Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna laff ?

Talking Wanna laff ?

" The Soldier is the master of firearms, and the pillar of any combat squad. He has a huge potential for dealing damage at long range, and the health to withstand being on the receiving end. The Soldier is lacking in most other fields though, but with the use of the proper nano programs he is so effective at dishing out damage, that anything else becomes insignificant. "

Quoted from http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...6/soldier.html
    Infamine 200 soljah

Talking

See! Thats why I picked Soldier! Lying Funcom!

Now look at this one!

"Roll up, roll up! You won't find a better profession than the Trader! Discounts, wares and credits galore. I tell no lie! I will even give you my no questions asked, 100 percent, money-back guarantee, and you can't beat that. Are you considering joining the trading business? Great choice. As a Trader you'll have access to materials and wares all across Rubi-Ka at the very best prices. That Soldier needs an implant created? Buy cheap, sell high. That Fixer needs a gun made? Buy cheap, sell high. That Nano Technician needs a nano crystal? Hehe, you've got it; buy cheap, sell high. The market is your oyster. But say, you look like you have an itchy trigger finger. No problem. Give us a gun and we'll use it alright, but let us use our nano programs and I'll take some of an enemy's skills and give them back to me. And I won't even charge them for it! He-he. Hey, I'll even swap minds with an enemy and control them that way. For no added cost, I'll increase the armor and skills of a friend through the sacrifice of my own skills. Hey, that's what we do; make transactions. So, how about it then? Become a Trader and be your own one-person shopping complex. Become one in 5 minutes and I'll even include this set of nano-sharpened Bronto Burger knives!"

Overview
    The Trader is an unorthodox profession, the name coming from both the affinity for trade skills and the more symbolic trading or swapping of skills, health and more. He is at home in a team, as his sacrifices through nano programs are very valuable to his companions. The Trader is a very complex profession, and a very social one.

Strong fields
    Trade skills

Nano formula skills

Weak fields
    All combat

esciption for a Trader.

I think ingame, the only thing that can come close to what a soldier can do in one alphastrike is an agent crit strike. You guys are getting a suit of armor that add 100 to AllOff Im pretty sure youre gonna outdamage Enforcers when they nerf QB speed.

Originally posted by Insida
    I think ingame, the only thing that can come close to what a soldier can do in one alphastrike is an agent crit strike. You guys are getting a suit of armor that add 100 to AllOff Im pretty sure youre gonna outdamage Enforcers when they nerf QB speed.
    well, yea... soldiers can unload a pretty big alpha strike. You forgot to mention that just about anyone at high levels can do the exact same thing.

And I guess we'll see how much +100 attack rating helps those small number of soldiers who get this suit too .

But really... a little early to be declaring us the next uber proff isn't it?
    Last edited by Sredni; Jan 13th, 2003 at 06:51:55.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I bet on a overall basis all the bios dont match the class, look at the fixer.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Fixer is quite inacurate. Everyone can use the grid, alot of people have warp nano. And the last but not the least, they say we are the fastest but we arent

Originally posted by Insida
    Fixer is quite inacurate. Everyone can use the grid, alot of people have warp nano. And the last but not the least, they say we are the fastest but we arent

No.
    Go back a year.

Maybe im wrong here but I think Funcom just didnt do all they hoped with this game. This game is about killing be it NPC or PvP. Not much else to do. Traders cant set up shop in Rubi-Ka nor can Crats allow you to do things you normally coudn't yourself. ie: For a small fee forge some documents to switch sides. If it is indeed a game made for war then why have these profs at all. I think the simple task of renaming these profs from the start would help with *some* of the whining dont you think?

Have to agree. There is no other things to do but to kill others. Who really lives by simple trading? It can be done, but who really does it?? And idea of burocrat forging documents... i love it

heh, well considering all these people agreeing that all there is to the game is combat (and thusly explaining why soldiers are no better at fighting then fixers or traders) I propose that soldiers get buffs and skill color changes to enable us to delve into the tradeskill side of things!

Yes a few simple buffs and and a few simple skill tweaks and we're on our way to making implants, and building treatment surgeury thingys, constructing armor and weapons, and building and installing towers. Yes yes, sounds good to me.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Its an excellent point. Half the professions aren't built for "fighting" but when the entire game revolves around killing be it PvM or PvP then they needed to make everyone combat classes regardless of what the stupid original concept was.

like sredni said..

you look at traders as a prime example. every trade i meet tells me that they are not a tradeskill class and that they should be able to compete in pvp just like everyone else... fine.

why then, do they have green tradeskill bar? and blue weapon bar? why then do they have buffs that focus alot on tradeskills and almost no buffs (almost) that focus on pure combat and defense?

this doesnt make alot of sense, why cannot soldeirs be also really good at tradeskills? i mean we are the opposite. we have dark blue tradeskills, and the highest percentage of green attack skills (i think maybe enf but close) as well, every single.. every damn buff we have is focused on pure offense and pure defense.

sure a wrangle is a offensive buff but it raises just about everything.. having side effects that help in other things. whereas soldier buffs like rrfe, auto target. AC buffs etc. help ONLY in combat and defense.

why can't soldeirs and enforcers be good at tradeskills? if a trader or engie or whatnot can have the ability to destroy me in pvp i want the ability to make tradeskill items too.

just pointing this out to all those ppl who say class description means nothing.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

And another thing...

If a proffesion that uses 'nanos' to kill can use a weapon, good enough to kill others.

And let me tell you I have seen a nt beat someone with justa gun, ofcourse he got extremely lucky. But some of them are able to cap the hp damage with a special.

So where my choice to spend stupid amounts of dark blue for my combat nanos.
    Last edited by Rioko; Jan 14th, 2003 at 02:09:51.

I'd just like to interject into this debate a few simple facts...

Edmonton sucks! Sherwood Park PWNS! HA! *cackle*

wow... I'm all giddy for some reason. don't blame me for this nonscensical post! it's the sugar talkin! ...mmmmmCake*drools*

by HH Munro

lol are u from sherwood park? that would be kinda creepy.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

it is kinda weird knowing that someone ingame lives in the same town you do isn't it (or almost the same town). But when you think about it, out of over 800 thousand people living in Edmonton (it's a big city for canada , quit laughing you yanks ) it'd be kinda weird to be the only one.

by HH Munro

lol thats kinda strange yeah. well i live in the north side of the city. we should meet up sometime lol, discuss who to nerf and stuff lol.

my uncle lives in sherwood park, go out there from time to time, but the place is like a borg city, everythings the same...

but yeah, lol we should meet up at a bar, i got another freind who used to play AO but quit now.. hes the one that got me started : )
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Haha, most all of those descriptions are off, some by a bit, some by a ton. You want a laugh? Read the meta one. Whenever we get too depressed over there in the meta forums, we post that, and laugh ourselves back into happiness. Then we get even more depressed.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

did someone say canadia ?

hahahahhahahaha

eh? eh? eh? eh?

...sorry...bored...at...school...

byebye now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast