Thread: Time to fix nanomage breed?

Time to fix nanomage breed?

The feedback you got on the 14.6 nanobreed changes make it pretty clear that nanomages need more than just a slightly larger nano pool to make a viable alternative to solitus.

Homo nano is supposed to be the best breed for casters, who tends to spend a lot of nano, which means that more nano isn't such a bad idea. As long as the other breeds refill their nanopool with the same speed as nanomage, however, there is just no point in having a larger nanopool..

I therefore suggest you take away the extra nanopool that was given to NM in patch 14.6, and give the breed an innate 10%-15% nanocost reduction instead.

More nano alone is no good if you don't live to use it. Max life is a lot more important than most things in this game, and nanomages need more than just some extra nano to set them apart from the other breeds.

Since it's supposed to be the caster breed of choice, how about some advantage at nanoformula execution? A moderate 10%-20% reduction in casting and recharge times would benefit all casters, regardless of level and equipment..

Third.. There's no decent armor for nanomage casters. Carbonum wouldn't be too bad with other requirements (agility is too expensive at lower levels, while stamina is capped too low at higher levels - nanomage needs int/psy armor!) and hp + nanoskill modifiers. (don't forget ncu/nanoinit, though..)

/Buurn

Why not Give Atrox 10-15% Damage reduction

Why not give Opifex 10-15% Evade chance

Why not give Solitus /flip /flip /flip /flip /flip

Seriously, what you ask is too much. A doc with that, GPH, a decent crunch and PNH would CH forever and ever and ever.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

not only do u have more nano but your int psy are cheaper and cap higher. Still... nanomage could use a lil somethin somethin.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

noooo

*looks around for the deacon nervously*
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Rußirango
    Why not Give Atrox 10-15% Damage reduction

Why not give Opifex 10-15% Evade chance

Why not give Solitus /flip /flip /flip /flip /flip
    /flip then, as you ask for it

10%-15% nanocost reduction obviously isn't quite as unbalancing as your suggestions. There's already multiple items with that kind of modifiers in-game, and there seems to be more for each new patch.

Seriously, what you ask is too much. A doc with that, GPH, a decent crunch and PNH would CH forever and ever and ever.
    Seriously... I don't see the issue here. Care to elaborate?

/Buurn

Edit: Deleted as it was just blackhole negative.
    Last edited by Xolus; Jan 14th, 2003 at 01:34:24.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Re: noooo

Originally posted by Blackwing
    *looks around for the deacon nervously*
    Heh. I can still kick most solitus' asses in the arena, so I guess I won't b**** too much. Less hp = less damage taken (the 40% rule). Less damage taken=less for my pet to heal up. Since my hp sucks butt, a 40% hp hit ain't actually that much damage and is healed up hella quick by my 100% healing pet and first aid stims. I dunno, maybe that's it. There's got to be an explanation for arena success, it sure as f*** can't be my gimpy profession. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how I win.

But instead of nanocost reduction, how about a higher nano delta at least? And Atrox should get higher hp delta..

....or how about we don't bring this issue up anymore hehehe? Seriously, what's done is done. I see like twenty people with knives and bondage gear reading this thread right now....Yeah you, the one in the leather straps....call me later and we'll have some fun, k?

As long as I still kick the crap out of half the professions in 1 on 1, I don't much care what they do

700 or so more nanopool with a 45% nanoreduction and triple implanted nano regen means I'm going to nuke the living s*** long after the competition is dry. I'm like the goddamned energizer bunny. By the time I lay into an opponent with burst and stun them once, I've got like 400 nano regenerated already

But I would like nanomage females to have larger than average tig ol bitties and bigger booties however. And I would like to trade my existing pets for personal nanomage female pets. One could ***** slap my foe, the other could 'juice me up' and the other one could rip off her top to stun the enemy for a few seconds. Yeah, that would rock.
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jan 14th, 2003 at 01:35:54.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Well

nanomage is still the best prof for casters since of all the nice items got nanomage as rec(PvH vest and Shades)

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Re: Re: noooo

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    There's got to be an explanation for arena success, it sure as f*** can't be my gimpy profession. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how I win.
    Could it be they are put off by the glint in your eyes as you catch sight of their feet?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance