Thread: Once upon a time on Rallos Zek

Talking The Great Tri-Noobie Race to nowhere.

In another game life when I was a young chubby ogre shaman. back when you could loot the very weapon they were holding. I got 20 other lvl 5 and lower ogre and trolls and decide to hold a race to freeport. it was the funnest thing in the world. We got half way through the swamp and the frogloks got half of us and the mad men of the deserts got the other half expect for one fat troll. he made it to freeport only to be slaughtered by a roaming guard. anyway it was the funnest thing I ever did in a game. There was no prize to be had only fun.

My point being is that why do we do something like that game only in AO. clan, nuet,omni pick a spot everyone get naked exect for one weapon and run to that spot and take pick on the way and post them here just for the pure fun of it.
    Last edited by Q; Jan 13th, 2003 at 20:46:09.

lmao- I've heard of this happening in AO, too.

But you name the place, and I'll bring a naked n00b.

What would be a good route? Hmm. It'd have to start in neutral territory I would think.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

hehe

One of my first chars was an enf and my RL friend had a doc. We where both lvl 25ish and we WALKED from Newland and all the way down to omni ent area. running from all kinds of spiders crossing rivers, even oceans.. OH NO SHARK! Ruuunn.. I mean swiiiiim! We where so proud that we managed to get all the way down there without dying and we walked around telling everyone about it.

We never knew what we might stumble apon and that made it fun. These days Im just anoyed by the fact that there is no randomnes in anything. I know when I start that I wont see anything I havent seen before. That is sad

Make unique mobs that are killable for one or 2 players spawn here and there or... something.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

did this with my guild once. we had everyone line start at same spot. . .here were rules.

1) log off and make a new char and lvl to 3
    2) name has to include something u announce then and there so someone can't make or use a prefab alt/twink. I think I used "run" as our word that had to be in name. We had Runninmofo, Runnynose, etc.
    3) then they had to run to clothing shop in Rome Blue where a race manager was. The racers would be handed 50k to spend to get some mirr clothing and then head to shop to get a weapon. (note no armor allowed and weapon only for show so they can get creative)
    4) then the first one to start line that was lvl 3, had mirr clothing on, had "run" in name, and was holding a weapon won part 1 of race.

Start line the gate in bs in the omni-tek base. . .where u can whompa in.

Finish Line of race was to run NW and reach the Clan whompa also in BS.

Now u might think that's a short race. . .well it took hours and many deaths for someone to finally make it. We had high lvls in guild following in Yalms and snapping pics of them running and hiding and skirting enemies and also pics of them falling, screaming, and dying. Lol one member lvl 130ish got grabbed and killed by an ermite while flying. Its a good route for lowbies cause a lot of aggroing mobs.

Now if u really wanna make it fun. . .have a few people go make clanner alts (or omni if u are clan) because there are many 25% pockets in BS. . .hehe.

Then they get prizes for:
    1) first to start line
    2) first to finish line
    3) best dressed
    4) best name

Have fun. . .always nice when people do things outside the normal lvling grind.

Aggros

you could eventually run around the lake in Newland, if your around lvl 5 your sure to train ALOT of rollerats to make the trip difficult.
    and at lvl 5 noone got uber swim speed either
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

ok I like the swiming in a body of water. That's got to be included for all sides clan, omni, and neut. The prize should be that the ones that get to the meeting spot gets there cartoon in the pic. We should get the gm's involved thay can take the pic of the winners
    Last edited by Q; Jan 13th, 2003 at 10:24:56.

This sounds like fun. I had an epic adventure of my own when I accidentally gridded into Meetmedere as a lowbie. Couldn't grid out again as the requirements were higher out than in, so I decided to walk back to Omni. Took me about three days of playing, but I eventually made it in spite of nasty mobs and the occasional OT-hunting clanner (especially two people who chased me to the river north of 4Holes, and tried to catch me when I got out of the water again). Something different is always fun.

Help me out here were would be a good spot for us noobies to run to? Pick some spots out. Dovve's map Not to hard but just enough to make it fun remember we'll be naked no armor just weapons. one other thing the req. for the run should be that you must be low enough to talk in newbie chat. any idea's? I really would like to do this...