Thread: Guild?

Guild?

So I'm running around trade out of boredom (I think I was looking for clusters, i'm too pissed off to remember right now) with my level 1 automaton, and I see an NPC citizen guy. now I know it's "wrong" to kill a random person, but it's a game, so stfu.

I sent my bot in to attack whilst pressing T, just to find out that the NPC is level 10, and would kick my poor bot's ass. I run in and kill the guy quick, then start running away, and BAM. It happens.

Mini-Shover : Health: 100% Nano: 100% NCU: 0/9 Position: 323,224 Fighting: Alex Cordiero
    You hit Alex Cordiero for 89 points of Brawl damage.
    You hit Alex Cordiero for 194 points of melee damage.
    You can loot these remains..
    You received 59 credits from the corpse.
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Grupert: fixer gone for there
    To [Khaln]: Remains of Alex Cordiero
    Seppubot's pet, Mini-Shover : Host system lost. Attempting to reconnect...
    Brawling skill available..
    Nanoprogram Essence of Behemoth terminated...
    You lost 2192181 xp.
    Changing area. Please wait.
    Entering 'Omni-1 Entertainment'
    Mini-Shover : I'm ready to serve you...
    Mini-Shover : Host system lost. Attempting to reconnect...
    Seppubot's pet, Mini-Shover : Reconnection successful. Bond to host re-established.

Out of nowhere I die. I'm rightfully pissed off, correct? so first off I start yelling about it to khaln (who as you see, I was talking to)

Then I decided to vent a bit on the guild chat.

[Pet]: Your petition is classified as Lost XP. We are pleased to inform you that we can now reimburse lost IPs
    > if we can confirm that you have lost experience due to a server crash (we cannot reimburse xp lost due to
    > disconnects). If for other reasons do not need to speak to an ARK/GM please don't forget to /petition delete
    > this petition.
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Seppubot: That was the lamest thing to every happen to me in AO
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Seppubot: I was walking, and randomlmy I died
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Seppubot: RANDOMLY, I was in TRADE, couldnt have been ganked
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Seppubot: no guards hitting me
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Emtdoc: initiating attack on storm base in dav to pull some of the attacker
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Rebbeca: don't kick
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Rebbeca: base is held now
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Seppubot: there wasnt even a "you have died from weapon damage!" thing
    [RHD Black Watch Regiment] Rebbeca: sep quit spamming, if you are bored come to sfh

what the ****?!?! I put up with this **** all the time, I get ignored or yelled at by the 'important' people in the guild. Earlier today I asked what the lowest QL cluster I could fit into a QL200 implant was, because I forgot. NO responses. At all.

When I log on, like 2 people say hi, and it's usually the people I knew before I joined the guild.

if I ever want to do ANYTHING, I get ignored.
    "Hey guys wanna kill <mob>"'s response is always "NO" or "NO WE'RE CAMPING <some soldier mob>"

I'm a pretty nice guy, it's not like I did anything blatently wrong for people to dislike me, so why am I constantly ignored?

after the "sep quit spamming" comment, I decided I wanted to leave RHD. I thought of where I was gonna go

MoK? No, too strict
    Legion? I'd probably never get in
    Guildless? No, not as much fun
    A Small guild? the guild I made was boring :/
    Random RP guild? Haaaaaa

So what the hell? what guild do I join?

if anyone has a pretty recognized guild they can get me into with a lot of great people (that isnt all like "EVERYTHING GOES TO THE GUILD! YOU CANT SELL ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!"), post it here..

thanks in advanced...

-Sepp.
    Last edited by Seppubot; Jan 12th, 2003 at 20:44:04.
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Arion is the guild im in, we broke away from CAS about 2 months ago, were pretty large, mostly friends, 150+ If youd like to meet the folks your more then welcome, only thing is, were clan :P so you would need to switch.. hhehe

When our base is 75% gone and we are just trying to hold it, any questions not concerning that are just disruptive. If you don't want to contribute to the org, you should leave.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Why is it that everything is now about PvP.. its wrong to not desire to go kill yourself? Engis especially are useless in PvP, dont ***** at the man for talking during a battle, hes allowed some peace

About 75% of our base was destroyed in a clan attack today of around 30 clanners. The part where he comes on is pretty soon after we gain control of the area, but still where we are in danger of additional attacks. At this point I need to use the channels strictly for communication purposes so I can get the info I need and relay it to others. I realize my comments were not the best, but you have to understand the circumstances we are under. We are a pretty friendly laid back org.. except when hordes of clanners are trying to take out our base.
    Last edited by Rebbeca; Jan 13th, 2003 at 01:43:48.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Seppubot, given the situation it was indeed "spam." When we're under attack the last thing we care about is somebody dying in trade. Nobody was harsh about it; Rebbeca just asked you to stop. You proved this yourself by copying the chat. If something so minor bothers you I fear you'll never find a guild that satisfies your needs. Good luck in your search.

it's nice how my guild trolls the eng forums...

If you don't want to contribute to the org, you should leave.
    I dont want to turn this into a whine about how engies suck..
    but how CAN I contribute? Engineers CAN'T pvp unless they're an uber high level. And I think I said I was leaving already..

If something so minor bothers you I fear you'll never find a guild that satisfies your needs.
    I made it pretty obvious that's not the only reason I'm leaving.

Videlle, I'd love to join your guild. Actually wish I was clan right now.. oh well

/org leave
    /tell Numeric

looks like I was removed from the guild before I could type that.
    /tell Numeric

TRIPLE POST#!@

I think I'm gonna try to get into Hydra, because I know some people in it...

by the way, I'm not discouraging anyone from joining RHD, it's just that I don't like a lot of the attitude in the guild channel. Go ahead and join, there's a lot of cool people there.
    /tell Numeric

I wish you good luck on your search. May I suggest that in your next guild you might actually want to participate in guild activities so that people actually get a chance to know you.

Btw, I'm sorry we couldn't get your engie armor from the one soon enough to meet your needs. May it serve you well in your future travels.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

I asked for The One raids ALL the time, even after I had my armor. I know how to kill The One, so i try to get people going there for fun.

And about the 'events', I'm sorry i can't PvP and I'm sorry I sleep past 9am on weekends (even though I miss raids on random soldier mobs), and I'm especially sorry I do stuff on saturdays so I miss meetings.

By the way:
    www.pixelred.com/sepp/sepph.jpg
    /tell Numeric

Talking haha

Wahh... you took it to the heart.. sucks it had to be like that but paste the chat on boards and then take a screenshot of new org you in... funny Sheeit.... Wahhh
    Spacecakes, 200 Enforcer
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Re: haha

Originally posted by Spacecakes
    Wahh... you took it to the heart.. sucks it had to be like that but paste the chat on boards and then take a screenshot of new org you in... funny Sheeit.... Wahhh
    I was showing what happened. Took the screenshot in response to zero's "If something so minor bothers you I fear you'll never find a guild that satisfies your needs. Good luck in your search." post.

BTW do you RHD guys have nothing better to do than troll the eng forums?
    /tell Numeric

Re: Re: haha

Originally posted by Seppubot

I'm sorry but I have to defend my org from one sided accusations and tried to show the context from which my comments were made. Next time see how you act when you have to juggle 3 chat channels and /tells. Then you'll see what it's like to be a leader in this game and how hard it is to communicate in sending and recieving the information needed.

As such, this should never even been posted on this board and I can only hope a moderater will delete this thread.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

Re: Re: haha

Originally posted by Seppubot

Anything that concerns RHD concerns me, I don't care where it is or who said it.

RHD is one of the friendliest, most helping guilds I know. I've been in it forever, and honestly, I have to step in here and defend it.

Seppubot, bringing this to the forums only reflects badly on you. If you had a concern, or ANY problems, resolving it ingame with one of us would have been so much better.

One of the things we stressed time and time again was more communication ingame, and in our forums. If you had an issue, a problem, talking to one of us would have been much better. During a time when it was not so hectic (ie. a clan attacking our base) if you wanted to talk to one of us about it, we'd be all ears. I can personally vouch for that. A guild is a two-way stream; yes you should be able to get help, etc. when you need it, to chat and stuff, but you need to realize that sometimes it's also good to respect when someone says "Please stop spamming". Sure, it might be a little rude, and we apologize for that; however, in the midst of an attack, it's a little hectic and you type as fast as you can. It's nothing personal. We don't even force you to come PVP if you don't want to....

It doesn't help that the chat interface in AO is horrendous; it's sometimes very difficult to see what people type when you're in a mission, at a raid, etc.

Of course, you could have voiced your concerns at our guild meetings....but wait, you didn't show up to them. Okay, even that's understandable, why didn't you post on our guild forums?

Then there's the whole issue of the One. Basically, you'd log on at any given time, just send out a shout to everyone "Anyone up for the One"....

First off, we need the right people to be on. We are willing to do these raids, but we need to coordinate them. All we asked is that you asked in advance!!! We even had a Specific Raid forum for you to post your request and we would have done it. Then, finally when we did get a bunch of RHD members at your beck and whim, you had the audacity to say that you didn't even need us! Sure, you organized the raid and you got some friends as well to help out, that's good for you. But how dare you say that you didn't need us? Why be in our guild in the first place?

Unfortunately, due to timing, I couldn't make this raid. I apologize. So what happens the minute I log on? "Hey Sparkyd, check this out!! <insert piece of crap engineer armour here> ! EAT THIS!!"

Do you call that being friendly? What kind of inane 3 year old talk is that? Am I mad? You bet.

What I'm about to say now doesn't necessarily reflect the viewpoint of my guild, but you never ONCE offered to help out in ANYTHING. Not even once. We never asked you do anything, we understand the issues that engies have; we didn't ask you to PvP in tower battles, etc. But hey, it's okay, you don't have to PvP; but you can understand that others in the guild want these towers and bases up and in that moment of crisis when you choose to vent your frustration (which is genuine and I understand it), all we needed was a little understanding!

You say that you didn't know anyone in the guild. Instead of teaming with us, however, you chose to do single missions all day by yourself, never participate in any guild activities, never offer to help with anything.....you call that being in a guild? I've seen inactive characters be a part of and contribute more to a guild than you.

Being in a guild is a two-way stream; yes, there are benefits and we are always willing to help out. If people don't respond, it's not that people are purposefully ignoring you or that it's anything personal. The chat interface is difficult to follow and with Funcom adding more and more chat spam into each patch, it's very difficult. Hell, you could have sent tells, waited a bit, posted on our guild forums....

Well, I'm done with this now. I sincerely hope that you do find a guild that suits your needs.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Oh man.. can you guys go moan somewhere else?

As for seppu : If you don't like the ignoring you get start your own guild and recruit people who will answer or as you did join another. Whine somewhere else this isnt a engi issue as much as it is a issue for youself.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Originally posted by Elbo
    Oh man.. can you guys go moan somewhere else?

As for seppu : If you don't like the ignoring you get start your own guild and recruit people who will answer or as you did join another. Whine somewhere else this isnt a engi issue as much as it is a issue for youself.
    I agree with you. This isn't the place for it. As I indicated at the beginning of my post.

However, as long as this thread remains (until hopefully a moderator can move it or delete it...), I will continue to defend my guild.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

I got to bed and come back to find like 50000 posts from you guys, just let this thread DIE. I said RHD wasnt bad, I just didnt get along with some people.
    /tell Numeric