Thread: Item Org Bank

Item Org Bank

Would anyone else like to see an organization item bank similar to the org cred bank?

Put items in, such as med suits, ql 10 cusions, or sets of armor that you dont want that you think others could use. Type /org itembank and it brings up the same kind of inventory your own personal bank does.

Restrictions would have to be put in, like only one person allowed to use it at once or only certain ranks and such but I would like to see something like this put in.

While there are lots of bugs and exploits that devs should be considering before putting in new content, I'd still like to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Yeah, I would, funny I even posted about it, as I believe others did too.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...id=88887<br />
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

I'd love to see it, but I don't think that the devs are going to implement it because of the twinking possibilities. I do know that any org which is founded on trade has a hard time with the current setup.

Cheers,

~R~

I would definatly want to see this thing.

one of the main reasons is this.

A player in my guild asks for an item. I dont have said item but I can get it for him/her. After I get the item I can pass it to him/her.

only problem. S/he is not online. or s/he is in another time zone which means that the only viable time for me to pass over said item is over the weekend or by using a middleman that are online when I am and also online when the recipiant of said item is online.

So if an org bank feature was available I could get the 'order' for an item, get the item and send a tell to the player to let them know I got them the item. Place it in the org bank and then when I logg off for the night or some other reason and he gets online he can open the org bank and get the item.

Offcourse this can be misused on some way. You place an item in the org bank, then logg off. another member in your org opens the bank and finds the item and goes "cool. I can use that" then takes the item. Nothing really wrong with that as I belive in sharing in my guild.

And if the player that accidently trook the item that wasn't meant for him wasn't online at the time I logged off I woudl not be able to let them know. Sending a tell to everyone in the guild that an item in the org bank is for that player is a tedious task to perform.

But with the implementation of another Idea I saw where you could have a "Guidl message of the day" or something to that effect, then you could notify everyone about the item and to whom it is intended.

Making it accessable to higher ranks in the guild is also an option. it can be done, by flagging the command to open the org bank. same as the org invite is flagged to 3 ranks above the invitation rank
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Org bank

I like the idea.

I like the idea and already posted it in the recent past.

The only problem : everybody becomes a twink.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Good idea

Aye, it's a good idea ..

Well worth trying to get to work, I think.
    Now, people use mules and so on, and as said earlier .. One could use an easier way to take care of things.

Originally posted by Phoxtrot
    I like the idea and already posted it in the recent past.

The only problem : everybody becomes a twink.

It seems so many people already are twinks that it doesn't matter.

Had AO not been level based and had buffs not been such an importent thing to have, things might have looked very differently.

There are ways to make professions important in teaming other than use each other as buff machines.

Imo, char levels and quality levels are the worst things in this game. Too bad they are also the core of the game.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Well, when Asheron Call2 finally becomes available in my area, I will give it a try.

I hate to think about their no NPC policy (no shops either); but they promise tradskills that are improved by using them and not in any way by killing monsters.

Hope players don't have to hunt uber monsters to find the parts...

Spending IP on a tradeskill is ok but it would be way better if those IPs were a separate kind of IP gained through the use of that very same tradeskill (and automatically applied since they couldn't be used for anything else anyway).
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG