Thread: Possible Solution to Over-Buffed Tower Attacks

Possible Solution to Over-Buffed Tower Attacks

Now that we've seen the nice root removers and virus scanners, how about making a tower that does something like that? How about it removes buffs who's ql is over the pvp range of it on people in its pvp range? I think it should pulse maybe once every 5-10 min so that at least it would be slightly more difficult to take out the towers.

Of course something like this shouldn't come without a rather large cost.

hm

or just get outside buffs or yer own. buffs are so easily to get so it shouldnt be any problems getting them if the attackers are outside buffd.
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

Some profs, traders and MPs in particular, often cost nanos with QLs that are way above their level. A change of this sort would be a nerf on those profs. It would also be a further nerf on those profs by throwing out the usefulness of casting mochams/wrangles on others.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Well I just noticed that a lot of people complain about the towers being too easy to take down under 200. I think most of this is due to the ease of getting progs used on you by high level mates. The other thing is that the defenders have very little time to organize a defense. I just think there should be more obstacles in the attacker's way. Am not trying to make anyone less useful.

Some profs, traders and MPs in particular, often cost nanos with QLs that are way above their level. A change of this sort would be a nerf on those profs. It would also be a further nerf on those profs by throwing out the usefulness of casting mochams/wrangles on others.>>

Tell me about it..

My MP cant buff his attack pet in tower zones because it says the pet is too high level for me.. :/

I think that might be a bug, least i hope it is.. Still haven't petitioned it though..

Anyone else had this problem? It would really suck if this happened with heal pets too, can you imagine your heal pet decide not to heal you because you were too low level while you were getting beat down?

I think they should disable the buffing/healing restrictions for your own pets..

Yes, the issue about buffing your own pets has been talked about on all the profession boards. Everything thinks FunCom messed that one up.

To my knowledge, FunCom has not yet admitted it's a bug.

[edit] I saw a post in the MP forum this morning that Cz has stated that this is a bug. Hopefully something will be done about it soon.
    Last edited by Hypos; Jan 15th, 2003 at 16:09:44.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops