Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Information needed about "Temple of Three Winds" and "Inner Sanctuary"

No.. thats currently on the test server. So its not on live yet.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

You know what really pisses me off?? putting no drop items in dungeon i can no longer and will never be able to access anymore. That pisses me off more then anything else in the game,

I kinda agree with KrazyKanuck, nodrops in a dungeon they won't let me enter sucks.

I remember hunting around the temple (before they nerfed the hunting there for no reason), and we all wandered all over the place, crawled over the altar, tried to go in the enterance, climbed the stone thingys. If the temple had been there when I was that level I would have explored it and found the spiffy items. Level locking it now and putting nodrop stuff in sucks.

The crap should be tradeable, then the nubes (and twinks) could sell the loot to highbies. Fun and profitable for em.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni
    The crap should be tradeable, then the nubes (and twinks) could sell the loot to highbies. Fun and profitable for em.
    You mean, twinked alts could farm them in batches of 10 and sell them in the market channel for several mil apiece, like happens with the Ring of the Nucleus Basalis huh?
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Originally posted by Shatai
    *eyes start widening slightly as he remembers where this is*

I explored out around there a while back, and thought that place was so cool. Nicely done, and a little spooky with the wind and setup that I remember. The only disappointing thing was that there wasn't anything to do out there
    Actually, about nine months to a year ago this was a major hunting ground. Teams in their 20s would hunt bot mountain, and when they felt strong enough they would venture northward to the area around the temple to fight the human mobs there -- keeping a wide berth of spiders until they finally were confident enough and strong enough to tackle one. Eventually they would grow strong enough to venture westward to Shades.

The area was so popular that people often went out to the outpost without a team and could count on finding one there.

I miss those days.

A few months ago I took a RL friend out to Temple to show him the ways of outdoor hunting. He totally loved it. With the music providing ambience, the moody lighting of night, the necessity of having situational awareness at all times, the movement of the team not determined by following the next door, and the ability of different professions to more fully show their special talents, it all added up to a very immersive experience.

Frankly I don't know whether I would have stuck with AO for so long if it wasn't for the experiences and variety provided by outdoor hunting like this, from Bot Mountain to Temple to Shades to NW Mines and Nanofreak Valley. Team missions really dealt such hunting a grievous wound, one that boss camps and borgs dropping CDS really hasn't been able to fully heal. The experiences are still out there, I just wish it wasn't so hard to get others to share in them.

Sometimes, when the moon is bright, I'll still wander out solo to some wild corner of the world and listen to the sounds of nature and the music of the night and be transported back to the time that really got me hooked on AO. Kind of interesting being so nostalgic for a time that was less than a year ago.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Arrow

"Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Bima
    ... I miss those days. ...
    ditto on the whole sentiment

darn, lvl 79 right now and was kinda looking forward to this dungeon... alas

What is the other new dungeon lvls for? is there a lvl cap on that too?

and why would they need to boot u out if you are level 70 when all the loot is nodrop... makes very little sense.

Originally posted by Stimmed
    What is the other new dungeon lvls for? is there a lvl cap on that too?
    Minimum level 125.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Everyone calm down about the nodrops , once the new high lvl dung is open we will confirm/deny the loot there .... i think it will drop in both Dungeons . (time will tell )

Yes, the DB does seem to have both high and low level versions of much of this stuff.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Outdoor hunting, yeah it was more or less all there was way back when, when asked where the new dungeon was after getting back on live my answer was one simple word...Temple...

Almost everyone in clan remembers it well, most of us made a lot of lvls out there and died often to the spiders, he he but we loved it.

Looks like a great dungeon for the under lvl60 players btw, nice work FC

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by Meister
    Well thanks.. but that doesnt help me at all
    LOL. *cough*sorry*cough*

Well anyway, is there a chance not to suffer from Alakhazam's nuisance that list and map everything in EQ at such a speed that you just don't have any desire to explore by yourself ?

THESE DUNGEONS ARE NOT EVEN LIVE !!

Let people explore them, discover new strategies and not just walk in full buffed with a map a red cross on where their next toy is dropping.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Bima
    Actually, about nine months to a year ago this was a major hunting ground. ...

The area was so popular that people often went out to the outpost without a team and could count on finding one there.

I miss those days.

It was one of the best spots in all of RK. If memory serves .. seems like the official 'excuse' for nerfing the spawn rate was that 'people were leveling too fast' or some drivel like that.

I miss it too

Kymmie

hehe any chance of a 70 to 125 dungeon opening soon
    losinwoods switched to sols after 80 lvls of pistols.
    patient0 still looking for his x-3
    robb3 killed my old crat and started a new one.

Arrow Even more loot

Originally posted by r0b
    hehe any chance of a 70 to 125 dungeon opening soon
    Well, starting with the Biomare which is fun from 50-70 you got:

Cyborg Dungeon - 60-80
    Smuggler's Den - 75-120
    Camelot - 80-150 (although ruined for dungeon crawling by the PvP)

You got Steps of Madness 30-50 at the low end.

Seems we are missing a 40-60'ish range place and a real 140+ place.

Got some news about Darxy and AO Compendium... Darxy has left AO and will not continue updating of AO Compendium. Instead, the Rubi-Ka Flora & Fauna bestiary on AO Stratics will be updated in the future by the AOS staff. We have received all website files from Darxy for use on AO Stratics, so our bestiary DB is up-to-date now.

Bye Darxy and thanks for the hard work you have put into AO Compendium. It will live on in our bestiary database here: http://ao.stratics.com/php-bin/besti...ry&welcome=yes
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Oh damn, Darxy left? Didn't even know... great job with that site Darxy...
    Kukulza proud unit member of Storm!!! - Equip - Perks
    Kuzap

K.U.K.U.L.Z.A.: Kinetic Upgraded Knight Used for Learning and Zealous Assassination

\m/ \m/

I remember when little Z first started out, his route soon became:

Oasis> Rhinoman Cokpit > Bot mountain > Temple > Shades.

These days when I play my lowbie alts, I can't find anyone to shear the good ol' times with, thx alot FC.
    ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast