Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does the XP curve start to become really depressing?

When does the XP curve start to become really depressing?

I was wondering when levelling starts becoming a real drag. I dinged 129 this morning before work. Did a single mission and got about 7M xp (5.5 needed to level). Took me about an hour and a half.

When I was low level, I always heard about people getting bored and frustrated about levelling past, say, 100. I don't feel this way at all... yet.

I saw a graph once that displayed the curve and I remember it went up pretty steeply. So far, however, as I'm beginning to get near the high-level range, I'm not noticing a spectacular increase in time needed to level...

Say you're doing solid, back to back team missions. How much time does it take you per level at, say, 150? 175? 190?
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

IMHO: Around 140-150. You need to do more than 2 level 180-190 team missions to get new level. At level 155 you seem to need something like 4-5 team mission to get a new level. (People don't normally do higher than level 190, because RMs need so long time to kill.)
    Quit whining (.com)(tm).
    ... listening whining since 2001-07-21 11:12:43...

I think I started to need between 12 and 16 missions to level once I got around 195, depending on the average size of the missions.

And I wouldn't say people don't go much higher than 190. If you make it to 190, you should really keep going (and most seem to) because right when you ding 190, you're out of that god-forbidden title cap you've been working so hard to come out of.

The last 10 levels are the best 10 levels of the game, accomplishment-wise. They are also the longest and most frustrating -- to do a team mission and see your XP bar move less than 10% can be a bit unnerving at times, but those who have the perseverence to hit 200 certainly earn it.

Oh, and do QL190-195 missions for fewer RMs and higher xp over time, even when you're 190+.

speaking technically about the curve, it gets most depressing when you hit level 200

in the 190ish you need 70mill+ to level, you get about 4-5mill xp from mobs and 1,8mill from misson reward.

i can recomend using items and buffs adding to XP-bonus.

About 7 days /played to get from 190 to 200 (I am not sure anymore, maybe I am totally wrong).
    If your team doesn't loot, you'll make 2-3 missions before the big buffs have to be refreshed. Get 3 missions in Hope to BS, where the missiontime is not more than 7h. And don't try to get in a /afk team.

Missions were never boring. I still like this kind of xp. Play DAoC if you really want to see the pure boring kind of leveling.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

Your getting so **** focused on the next level once past 170 that its hardly depressing. Just a frustration

For me, personally..it has been 162.

You finally level (which has started taking longer than you want it to) and find that every important skill is now capped for the next 28 levels--not to mention you have probably hit all or most of your breed caps as well.

It's the double-whammy of the XP curve hitting, and the blasted short TL5 growth window shutting at the same time.

-Jayde

195-200 was a real pain, but that was probably just because I had very little to gain on leveling.

But at lower lvl I would say around lvl 175 it starts to take abit too long time for each lvl.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

175>187 is bad

after that you see the end of the tunnel so its ok.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Ya, 175 was the killer for me. I hit 175.... I would say at least 2 months ago. Im only up to 182 now. I think it even got a bit worse with Notrum Wars now since I can self cast every single spell. The only thing I get now by lvling is higher evades and a faster run speed. everything else is capped.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I think it is hard to motivate leveling when you have every skill maxed that you need. As long as you have a goal it is easier, "i need to get to this level to cast this nano" for example. It is easier now though since alot of loot is tl6 :]
    Fluff Molgan Fluffyfluff eqp
    Mglomk2
    Synergy Factor

....have been horribly brainwashed by the prospect of being uber into camping NPCs until their peepee's shrivel (c) Naraya

165-185. It's just missions, missions, missions, and you gain absolutely nothing. Your main skills are capped. Your abilities are capped. It's just misisons. Missions. Missions. Do more missions.

Way back when, during the days of bracers (*sniffs*, I miss those days) it was such a happy joy to reach TL6.. now it's more of something you can shrug off. Anyway, at least at level 185-190 you can see that you're almost there (though, in reality, the last 15 levels mean about a billion XP, but it still feels like you're almost there. =p)

~Chris

Way back when, during the days of bracers (*sniffs*, I miss those days) it was such a happy joy to reach TL6.. now it's more of something you can shrug off. Anyway, at least at level 185-190 you can see that you're almost there (though, in reality, the last 15 levels mean about a billion XP, but it still feels like you're almost there. =p)
    Hehe Ethernal. You were the one that encouraged me by congratulating with something like this "Gratz you are already 166, thats about half point of the game in terms of XP required to reach 200". Well I made it, but yes it was plain boring.

Re: When does the XP curve start to become really depressing?

Level 1.
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by North

Hehe Ethernal. You were the one that encouraged me by congratulating with something like this "Gratz you are already 166, thats about half point of the game in terms of XP required to reach 200". Well I made it, but yes it was plain boring.
    Actually it was "nearly at the halfway point" cause it's more like level 171 or so.

~Chris

Yeah 170 i think is the worst part. your skills just capped a few levels ago and will be capped for another 20 levels still and the XP becomes more and more between levels. Even a full days play (normal peoples days not ethernals ) willonly net you 1 level usually.

180 or so xp wise is half way to 200 someone posted xp once for pre and post 180 numbers were pretty close but i think when you get into 60mil+ to ding youre so close to being done but then you look at the xp bar and see youre still 60mil from ding and decide to run laps around your home town for a couple hours then log

i lvled rather easy from 180-196 now i just kinda do missions every so often wore myself out
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Arrow

180-190 was hell but manageable.

190-200 is just going to be hell.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I figure if I can make it to 50 in Jumpgate (that's the max) I can max out in any game. 45 is the halfway point there. I'll post again in this thread when I make 200 (65 now)

I kind of liked 190>200 because I was uncapped and could shuffle some imps to cast all doc nanos

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast