Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aimed Shot Recycle Time is Insane

Well... Agents should get that skill about that fast. Some other should not. Thats my take on it.

Well caterwaul recycle as in 12 seconds for me with 1200AS skill, increasing it further (ie implants) dont lower recharge time further. That beeing said, the claims that we do 3-4k dmg every time is totally ridiculous and have absolutely no root in reality. Also the engie anti special buffs seems to do wonders against caterwaul, reducing it to a slow weapon with low normal dmg.

..just up the recycle modifier on AS a little bit..

Originally posted by Autocrat/Seraph
    No Agent uses an X-3 in PvM unless it happens to be a Unique with tons of health. Don't try and smokescreen this, Agent PvM is Caterwaul, Alsaqri or Zastaba.
    You obviously have no clue whatsoever about the things you are putting forth here, this is pure nerfmonging from someone who cant handle the fact that someone can do something better than you.

Go consentrate on getting better at what you do instead of trying to ruin what other ppl do good. This is like all the ppl who never held a melee weapon or tried melee weapons in pvp that yaps about the enfs blades. Dont speak so loudly about things you clearly dont manage to grasp the full picture of.

Furthermore, insinuating that ppl hit for like max AS dmg is nonsense, that must be vs gimps with no evades who is at max aggro all the time, well, thats like shooting ducks in a pond.

You beeing a duck, I understand that you will want to take the shotgun away from the hunter, but the hunter do object strongly to this.

I am bloody well tired of every gimp that get his ass handed to him in pvp comes here and proclaim that others must be nerfed for him to be less so.

First they killed the MA, luckily they didnt manage to get the fixer killed(if you dont count the NT nano), seems the whiners got lucky with the poor enforcers as well, but I bloody tell you, stay away from the agents, we had 9 months of continious nerfing from 12.6, and we are pretty feed up.

You have to realize that however much you whine and cry for nerfs, your ass will still be handed to you, since you are more consentrated on ruining the game for others than to actually trying to improve yourself.

Go away!
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Well said.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

You beeing a duck, I understand that you will want to take the shotgun away from the hunter, but the hunter do object strongly to this.
    Nah, I would rather see the duck getting a shotgun too Would be pretty eductaing for the hunter

Originally posted by Snublefot

Nah, I would rather see the duck getting a shotgun too Would be pretty eductaing for the hunter

Well, the ducks DO have shotguns, they are just too busy paddling around in the pond to get the hang of using it properly
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Hermy:

Something happened with AS during the release of NW. Do not take your present situation as the rule that will stand forever. It wont. Expect AS to take evades/AC and so on into account.

If your rely so 100% on AS, then perhaps its you that should learn to play your class better?

I agree with Hermy. Leave us agents alone for cryin out loud.

Relying on AS? Okay Snub, so I should go out and spend IP on a different weapon that has more than one special?

/me wonders if any agents tried using the soldier AS guns with the other specials.

Platypus:

Have you considered that I want agents to keep their little special weapon ?

But I would perhaps consider it extremly stupid for an agent to attack a target thats not hurt. At least it should be that way. Taking 40% of any players health in one shot is pretty powerfull...

High crit AS on weapons with only AS, no problem. Fast recycle of AS on a weapon that fires fast and with good base damage. Bad.

Distributing such a weapon to several classes, extremly short sighted.

Originally posted by Platypus

Relying on AS? Okay Snub, so I should go out and spend IP on a different weapon that has more than one special?

/me wonders if any agents tried using the soldier AS guns with the other specials.
    An agent named Godly used a Premium Flashpoint and Rifle.
    Proud Member of Legion
    Florisha - Setup
    Soulpowa - Setup
    "Sweet jehosephat that's the biggest can opener I've ever seen" - Fugglor

didnt Destructiva do some research on IEC/100% crit and some other weapon a while back..?

Aimed shot hits for 40% everytime? Riiiiiiiight...

I Have 1100 rifle skill and somewhere around 900 AS skill. And during 20 minutes or so of a tower battle yesterday, only 2 of my aimed shots hit for 40%.

Whoever this super aimedshotter is that's hitting for 40% every time, please step forward and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, and to those who want aimed shot nerfed so bad...fine, have fun killing the enforcers with 12k HP while trying to defend your towers when there are no more aimed shot users around.

Originally posted by Platypus

Quite a few high level agents have tried this and some use it regularly in pvp others don't.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Hermy:

Something happened with AS during the release of NW. Do not take your present situation as the rule that will stand forever. It wont. Expect AS to take evades/AC and so on into account.

If your rely so 100% on AS, then perhaps its you that should learn to play your class better?
    Hermy is one of the agents that actually know how to play the class. You don't see Hermy whining on this forum to get other classes nerfed, you don't see her complaining about her own profession like many other do. Actually it's not that many whiners, but sadly most of them are located here in the pvp forums and they all have a ridicilous amount of whine posts to their head :P
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Rak

Talk to Cyboot about AS hitting cap all the time.

EDIT:
    He is one of the few that is able to do it on me by the way...dont know how he does it.
    Oh and we are no threat to towers.....you got CC helping you to keep us nasty enfos out of range of your towers.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Not exactly true. At level 200 an Agent's base AS skill is 600 vs. 540 for a Soldier, vs. 480 for a Trader and 420 for Dark Blue classes. So even with imps some other classes can get close too but not exceed Agents.
    ummm, since when do ql 200 imps NOT add 210 points to a skill?
    Fully imped ithaca traders will sacrifice only nanoresist to implant AS (and RI but the Ith doesn't need that). So a fully imped trader will have 685 AS compared to the agent's 600. Check your facts please. The soldier will beat the agent also.

Well I guess if agents owned everyone in NW with their AS and blithely dispatched anything that moves with casual ease then you might have a valid point. But as that is so vastly far from the truth, with all due respect, I’d humbly suggest that you STFU.

(1100 AS almost guarantees a 2x+ multiple) and we know why AS is the must have special in PvP.
    How wrong could you possibly be? Frankly I do not believe you are in position of ANY FACTS WHAT SO EVER. Imagine AS damage as evenly spaced horizontal slices of a pyramid with x0.5 at the bottom and x7 (or whatever) at the top. The proportion of the multipliers you get to see when you use your AS is equal to the volume of the pyramid occupied. x0.5 and x1 make up the vast majority of AS damage you see and bearing in mind my normal crit is higher than a x1. This kind of means your argument gets so totally shot down in flames dude.

(No wonder Agents are unhappy to see almost every class using Rifles.
    We are not unhappy about other classes using rifles in PvP or PvM. If we are unhappy it is because there is a disparity between An agent wielding a rifle and an NT wielding a rifle AND his Nukes. So we (agents) wish for damage and AS bumps to bring the total output of OUR ONLY VIABLE form of pvp attack more into line with the total output of the NT with his nukes and rifle or the doc with his heals and rifle or for that matter the crat with his nukes and pet and rifle.

hope that cleared a few things up for you.

Must resist wish to flame……

Tiggy

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    ummm, since when do ql 200 imps NOT add 210 points to a skill?
    Fully imped ithaca traders will sacrifice only nanoresist to implant AS (and RI but the Ith doesn't need that). So a fully imped trader will have 685 AS compared to the agent's 600. Check your facts please. The soldier will beat the agent also.
    I believe I did. I said SOME classes will come close but not beat an Agent. Both Agent and non-Agent can use Faded AS so the disparity is 168 pts. Then again most non-Agents are not Opifex. Yes Soldier, Adventurer, Trader, Fixer, non-rifle Agent can have higher AS than a rifle Agent, no argument there. So Agents can still have the highest AS if you don't use a Rifle
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

No Agent uses an X-3 in PvM unless it happens to be a Unique with tons of health. Don't try and smokescreen this, Agent PvM is Caterwaul, Alsaqri or Zastaba.
    Someone needs to take away your "research" grant Cratt.

Wrong, tons of agents use X3 in PvM missions. When? When you are doing a mission packed with tough mobs, you need the extra punch of the X3 over time to make the mobs go down faster; you obviously don't know that aces and rms are inherently resistant to 10ks and even if you get one require LOTs of whittling down after the AS (during which time the aggro is often on your head, not ideal). I don't know ANY agents that use an AlSaqri or a Zastaba in team missions. For your information, the average damage on a Cat and Ithaca are quite mediocre, especially in PvP. But I understand you not wanting to include that variable in your "research." You are talking out of your...

BTW, it may interest you to know that whenever people run damage dumps in good teams I am on in missions I finish near the bottom every time despite getting an AS on almost every mob. Who always beats me? Fixers with a manex for one, traders, MAs, Advys, Soldiers, Enforcers, NTs. If AS recycle time were so unbalanced, how could this be the case?

Maybe you need to do a little more tower PvP before creating nerf threads. I have done LOTS of it and find that my AS does ave dmg of 1300-1800 in PvP (1 in 10 does the magic 40% you and the other nerfers want to quote; LOL NERF BURST ON MANEX, it "can" do 3500 in PvP!! NERF FA, it "can" do 5000 in PvP) and then the Caterwaul does 200-400-800-200, not really uber damage you would have to agree. ANY healing class will beat me toe to toe, AS or no. The average buffed hp on the battlefield is 7000. My AS will take about 15-20% of that on average. That target better go down to my crit spell or I am dead meat.

Look around at the agents you see, Cratt, introduce me to the ones with high PvP titles. There aren't any. Soldiers, Traders, GA Fixers, NTs have those titles, not agents.

Which of those classes are getting their title because AS is so uber? The NTs? (oh yeah, they do well in PvP because of AS, not because AoE nukes), Traders? (has nothing to do with drains...), Fixers? (LOL), Soldiers?...

Agents are undoubtedly the most nerfed class in this game. And yet, almost every week, a different player with NO experience in what he is talking about who either a) went on a couple missions with a high level agent and equated what that agent did in a MISSION to PvP or b) finally ventured out onto the NW field and got popped once and it hurt da widda feewings, come here and create a nerf thread. At least you have the honesty to say up front what it is.

Now I will share a fact with you about tower wars, which you seem to know so little about. Weapons, specials, traditional damage as a whole, are NOTHING in comparison to offensive nano damage. Neither AS, nor any other special, nor any weapon for that matter owns mass pvp. Offensive nanos own mass PvP. Roots, snares, drains, heals, debuffs, blinds, rage, AoE nukes... THESE are the things that control mass pvp.

What Mass PvP needs is meaningful NR buffs that slough or pulse or whatever ( not too uber so the NTS don't think they are being nerfed). Leav AS the hell alone. It is ALL that agents have in PvP.

BTW, how many agents did you talk to about your "hypothesis" before coming here to create yet another whining nerf thread? You and I have recently teamed and you sure as hell didn't ask me anything other than how high my AS skill is. That in itself kinda pisses me off.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast