Thread: Combat System

Combat System

SPAMcrit_tables.pdf are 5 "Critical hit!" tables that have been corrected for Spacemaster RPG (pen-and-paper). Spacemaster is published by Iron Crown Enterprises. Does this make AO seem basic?

Critical hit!'s and Special Attacks could do more than just subtract health from a target. Such an attack could first be run through a formula that result in bodyparts (implant chart). A second formula could decide whether or not items, abilities and/or skills (relating to the part) would suffer a negative modification, either temporary or permanent.

Include some attack nanos in this system and make it work in PvP only. A change like this would certainly favor attack classes rather than support classes. It would however make support profession more valuable both on and off the battlefield. Each support class could get access to a new nanoprogram that works as an aura. Simply run up to the proper Support Class and your side effects will be removed.

Notum Wars .., ack! Theres no point writing this anyway.

Well the difference between pen and paper and a pseudo real time game are that one takes several millennium per attack turn and the other about 2-6 seconds so perhaps simple is better for AO where you don't have the time to worry about complex combat damage...plus many of the simpletons who play this game would probably be overly confused...

Though I do like some of the descriptions "Beam hits foes love handle, causing fat to boil away. He should thank you." is particularly good

Well they want PvP to last longer so that shouldn't be a problem, . It would also be a reason to rework the GUI and Chat Interface ..

Heh I take your point and yes I do actually like the look of it...shame its unlikely to happen but we could hope I guess

I cant remember which one it is, but one of he new MMORPGs comming out uses ICE's crit tables for combat.