Thread: Omni's attempt at inciting a mass clan defection...

Omni's attempt at inciting a mass clan defection...

Taken from an Omni Newspaper:

Headline reads: Omni Tech attempts a mass Clan Defection

"Omni Tech CEO's announced today that due to a sudden decrease in the amount of employees that they are offering a limited time trade in of Clan bravery Tokens for Omni Tokens. Hoping to incite a mass defection of clan to Omni they offer any clan member who wants to defect an equal amount of omni tokens.
    An anonymous clan member was quoted as saying the following, "I've long thought of becoming an Omni Tech employee, but the rewards of the token board I shamefully wear around my neck are too great. If the rumors are true, I'll be one of the first of a new wave of Omni."
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

"Today a group of masked Omni-Tek Employees enter the building of the Omni-High Command. After a bloody and long fight most of the CEO's were arrested, a few of them escaped and a new goverment were depolyed.

Our reporter spoke with one of the masked Omni-Tek attackers - General Whitesand. "General Whitesand why did your group attack your own leaders? - Some Omni Memebers are saying that you are betrayers." "Well it was our holy duty to remove the evil in our own rows. Those CEO's didn't spoke for all loyal Omni-Tek Employees who lost their friends and families in one of the fights against the clan rebels. We don't allow those murders to infiltrate Omni-Tek. We never want to see them. But if they still are thinking of joining our forces then we may have a few more places in our prison for them. - We are Omni-Tek. We are a family. Its our duty to serve Omni-Tek for every danger - it isn't easy but what we did today was something we had to do!" "Thank you General Whitesand for the interview. Christin Alice Channel 5 Omni-News."
    Last edited by Whitesand; Jan 14th, 2003 at 02:56:09.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

So much for family that all goes to clan side for tara loot/xp bonus/more towers right?
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

LOL, you mean that was bs? I can't defect to omni and keep my tokens? Damn.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

This thread was started to show a way for FC to implement what I've been talking about in a few other threads into the story line for those who RPG.

Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

And, in turn, the reason (necessity) for Shifty's suggestion was the severe side imbalance existing on RK-2.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well if there's clanners that will resort to your bribery, you can have them.

Though I like General Whiteheads ideals... for an Omni.

Treason should never be taken too lightly.

Originally posted by Haiiro
    Well if there's clanners that will resort to your bribery, you can have them.

Though I like General Whiteheads ideals... for an Omni.

Treason should never be taken too lightly.
    The only ones that would take the offer would be lamers that were omni in the first place. Would be the perfect chance to go back now that they got their phat dragon lewt. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

"In other news, little Timmy has fallen down a well. Members of the ICC and Omni Defectors in an effort to send out support to little Timmy met in the studio to record "We are sending our love down the well". Lead by Krusty the Clown these individuals hope to raise enough Phat Tara LeWt to free Timmy from the well in which he is trapped."

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Well, other ideas (probably already stated) to bring (and keep) people on omni side :

- Slightly better price at shops (3% from base price)
    - Relax side affiliation of some good clannish items. (perhaps through some hacking or use of a new "derogation" item...)
    - Put CLEAR road signs in OT cities to indicate shops, grid,...