously didn't happen.
    It never does...
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Let's call it quits on this thread. It basically ate up half my evening with meetings in-game with my old guild, trying to sort things out.

I have to admit tho, that having to defend myself and my actions, whilst at the same time trying to defend my old guild has proved impossible on this occasion.

As Smashemup says, let's let this one go.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Wink

This thread just killed another hour of work... thanks!
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Originally posted by Goode
    This thread just killed another hour of work... thanks!
    hehehe - damn you must working at a boring place.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Graduate Assistant for the Reference Desk at a University library.

Doesn't get much more exciting than this
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Originally posted by Goode
    Graduate Assistant for the Reference Desk at a University library.

Doesn't get much more exciting than this
    Boring... never! - surely all those vampires and demons that you have to research and slay must be a hoot
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Keldrys
    Since everyone is throwing theories around, I figured I'd settle this with the facts. No, Legion and SF won't hit each other's bases, but it goes faaaaar beyond that....

At battles not involving Legion and SF bases, members of each side are required to seek each other out and pair up. The Legion member is then required to give the SF member a ritualistically sacrificed leet, and the SF member must give the Legion member a ritualistically sacrificed reet. The two then don the carcasses as headresses and circle each other doing the /chicken. Finally, the ritual concludes by flinging the carcass at the nearest non-Legion/SF person.

Unfortunately, we're required to do this every 10 minutes, so in a long battle I get really tired (and requires us to carry bags of leets/reets! I need the feckin inventory space for my uber MA attacks!). But that's an issue between me and the advisors...

So there, it's not all fun and games for us. Some Legion members hate this policy and hate doing the /chicken.
    lmfao!

When your gal Fyksar decided to be a smartass and KS our advisor's mobs while they were on alts, we attacked your efp base the next day. You almost lost it 4 times, and lost it later on in the day.

What kept your base going for so long?

We both know the answer to that question, Rolled. That's right, legion was there even before most of your members showed up.

Funny thing is, the whole barrage of battle between clan/omni that started that day was set off simply by that borg incident Chaos rules.

Tell me, what did you gain by making this thread? Several people were already aware of what was going on and could give a **** less. All im wondering about is who told you. Your original hiding of it shows you made this thread just to get attention and stir ****. Good job. I suppose the next thing you'll be telling me is chat moles are fair game.

I wonder how widely your opinion is shared. I don't see all that many omni or clanners on this chat pissed off except for you and that other guy.

100 creds says if we never attacked rolled's guild's efp base, this thread would never have existed. Just be happy your side doesn't have guilds choosing the ****ing ace camp over helping in base defense. We do. The world ain't a perfect place.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jan 15th, 2003 at 06:31:45.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

id take azure over our base

pwned?
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast