Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanna laff ?

Originally posted by Riokou
    No.
    Go back a year.
    Exactly.
    Would it kill FC to spend an hour or so updating its web site so that people can know the correct information about the profession they are about to choose?

Heys guys, I just moved from somewhere actually north of Edmonton. Been living in Iqaluit, baffin Island, Nunavut for the last 4 years. Nice to see more crazy canucks.

heh, it's amazing how fast the 2nd tier and support proffs shut up when a soldiers ask's to do tradeskills too.

But no, the minute a soldier says they should be better at pvp, AND pvm, at ANY form of combat then a 2nd teir proff like fixers or mps, or a support proff like traders and docs and engi's. That's when they start whining about how everyone has to be good at combat.

So I'm going to say it again here. If the non front line proffs HAVE to be as good at combat as my proff, well then I want access to the tradeskill side of things too. I want a skill change and some buffs so that I too can build my own implants, I want to be able to manufacture and use the highest ql towers. I want to be able to build armor and weapons and other equipment. I want to be able to make first aid kits and the like.

Equality for all .

/sarcasm... kinda
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni
    heh, it's amazing how fast the 2nd tier and support proffs shut up when a soldiers ask's to do tradeskills too.

But no, the minute a soldier says they should be better at pvp, AND pvm, at ANY form of combat then a 2nd teir proff like fixers or mps, or a support proff like traders and docs and engi's. That's when they start whining about how everyone has to be good at combat.

So I'm going to say it again here. If the non front line proffs HAVE to be as good at combat as my proff, well then I want access to the tradeskill side of things too. I want a skill change and some buffs so that I too can build my own implants, I want to be able to manufacture and use the highest ql towers. I want to be able to build armor and weapons and other equipment. I want to be able to make first aid kits and the like.

Equality for all .

/sarcasm... kinda

So basicly you just wan't to have the option of one breed and one profession with all the skills green?

I know alot of the different gameplay issues should be different, don't get me wrong.

Since the whole game is based on killing stuff to get xp it can't be much different than today. The different breed and profession choises are a matter of play style, and provides a litle variety to the game. The reason for this is that maybe everyone doesn't want to play the same way and to reach a larger audience by providing different ways of killing stuff

If you want to have the option of tradeskilling as a soldier, triple implant all your tradeskills, get outside buffs to reach those hard to get numbers, and put heaps and heaps of ip into your darkblue skills like other proffessions do in their darkblue weaponskills;D
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

can i laugh yet?
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

bah, you two really fail to see my point? Sometimes I just gotta shake my head.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Raad

Exactly.
    Would it kill FC to spend an hour or so updating its web site so that people can know the correct information about the profession they are about to choose?

Yeah well the problem is, they updated it to FALSE Information, they had chances to correct this two times and failed.

Re: Wanna laff ?

Originally posted by Infamine
    " The Soldier is the master of firearms, and the pillar of any combat squad. He has a huge potential for dealing damage at long range, and the health to withstand being on the receiving end. The Soldier is lacking in most other fields though, but with the use of the proper nano programs he is so effective at dishing out damage, that anything else becomes insignificant. "

Quoted from http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...6/soldier.html
    Actually I think that description is very acurate. For the life of me I can't understand why soldiers in such numbers constantly complain, they genuinely seem to be under the impression they are gimped somehow. Soldiers make excellent team mates with their combat prowess and attractive buffs. Soldiers are top notch in towers pvp and the only profession who can actually tank numberous opponents and expect to get away with it. (well, apart from docs that is )

I think that some of the disgruntlement is caused by the opinion they share with many playing the so called "combat classes" (IMO all classes are combat classes); that they should be superior to anyone in combat. To a large extent they are superior, but in an almost exclusively combat based game, there must be cross profession combat balance. Some support classes; doctors and traders foremost, have disrupted that balance over a period of time. But traders have had their pvp ability curtailed, first with the heal nerf/fix and later the crit nerf affected that profession harder than most. Consequently traders are a lot closer to acheiving balance than ever before in my experience. Certainly traders make deadly duelists, but in towers pvp they can be swiftly dispatched. Only doctors (and probably NTs) really outshine soldiers in towers pvp, though an assault with EQB enforcers is NASTY.

The point of my reasoning being, you can't give much love to a profession already that good in pvp (ofcourse non-pvp related aspects could be adressed), without foregoing of what I consider vital to the enjoyment of all professions in the long run, balance.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 18th, 2003 at 13:31:00.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12