Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About all the cries for Nerfs and Love

Unhappy About all the cries for Nerfs and Love

I'm getting more and more frustrated when I read the forums, everyone is crying out for a nerf for this and that profession, and love for their own profession.

I've played just about every profession there is, and to me, it looks like all professions have their strengths and weaknesses. Don't go cry for a nerf cause someone outdamages you, or because you can't kill someone from a certain profession.

PvP battles aren't really supposed to be a solo experience. Team up, use strategies. Most profession have their specific role in battles, play them.

Don't go crying nerf <insert all professions but mine>, give <my profession> love!

There's just no point arguing about who's the most gimped profession, or who's the most uber one is. As a engineer, I do not expect to OWN everyone and everything.
    But of course, a fulltime twink probably could own everything with any profession, except the one that has twinked his char just that itty bitty extra hitpoint.

But to me, and a lot of us out there, too much twinking removes the fun, and replaces them with simple mathematics.

Seem to have lost my thread somewhere, ummm..

My point is, if there ever was any, play the game, have fun, don't go around complaining that YOU need the most love of all.. Cause if you do, I might just have to hug you until you stop

HAVE FUN!

(Hopes this makes any sense to you...)
    Venturealot - 190 Adv
    Plixie - 141 Eng
    + a bunch of alts

At high levels when dealing with people that pretty much have the best loot they can get, its all about the equipment.

So, if one MA has every piece of uber MA loot and stuff that they can get and they still can't touch a fixer with GA MKIV then it changes from skill and gameplay mechanics to the idea that a weapon/item is too powerful and needs balancing.

Just my 2 cents though. I know I'm one of the most wanted classes in mass pvp but not wanted at all when it comes to taking down an enforcer. I think I may be taking my "balance" calling down a notch from now on.

Who knows though, because if enforcers get the "super enhanced queen blade" that hits for 900-4300(233) and hits for 1/2 I might have to go off again .

pevil, on that super enhanced blade, you forgot to add the sneak, fast, brawl and dimach attacks =\.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    So, if one MA has every piece of uber MA loot and stuff that they can get and they still can't touch a fixer with GA MKIV then it changes from skill and gameplay mechanics to the idea that a weapon/item is too powerful and needs balancing.
    That's my whole point, If you can't take someone down, team up, gang up on him/her/them. Use strategy!

I feel exactly the same way really, but when I sit down and think about it, I am not suppose to OWN everyone else =)

Glad to hear that you see my point tho =)
    Venturealot - 190 Adv
    Plixie - 141 Eng
    + a bunch of alts

In ref to both the MA vs fixer post and Plixie's, the solution there would be to team up with an NT with anti-GA nukes, I would think.
    ~Ralakan
    w0t0 Guild leader (No longer Retired )
    Chief Engineer, RK2

I've played just about every profession there is, and to me, it looks like all professions have their strengths and weaknesses.
    You hit the nail on the head. It really boils down to the player behind the character.

However, I do sympathize with those professions who suffer from bugs such as pathing - something which should have been fixed ages ago.

its in the human character to always whine and request the better...
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

I havent generally moaned about MA status in pvp. But at the moment the solution to killing anyone other than an MA is team with anyone whos not an MA.

So please forgive me if I continue to cry for some love on the pvp situation... I dont want to be uber but having a part in the rock paper scissors equation would be nice rather than being the all new category of mud which is owned by rock paper and scissors.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Having said that this sort of person posting what I can only see as unfounded information doesnt help us. Pvp is our only problem.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...51#post1026651
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    At high levels when dealing with people that pretty much have the best loot they can get, its all about the equipment.

Quite, especially with the very common superuber anti-GA nuke NTs got. If we stay we die, simple as that. It so ludicrously inbalancing that NTs even scramble over each other like vultures in their eagerness of an autokill. Atleast an MA has a fighting chance vs a smurf and should slaughter a fixer without the rarest item in the game. Nice and selective arguments there.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

You seem to be missing the point here..

Instead of trying to nerf someone, or force some love upon yourself. Try thinking on how to beat the opposition..

I hate to repeat myself, but, If you can't beat someone alone, GANK THEM!

(My comments here are for mass-pvp... The arena, to me, is a place to practice, nothing else)
    Venturealot - 190 Adv
    Plixie - 141 Eng
    + a bunch of alts

Originally posted by Seraphael

Nice and selective arguments there.
    That was an example, examples tend to be selective.

I agree with Plixie.

I agree with Plixie wholeheartedly.

People whine far too much. So, some moron twinked their character a little more than their own. That's how it goes.

And it won't get balanced. Hell, it shouldn't even be balanced. What would be the fun in that? I mean, there's a point with some professions being able to f.ex root while some other can't. Too bad if the melee swinger gets rooted and shot, then. If you're in an arena, you can pretty much choose what and who to fight anyhow .. You have your weaknesses, others have their strengths .. Some professions even have strengths that can take severe advantages over other profession's weaknesses, as it should be.

If the trouble is equipment, bah .. Just leave it. What if FC really did nerf the Grid Armor? Gods, just think about all the whining.

If you're not in the arena, you're probably at war. It depends on the situation of course, but usually there are no dirty tricks on the battlefield. Group up on'em, gank'em and make sure they go back to reclaim.

heh, I've been posting luv threads for a long time and I've quite wound down and I suppose I'll be stopping soon... tho mostly that's cause I've canceled . I really am tired of my proffession not matching it's description in the least.

For the most part I'm using this last months access to run my mouth off on the boards .

But happy day for you Plixie, there'l be one less Luv Post poster soon.

edit: Oh and just an FYI for ya'll. When someone posts a "Proff X needs luv" thread that doesn't mean proff Y and Z don't need luv as well. Proff X luv threads arn't attempting to usurp the limited luv supply in an attempt to screw prof Y and Z out of theirs. You Y and Z proffs really need to lighten up and get a little less paranoid.
    Last edited by Sredni; Jan 13th, 2003 at 17:40:33.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

What has been failed to mention here is that those who complain the most almost always have the same classes as mains. They, like NT's or the PET USERS for instance have had the "dangling bait" of some sort of proffesion fix held before their noses for a long time. Have you ever read some of the specific class forums? They vary wildly in the overall attitude. The NT's and Crats and Engies will cry about pvp or someone else having better tradeskills or something. But there are other class forums where the attitude is much more postive like Enforcer or Doc. It's that way for a reason.

I'm not trying to say that whining is good. I am saying that many people who play this game are young and will whine when they see something thats just plain messed up. There ARE drastic imbalances in this game. There ARE valid things to complain about and it's either complain in the forums or cry in ooc or quit the game. Personally while I hate the negitivity in some of these posts I would much rather skip over a whine post than have thesepeople quit the game. If enough people quit the game will die.

My whole point is that the whining serves it's own purpose. When people feel betrayed by something they love they want to talk about it with other people. Here is where they vent much of thier frustration.

It's the ones who whine the most that are probably most attached to their characters and the game. If they didn't they would just quit.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Originally posted by Sredni
    heh, I've been posting luv threads for a long time and I've quite wound down and I suppose I'll be stopping soon... tho mostly that's cause I've canceled . I really am tired of my proffession not matching it's description in the least.

For the most part I'm using this last months access to run my mouth off on the boards .

But happy day for you Plixie, there'l be one less Luv Post poster soon.

edit: Oh and just an FYI for ya'll. When someone posts a "Proff X needs luv" thread that doesn't mean proff Y and Z don't need luv as well. Proff X luv threads arn't attempting to usurp the limited luv supply in an attempt to screw prof Y and Z out of theirs. You Y and Z proffs really need to lighten up and get a little less paranoid.
    I've got to go with Plixie on this. Viewed objectively, there are few areas that need fixing. But not special attention.

MA drew the short stick on the crit change, no arguement. But I'm pretty certain there's no easy fix for it that wouldn't upset PvM balance. So MAs have to be patient while Funcom figures out a fix. Or they face the danger of getting nerfed in PvM to balance it out.

Engineers lack offensive power in PvP. Even with perfect pet pathing and AI, it's too easy to remove all of an engineer's offensive strength that doesn't come from his/her/its weapon. Maybe a summon nano of a different type: summons the target back to the pet (the nanocost would be used to keep the engineer from abusing it).

After that, viewed objectively, what's left? I play a Trader, a profession that has been virtually untouched since beta. And still I have to say that what's mostly needed are just bug fixes and tweaks. Anything else can be gotten from the normal additions to the game. The same goes for most of the other professions.

Funcom needs to focus on the game now. Not any one specific profession over another. And though you don't want to admit it, that's exactly what those calls of "gimme love" are: people saying "Focus on my profession insted of others". Because it's impossible for the developers to give every profession equal attention at the same time. Patches would take much longer to do so and the rest of the game would stagnate.

Just on a personal note: am I the only person that find something vaguely disturbing, almost to the point of being slightly pathetic, to come to a forum and beg people to give them love? I swear, Funcom has a knack for making people do some of the most debasing things to get more power (dual wielding cushions/pillows/toys, turning yourself into a giant smurf, ruse of taren/pronouncement of greatness)
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I must say I agree Plix!

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Smile

I'm not trying to get you guys to stop posting love posts, some professions do need some attention in some areas. Hey, my main is an engineer, you KNOW there's at least ONE thing I would like to have adressed (I just HAD to put that in there)

But my main reason I started this thread was that a lot of people are saying that X ownz Y in pvp, so nerf X and love Y.
    It's those kinds of arguments I would like to address..
    If you are Y, then get Z to help you gank X.. If that's not enough get the rest of the alphabet to help you ;-P

Stuff like nano lines being bugged, weapons bugged, or a specific feature about a profession is broken, should be discussed, and hopefully fixed. :-)

So stop arguing about who is the most gimped profession, and concentrate on beating the <insert your opposite faction>!

(Glad to hear that so many people are agreeing with me on this)
    Venturealot - 190 Adv
    Plixie - 141 Eng
    + a bunch of alts

I'm getting more and more frustrated when I read the forums, everyone is crying out for a nerf for this and that profession, and love for their own profession.

Welcome to play MMORPG, I assume this is your first one.

All player would like to have /set GODMODE = 1

That is never gonna change.

Originally posted by North

Welcome to play MMORPG, I assume this is your first one.
    Not really, but thanks anyway =)

All player would like to have /set GODMODE = 1
    Unfortunatly, yes, a lot of players would..

That is never gonna change.
    Nope, but you can't blaime a guy for trying now can you
    Venturealot - 190 Adv
    Plixie - 141 Eng
    + a bunch of alts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast