Thread: :S Close call! (story)

:S Close call! (story)

After a hell of a long time of too much procrastination, i decided to do my fixer grid team version quest. The quest in itself seemed annoying when trying to spawn the mobs, but there was another side to this I sure am happy to be through

Started when a friend of mine gave me the ao stratics guide to it, printed it out, and took the advice not to get the quest until i had spawned the 3 borgs i needed. The deal with this quest is there's these 2 spots in SAV and one in SFH, you have to do them in order, SAV to SFH and back to SAV where the quest finally ends. You have to kill lunaspell plants in the spawn spots until the borg pops up, which is the quest mob for each spot.

I went to the first one in SAV, 'Cyborg Grid Jumper' was already up after my first lunaspell kill. No one was there at the time.

I was going to go to the second one in SFH, but i figured since i was in SAV id hit two birds with one stone and go spawn the third and hammer a nail into the 2nd borg afterwards. So i flew east, turns out the place was in the middle of an omni base that was 100% suppression for another 3 hours or so. I saw the lunaspell and kept killing them, around my 7th kill a level 130ish atrox fixer (omni) is on my map/tab button. I knew that there's plenty of griefers in this game, and being that he was omni there was always the possibility he was a roleplayer and would steal the spawn because I was a clanner. I saw he came from the west, so i assumed he did the same as i with the 1st borg. He sat at a distance, watching me, i shouted 'hi' and he said 'hi' back, i assumed he would leave out of common curtosey being i was the one who started this quest prior, but he didn't budge. I saw him take his evac damage, and let out a sigh of relief that i wouldnt have to worry about my quest being ruined (the spawns can be very annoying as the spawn time is anywhere from one to 40 minutes each). I saw him return, and i didn't understand why. I thought about what he mightve been doing, perhaps checking the 2nd spawn to get a head start over me. I hate being a pawn. So i got my guild advisor, Sheffy to watch the 2nd spawn - turns out the guy was up, just like i thought. Told him to stay there, and don't move, tell me if anyone comes.

Another fixer, a familiar name, Redtail showed up and said hi. I greeted her back and i asked if she was here for the quest, she showed me the ref of her team fixer grid nano and said no. I told her my concerns about the guy, she said she'd watch and kill the lunaspells and send me a /tell when the borg spawned - in the meantime, id be sitting at the quest npc triggering line waiting to do so after i recieved the /tell. Before that though, redtail told me 'the guy left.' Soon after she said another fixer was there probably doing the same thing as we had planned, as i later thought - when i got the /tell 'Cyborg Fixer,' i triggered the quest and made my way out of old athen to the west athen grid terminal to use the fixer grid and get started on the 3 borgs - 9 minute intervals between the contacting of each..however, on my way out i saw the same atrox omni fixer run by me;

"Cya later, alligator!"

It hit me that time, that there's no way he couldve gotten here that fast, and that the fixer was watching the spawn for me - i knew i had to go real fast before someone else got there to put all my work to shame, as the mobs disappear upon the quest's completion.

In the fixer grid i saw blue, white, and orange dots all over the place. going in the same exits, fixers running around all over the place. At the first spawn i saw a yalm hovering above, a name i didn't recognize from earlier - 153 fixer. another one to compete with - i had to keep in mind these mobs STAY spawned not when you give them the item you need to give them, but only when the quest is completely done. I went to the second spawn and was happy to know that the only person sheffy saw was me. I gave the incomplete crystal to the borg and went back to SAV, going through the same exit to the 2nd as the first, i saw 2 more fixers in yalms heading the same direction, or of that sort as they seemed as though they were still trying to get a hang of the coords (i had done this beforehand). I raced in my yalm to the third borg, other fixers in my tabbing range, saw redtail wave to me as i gave the crystal, recieved the team grid crystal and she evac'd - one thing i missed was that upon completing the quest it spawns really high level mobs, i got a /tell about that about a moment before they spawned. i backed up, and the 2 fixers continued on, i don't know if they had their view distance turned down or the like, but one of them went head first into the boss mob that spawned and eaten alive. =)

Such a coincidence, i didn't know people tried to do this quest so much... But it sure is good to have friends

Thanks to: Butwalrus, AO stratics, hydeo, redtail, the mockers, sheffy, gridhound & the rest of my guild for the twisted enthusiasm

P.S. I was so happy i took off the grid armor, went full agg and flew right into the cluster of boss mobs that spawned afterwards
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Nobody understands your :S

I know I sure don't.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I just sat here for about 2 minutes trying to contort my lips to look like a sideways S without using my hands.

I failed.

Muahaha.... oh wait. I thought you gonna tell the story how i whooped of you in MMD! Hmm, wait, you won, argh. I'll get you next time. No fair, sodliers run outta nanno after only 25 minutes on constant healing.
    Must get Aug Fury... Boosted ain't cutting it

Originally posted by Sheffy
    I just sat here for about 2 minutes trying to contort my lips to look like a sideways S without using my hands.

I failed.
    lolol

I just spent 2 minutes laughing my ass off at the thought of you trying to do that, sheff =)

Get cheeze to try. He's one of the 'freakz' or 'whorez' right? lol
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Heh, I think the sum total of my help was directing you to the mockers spoiler, but you're welcome
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Ya know.... there IS a grid terminal in Old Athen

: S
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill