Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking advantage of a design flaw == exploit!

Krabbus:

Your not serious are you? When the tower goes boom, the area returns to 75%...

And then you have the cooldown period.

And its half a zone from the nearest reclaim term. I could get from 0HP rez in Belial, to the norteastern tip of PW in 20 minutes. Sure your able to as well? The org in question was a 3 man contruct, the placer in question was lvl 140ish from what I understand.

Perhaps the fact that only two orgs had grid access in EFP was the thing that tipped the scales yesterday?

And guys? Its a freaking GAME! Play fair, I do

So, you hear of someone doing something blatantly unethical, and you despise them for it. Next time you get to fight for a base, you do the unethical thing because you heard of the "enemy" doing it before? Now, does that make you better or worse than those scum who did that? If you are going to do the same as someone else, try not to make it out to be a bad thing, as it puts you in the same bad light as the originators.

And VotC do not sploit. I will not go into Honour and all that crapola, just believe we do not like sploits and would rather let Omni have a base that is not rightfully ours, if it came to that.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Uhm, we would of course come back the next day

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Krabbus:

Your not serious are you? When the tower goes boom, the area returns to 75%...
    I really haven't noticed, since we put up our tower right away after we have destroyed the controller... I know it stays 25% one hour after that, but are u saying it's 75% zone gas when you destroy the controller? That has to be an error in gamedesign?

I know, this is a big problem in low level towerwars But, you really should organize the raid so the ones that claim the land disable the shields - this way will u prevent this to happen!
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Krabbus:

If the attacker puts down a controller when they destroy the old, yes it goes to 25%. But you see, the defender is not PvP-flagged/at war So the base will be 100% if the defender put up a controller. It would be the same if a player from a org that did not damage/attack any towers placed a controller, it would go 100%.

When the controller is down, the area resumes its ambient gas level. So if the area normally is 75%, it goes to 75%, if your out in the stret somewhere, it will probably go to 100%.

Perhaps there should be a drop of gas to 0 or 5% when a controller is destroyed? At least you wouldn't get the ninja situtation then. But perhaps, *the strongest wins* would create just as many blehbleh posts

About disabling the shields. Once the shields are down, everyone on the raid get his damage registered, and the only org that can place the controller right away is the org that did most damage. Some orgs rely on dimplomatic skills and organizing raids, other are there helping cause they want to. And the strongest ally in a raid will most likely have a controller of that class already. See the problem then?
    Last edited by Snublefot; Jan 14th, 2003 at 14:58:18.

Taking this further, what happens if you have mult-org collaboration and crowd control? Add a sprinking of lag and LD an dyou have a recipe for disaster. No way could you be sure you were outdamaging in order to get the land. Especially when the other orgs helping WANT you to have that land!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Isoldei
    I feel I need to answer this thread since the guild who placed a tower was Last Hope. What happened within knowlege of LH members was we say Eden was under attack...joined chat and were just trying to get people there to assemble for defense. Tium and I were there and I was just waiting at a location waiting to join defense. Tium was scouting and sent me a tell that controller was down. I wandered in to the area and remember getting tell from Armaklaesy something like "here to ninja?" to which I replied no. At that time I disagreed with something happening in chat and left it, moved from area and gridded. LH as well as some other guilds had gone on full defensive again and so I was not going to be involved in any counter attack plans. I had NO IDEA Teuf had terminated tower, I do not think Tium did either, report was plenty of clan there, I assumed they managed to take it down fast. THERE WAS NO PLAN TO EXPLOIT. Also Tium was also getting messages that land was not in state of peace so had same opportunity clan did. As far as I know it is within rules for ANY org to place at that time. And so yes I will do it every chance I get, done it before, and will do it again, until I am told it is against the rules. This is WAR, Omni is fighting just to keep people awake, online, and active. I didn't want base for myself as I know we could not defend it so I held it until I could allow another to place. This is an issue you should have against FC not Omni, it's what the rules are...not even a bug.
    I have term'd one base. That was the base in SFH that used to sit on top of the hill. And yes it is funny to see them spam plant trying to get a tower down.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12