Thread: How would it be if..

How would it be if..

People had a shorter range of the TAB to target players in PvP? Would it make fight more interesting and longer? When I fight in PvP theses days, I notice that all I do mostly is TAB+1,2,3 and check who and where the guy is, most profession do that also. If we couldnt use the TAB to target people, we would actully have to point at the person and we could use movement and different surface, ground, higher area and tree, pillar at our advantage. Maybe it would screw up PvP also because its kinda hard to target people. Just wondering .... o_O?

[Change into my suggestion]

Making TAB range shorter.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 13th, 2003 at 21:15:15.

Agree, it would make it more fun...
    moon meeh

Would make it more fun, but then you would have to get alot closer to accually click on the person. LOS isnt that great in the world of rubi-ka. Would be interesting to see this ingame. Could be good for enfs
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Thumbs down

No thanks. It would just make PVP more annoying.
    Last edited by Ilsabet; Jan 13th, 2003 at 20:43:58.
    -= Level 5 Opifex Martial Artist (Rimor) =-
    Loyal supporter of Omni-Tek's rightful claim of Rubi-Ka.

I like your character Ilsabet ^^

Thumbs up

Thanks. Just started last night.
    -= Level 5 Opifex Martial Artist (Rimor) =-
    Loyal supporter of Omni-Tek's rightful claim of Rubi-Ka.

well...
    1. selecting things with the mouse is virtually impossible in any lag whatsoever.
    2. this would be an inherent nerf on anyone that created a large character
    3. some of those agents get so tiny it's about impossible to find them without tabbing (maybe this is part of your point)
    4. run speed - yeesh, I've tried clicking on people with high run speed before, it's nearly impossible (again, maybe this is part of your point)

would you also want to kill /assist?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Thus making the enfs more of the tanks and the agents less of targets, could be good, could be bad. I think it would be fun. Being a fixer, i might also be a easy target, or everyone could just get leet form and no one could click on anyone.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Or maybe lowering the range of TAB would be better I think. And no I dont want to kill /assist. Its really needed. And agent would get a huge boost from this since they are all tiny and hard to see.

What about those people who need to reduce their visual line of sight far below their weapon range in order to play normally in a battle? This would favour those with a higher performance system since they have the ability to set up a longer visual range without being lagged to death. :/

so everyone attacks the MAs/Enfs first?
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

What MA's?
    Don you know,your not supposed to harm endangered species
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

How about they remove all the 100% 75% 25% and make all zones 5% and also remove all lvl restrictions.

Populate planet with mobs that we can hunt.

And get rid of camping.

Ah there is game like that and i love to play it
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

no way sister, in a lot of PVP i end up staring at the ground to avoid going LD (camelot springs to mind).
    nice thought though, maybe shortening the length of tab would add a lot of strategy, but certainly not remove tab.
    just imagine trying to click through an army of miniature leets....
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

Three words:

Third Person View.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Gah that was 5 words stromm ;P
    moon meeh

Originally posted by [BeNdEr]
    Hmm, I think he's using one of those new exploits to trick us...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    What about those people who need to reduce their visual line of sight far below their weapon range in order to play normally in a battle? This would favour those with a higher performance system since they have the ability to set up a longer visual range without being lagged to death. :/
    all games are like this, if u play CS the one whit 100 FPS will have a bigger chanse to kille somone then the d00d whit 30 fps... and the one whit the 56k modem wont kill anyone becous of lagg
    its sad but true.

this is a cool idea that adds somthing new to PVP.. Agents and fixers will be harder to target and the enfs will be blasted to hell , and AOE nukes from NTs will still hit the tiny Agents.

i like this idea, i think they should test it, adjust it so it wont be fubar and bring it to the game , becous this sounds like it could make PvP more fun
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by [BeNdEr]
    wow.. the bender can count.. *shocked*

Drsnurre shouts: Ok, whoever you are that helped Bender counting! We know you are here somwhere hiding from us!

i dont think this would be good to Melee proffesions since they are the once who need to stand infront of someone then attack to hit must be why Insida wants it this way
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent