Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Originally posted by Poweredge :: Powervault

There's a difference between being outnumbered, and outsmarted. Perhaps it would have been smart to have thought through the possible outcomes prior to making posts that have damaged OT more than a simple pact or two.
    There's a difference between being outnumbered, and outsmarted. Perhaps it would have been smart to have thought through the possible outcomes prior to making a pact or two that have damaged OT more than making a post.

...Sounds about the same to me.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

hehehehe

I'm gonna find someone to start taking out books from your place, and tell them not to return them... HA!

Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

I'd like to remind all the Omni guild leaders that clan is at 11.02% and we're at 9.31%. I think they're all just frustrated that each thinks the other isn't providing their share of support, and this Legion/SF deal just really takes the cake.
    Instead of standing in a circular firing squad, can they talk to each other and come up with a plan for us to capture some bases and actually hold them? I'm one Omni-Tek employee that doesn't care who's friends with whom, who won't attack whom, or guild policies, I just want Omni-Tek to defeat the clans.

lol!!!!

already happens so much i probably wouldnt notice heh.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Lightbulb

Wow.... Having towers is fast becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The help given and help recieved ratio of legion is heavily outbalanced to the given side.

Seems to me some people need to practice what they preach.

We will still be there when we can wel defend from anyone for anyone when we are available. Like we have said before wel defend from SF that isnt even an issue. I have yet to see a concerted effort to kill sf bases so the whole point is moot since no ones really attacking them with any conviction anyway. And we arent going to defend them if you do. Lastly is an MMORPG and no one perma dies so there is no win or lose. The story in the end will dictate who wins and who loses we have no control over that, all we can do is be part of it and make an impact on the journey.
    Last edited by TanisAS; Jan 15th, 2003 at 17:31:37.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Notum Wars is not fun. Towers take 6 hours of your guild's playing time yet you are quickly becoming 'required' to own them to equip anything. The bile and vitriol that used be confined into Tarasque's lair is spilling out into the entire game. People are at each other's throats.

This game is supposed to be fun. If you take Notum Wars into account, it isn't anymore. It's now full of cheating, name-calling, backstabbing, griefing, ninja'ing. The whole gamut of what used to be confined to that damn dragon. Only now you can't hide from it by just opting out.

Honestly, I wish they'd just roll back the Notum Wars patch and give me my 20 dollars back. I thought it would be fun. But, all it's done is put a cloud of tension over the entire AO community. What used to be friendly competition is now ugly. AO is becoming an ugly game. Reminds me of the terribly dark days of UO. Only in AO, you have no chance for retribution.

The god damned towers were supposed to be about PvP. With the blasted XP-bonus and incredibly over-powered tower advantages, we have no chance of having the Notum Wars be about PvP for pride and fun. It's about forced PvP exactly the same as forced PvP for Dragon loot. I'm sick of defending towers because I have to. I wanted to fight and defend because it would be fun and I wanted to. Now, my damn palms have to sweat because I risk losing life/nanoskills/weaponskills and the like.

Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking when they implemented what could have been a great diversion in such a terrible fashion.

Oh and crowd control kinda kills any "we need your numbers" arguement.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Notum Wars is not fun. Towers take 6 hours of your guild's playing time yet you are quickly becoming 'required' to own them to equip anything. The bile and vitriol that used be confined into Tarasque's lair is spilling out into the entire game. People are at each other's throats.

This game is supposed to be fun. If you take Notum Wars into account, it isn't anymore. It's now full of cheating, name-calling, backstabbing, griefing, ninja'ing. The whole gamut of what used to be confined to that damn dragon. Only now you can't hide from it by just opting out.

Honestly, I wish they'd just roll back the Notum Wars patch and give me my 20 dollars back. I thought it would be fun. But, all it's done is put a cloud of tension over the entire AO community. What used to be friendly competition is now ugly. AO is becoming an ugly game. Reminds me of the terribly dark days of UO. Only in AO, you have no chance for retribution.

The god damned towers were supposed to be about PvP. With the blasted XP-bonus and incredibly over-powered tower advantages, we have no chance of having the Notum Wars be about PvP for pride and fun. It's about forced PvP exactly the same as forced PvP for Dragon loot. I'm sick of defending towers because I have to. I wanted to fight and defend because it would be fun and I wanted to. Now, my damn palms have to sweat because I risk losing life/nanoskills/weaponskills and the like.

Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking when they implemented what could have been a great diversion in such a terrible fashion.
    well said, and I agree 100% with what you say.....
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, NW is the end of AO for a lot of players....
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

to teh omni

Um, I've been to every omni raid/defense that I've ever been online for.....I go, I kill every clanner I see.....just because Legion as a guild doesnt set out to smash the SF bases, doesnt mean Legion guys dont show up. You might not see me wacking away on a SF tower, but I am running around killing clanners by the dozen....so far, MOK is the ONLY omni guild trying to divde us all with there piddly we wont help defend so and so...wtf is that about...arg explain yourself pls.

ok whatever my differences with tanis or PV" i will always count on legions help in defending a tower. i have seen my guild and legion helping in this regard (although AS isnt a big "uber" guild ) side by side and i will not accept that they dont help, I KNOW BETTER. but as far as i am concerned "death to the clans" friend or foe they will all go down. lets forget this BS and realise we are a faction and should stay that way,we are all ( or should be friends) lets act like it we may not like what others do but as i have said before "thats their choice" lets just concentrate on winning the extra XP and doing what we can to help each other.
    oh and btw i am not a great legion fan after seeing the way a nuub doc was treated by a "babylegion" member because he couldnt keep up. i was playing a fixer at the time and found this persons attitude condescending and down right arrogant . no i do not know who this persons high lvl char was and will not name the char in question unless a legion high lvl person asks but as a fixer i found it hard to keep up with this persons speed, also b4 it gets to "well you are not used to playing the high lvl game" i have 5 100+ chars so dont go there!!. in my opinion we as higher lvl players are there to help and mentor the lower lvl players which i have had done to me and i will try to pass on to others. ok enuff of me going on lets try and make this a more constructive thread love to you all 8-) !!!! well maybe not so much the clanners 8-) but you get my meaning 8-)
    Last edited by smashemup; Jan 15th, 2003 at 20:44:08.
    Smashemup by name and by nature

I get the whole: "Why are all buddies" crap....

But don't expect to be looked upon with any kind of respect by other Omni guilds if you are making agreements with the Clans whether it be one or many.

Apparently if what has been said about MoK is true, then more power to yah guys, you can handle yourselves just fine alone and don't need to rely on other guilds as much as some others do.

I will back MoK all the way because I know their character and I respect Argulace and his great leadership.
    Last edited by Voracious; Jan 15th, 2003 at 21:42:24.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

After the revelation that they are not to engage in any defence other than that of their own and BoB`s base I hear tonight and all points bulletin on the raids bot asking all omni to help Mok when I know damn well no official help would be recieved from them if we were in a similar situation except that provided unofficially by friends within MoK.

How can argulace not help defend AT ALL. And then demand help?

Respect can and has been earned but is lost just as easily. Maybe sometime soon il consider rallying myself to a burning MoK tower but not today. Legions actions in no way weaken omnis positiong we will fight for 99.9% of the land clans hold and we will defend omni land under threat (with the exception of Mok because you get what you give arg) but argulaces attitude splits and devides omni and damages us more as a whole than any non aggresion pact between friends.
    I am Kong.

Originally posted by Xixxxor

I will back MoK all the way because I know their character and I respect Argulace and his great leadership.
    lol...charge through 50 clanners and tell me this
    Some dude

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567