Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix RK2 dammit!

Fix RK2 dammit!

ok.. I have posted on this calmy in the past, and nothing happens. The situation on RK2 gets worse and worse! I made the mistake of joining omni on RK2 long ago and now have high level characters with weeks straight of time invested into them. I cant just switch, mostly because I refuse to sell out as soo many of my friends have. And also because constantly winning would be boring too. FIX IT GOD DAMNIT!! RK2 ****in sucks and I as well as many of my friends are seriousely considering quitting!! I know several people on there that have deleted their accounts and are no longer on.. after getting as far or furter than me! The suggestion about switching to clan with no token loss for a while is GREAT.. just do something about it!
    Omni-Tek Forever!
    -Mike a.k.a. Thugx, RK2

Uh oh... this is going to be a clanner only world?

(Damn it, you guys are really making me think about joining Omni...)

(Hmm... you know, if I was the only Omni left... that would be kind of cool...)

Bah I think funcom does need to step up to the plate.

It really is a joke, at first I was really pissed at my friends who got to level 150 and jumped ship.

I though WTF - Why go clan and leave your friends, why switch sides -

But now - hell - if I could switch with all of my friends and keep my token board - I would go clan in a second. Better Bonuses, easier to find a team, Would have towers longer - not having to build them EVERY TIME I log in.

But I worked my rear off for my token board, and my friends are omni - so MOST of my org has remained Omni. I will continue to do so, knowing that my towers will be destroyed daily, it will be harder to find teams (although I am fortunate to have a bunch of great friends), and that If I ever have the desire to go after the uber mobs - I know that I'll never have a shot cuz there are 50 clanners there,

/delfarce

But now - hell - if I could switch with all of my friends and keep my token board - I would go clan in a second.
    heh, well whats the point in that? Your the one ****ing up the balance you idiot. IF you all stoped going clan then maybe the wars ect would be fair ffs.
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Well, there are too many clanners in rk2 and your first idea is to leave the Omni faction to go clan ?!!

On the one hand it would be stupid for the balance of the game and on the other hand it would be completly shamefull !

Guys, do you know what the pride is ?

If you want to go clan do it, the 1k tokens board is easy to get and I am sure it wont be a loss for the Omni.

If you want to go clan then go , we need people with A SPINE.

Yesiamstoned 152NT RK2

I say screw it.

Just go Clan and the exp bonus you get from losing your board will be nothing when you add in the fact that once the land is changed over to 95-98% clan you will recieve the same if not more of a exp bonus from the side land ownership.

I figure getting 15-16% a kill would be well.. nice :-)

Teams everywhere. Massive rallies to take down the super bosses (LVL250+). Tara Loot! etc etc.

Never have to worry about your bases getting attacked. Consistant bonuses from your personal towers making the game easier. Guild advantages being stable because your Controler isnt taken down.

etc etc.

Switch and be happy. Don't worry about the token boards. By the time you hit 200 you'll have 4K in tokens anyways so rebuilding it won't take that long.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Out of curiosity, why does the Clan have such an advantage on Rimor? Why is Omni defecting?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

This is what I see as to why OMNI are defecting...

It started with Tara Raids. Clan started to win all the Tara Raids, Omni began to band together and mount a force to take Tara. Omni succeeded for a time being to control Tara. (Note: Short time maybe a couple weeks) However some Omni got greedy, did not like the loot system that was in place and decided to mount their own "Damage Team" to out damage the main Omni organizers. (i. e. : Ninja loot).

Omni broke apart on the Tara raids, because of a few greedy Omni. Tara once again belonged to the Clan.

With that said, a large number of Omni said "The hell with this crap" and if they can't get Tara loot being Omni, they switched. Omni lost a large number of people to Clan for greed.

Now with NW we have land control. Both Omni and Clan competing once again for things other than Tara loot (overrated from my perspective). Well with all the greedy and selfish old Omni's and the original Clan, Omni is typically out-numbered 3 Clan to 1 Omni in PvP for land control. Omni has tried to take land from the Clan and has been successful, however only to have it taken back in masses. (Example: Clan looses one base, Clan retaliates and takes three to four Omni bases) .

So, once again we have a bunch of Omni's saying, "If you can't beat them, then join them".

That is my perspective of all the Defectors. Mainly greed in the beginning and now a lack of motivation from getting put down in an unfair fight.

Someone said to me once "It is like playing soccer with a team of 7 versus a team of 11, the team of 11 will win the majority of time"

/me gets off his soapbox

-S
    ----------------------------------------
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...

So...greed. Changing sides cause of some stupid dragon loot? Damn that's funny. Bye bye 1K token board which is better than the dragon loot IMO? Same folks that sell out their friends for loot no doubt. Well, thank you for enlightening me on this.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Oh Yeah

Fun stuff on RK2 right now. Last night, responded to Clan attacking an Omni base. I love shooting clan so I go to help, 4 Omni there including me. I see about 12 Clanners at first, 8 or so come out to the zone edge to confront us. My favorite part is the jeering, "Why don't you step into the 25%!!!"
    Hmmmm ok "Everyone got alphas ready!!!"
    buduhhhh
    I do respect everyone out there who at least uses common sense and courtesy. So /salute to all of you who do act like adults.

Gotta build up the Omni motivation again is all...

Atre

Lol Nice to see the 'haters' who just posted didn't actually read what I had written.

I play this game because of my friends - Currently most of them are Omni. I will remain omni as long as my friends remain omni - If they all switch - I will switch.

StrayDuck - Big words there little fish - *wonders if you were an Omni that went clan and feels the above post hits a bit close to home.

Elbo - I have read many of your posts, and Although I agree that switching clan would probably make life easier, I am omni until the time when I'm the last of my friends here.

Stoned? spine lol - you haven't met me in game, and I doubt ur comment would make any sense to any who have met me.

Mistertom - Although I respect your post, being a high level OMNI trader on RK2, I have some problems - you belong to an organization of 8 people - have you defended towers? have you rebuild every time you've logged in? - have you talked to the scores of people who have been actively *Trying* to keep battles alive?

I know at least *50* people who want no part in tower battles anymore, they are tired of the pointlessness - see my previous posts on the frivolity of a tower defense.

AGAIN - I am staying Omni until my friends decide it is useless - I continue to play this games because of the people - I personally **could care less** about the political ballance if >66% of characters level >150 have gone clan and are comlaining that the rest of high level omni's are thinking about doing what they *Already* have.

Think before you post. Funcom has created the imbalance, not the people who have switched to get loot, to find teams, to switch to a social atmosphere with a larger pool - There's a name for people who are on the loosing team knowing that the imbalance is much greater, knowing that there is little reason to even attempt to have tower battles - it's not underdog, its maschocist.

And in the words of oezcan, thanks for your post and the bump

/delfarce

The problem is that little by little peeps decide that is to difficult to stay omni. So for whatever reason they switch to clan and then take advantage of what true clanners have built. So yes if you are not willing to fight against very bad odds, get organized and hopefully get lucky I would say you need a spine. If you are just following the crowd and they want to jump sides then you are creating the imbalance. Yes it is hopeless at times during battles but if we organize and stay true to one path there is a chance of winning. I am not a hater and I dont mean to sound this harsh but I see too many people just give up.

Yes it is only a game but when you lose all of your resolve and just take the easy way out , what do you really get out of the experience. Personally I think it would be rather fun to actually come back and win with omni . Good results and I helped to get them. If I would go clan (which I will not) then I get good results without doing anything( leech ).

I have alot more respect for those clanners who built the clan to what it is today. The old names we all know. And I have even greater respect for those omni who will stick with it even against hopeless odds.

Yesiamstoned 152NT RK2

PS. has anyone at FC found my name yet ?!?!?

If I recall, the problem with omnis switching sides started before the Tara imbalance became obvious. Early on, there were a couple of xp exploits that only worked if you were clan. A problem with a specific mission terminal in Tir comes to mind. So omni lost a lot of the "winning is everything" mentality chars to clan.

After that, I think momentum set in. If you were high level and wanted to do stuff with other high level chars, you were better off clan. That's where more high level chars were. So many went over because their friends did or just because that's where it was easier to get teams.

There is also the issue of a certain set of sleeves that are highly valued by soldiers. For a while, you had people going clan just for the sleeves and then switching back to omni once they were equipped. Evidently, that was fixed.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Thanks fo clarifing Stoned, and I don't mean to come off like I'm scolding anyone,

But I really think that there is a problem. This is a game, people log in to enjoy a break from RL, they are online so they don't have to deal with inequality, or with the normal day to day BS we all put up with.

Introduce a system that is already scewed towards a side, then when Omni gets tired of being destroyed, and endless fighting, endless reconstruction of towers that last less then 24 hours, Put a raging horde of clanners on who are asking where the battles are, who don't switch sides (hint - join omni) ...well I *can't* blame people for going clan. I understand it - they paid their 10 bux a month - they can do anything they like with it.

I like omni, I have a bunch of core friends I leveled with who are still omni, I have talked with people that I deeply respect who are staying omni, as well as people I respect who have gone clan. I intend to continue building towers as needed, but I am not gonna keep getting excited to yalm to a battle, only to find a "swarm" of players that are unbeatable due to poor game mechanics. (see the post I made on waging an unbeatable attack on a tower in this forum)

If you can't understand why people are going clan - ask yourself this - why aren't you going omni?

/delfarce

Originally posted by Scorse
    This is what I see as to why OMNI are defecting...

It started with Tara Raids. Clan started to win all the Tara Raids, Omni began to band together and mount a force to take Tara. Omni succeeded for a time being to control Tara. (Note: Short time maybe a couple weeks) However some Omni got greedy, did not like the loot system that was in place and decided to mount their own "Damage Team" to out damage the main Omni organizers. (i. e. : Ninja loot).
    Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!! OMG, finnaly someone that knows the history!! And that IMO, was the TSN turning point of everything on Rimor. You guys couldn't share T loot and decided to form damage teams. We kept sharing and won in the end.

It is my humble opinion that all the imbalance going on now, can be traced back to that point in time. The greed and contempt you showed each other, in Omni, back then, is what ruins you today!

In fact I'm going to take that one step further, because before Omni got T, we had a problem with greedy clanners of our own. That guild of greed was called Quizotic. Knowing what a cancer they were, we fought that guild until they were wiped out!!

Then after that, we had the same problem with another greedy SOB called Jasonx. Him and his follwers pulled the same crap at T and we fought them until they eventually went Omni and/or left the game.

And today history seems to be repeating itself with another bunch of greedy ninja loot whores that don't give a rats ass about sharing loot to keep Tara from Omni. And they have made damage teams. And, they are appropriately called: Nemesis.

Sure we could do what Omni did back then, and throw in the towel. But we won't!! We will fight these SOB's the same way we have in the past. They like to hide behind the game's RP and say "We are clan, can't touch us. It's not right." But the simple fact is they are NOT clanners. They are greedy SOBs that don't care about history or what it takes to keep clan united and in control. And if their greed means clan loses Tara to omni, they dont care!! As they even said in a meeting.

We never gave up fighting the cancers in our own faction before and we won't give up fighting these cancers now!! That is the difference between Clan and Omni. And that is why we Clanners are winning the Notum War!!
    Last edited by Armaklaesy; Jan 13th, 2003 at 21:46:57.
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

Thumbs up

Greed was the undoing of Omni eh? Sounds about right

Don't worry. Clanners may be winning a few measly battles now but it won't last long. Those dirt eaters will submit to Omni-Tek soon.
    -= Level 5 Opifex Martial Artist (Rimor) =-
    Loyal supporter of Omni-Tek's rightful claim of Rubi-Ka.

Originally posted by Armaklaesy

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!! And that IMO, was the TSN turning point of everything on Rimor. You guys couldn't share T loot and decided to form damage teams. We kept sharing and won in the end.
    The point was not in Sharing loot, Clan never shared anything with Omni. The point was Omni was trying to at least have a chance at tara, and got greedy amongst themselves. (And that was our mistake, some greedy juvinile people, whom I am not going to point the finger at)

Much similar to the issues happening amoungst the Clan guilds as of today. Not all are getting along.

-S
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...

Originally posted by Scorse

The point was Omni was trying to at least have a chance at tara, and got greedy amongst themselves. (And that was our mistake, some greedy juvinile people, whom I am not going to point the finger at)
    Exactly!! But we did'nt make your mistake. We not only pointed a finger at them, but we threw down the gauntlet!! We fought those SOBs until there was nothing left!!
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

Originally posted by Armaklaesy

Exactly!! But we did'nt make your mistake. We not only pointed a finger at them, but we threw down the gauntlet!! We fought those SOBs until there was nothing left!!
    BUMP !!!!
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast