Thread: Heal pet and master attacked by own guards

Exclamation Heal pet and master attacked by own guards

This has happened twice already to my level 59 Meta.

* Last week
    When I was reaching (on foot) the save terminal at Pleasant Meadows Omni Dock, the WF2 MK3 gun attacked my heal pet who was on the road (trailing behind me). I poked my head out of the gate to try to see what was happening and promptly got aggro'd by the gun. FYI, I was not teamed at the time.

* Today
    As I was flying over Lush Fields OutPost, one of the Omni Elite Guards attacked my heal pet who was trailing below me. The other guards joined in to attack my heal pet. I continued to fly over and past the OP because had I landed, I surely would have been attacked too.

Dangerous bug and unpredictable. It can cause accidental XP loss for nothing. Please look into this. Thank you.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Hmm.... could have something to do with the very old bug of pets losing alignment after zoning... time to produce some tests..
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

That could explain this...

I've noticed that my meta-pets become target-able in a mission when I create them outside and take them into the mission with me.

It's real annoying trying to tab a mob and nuke him when and having the program tell you you can't attack your own pet...

I'm a clanner and I noticed this in Avalon at borgs yesterday.

I was happily partaking in the group slaughter of Cyborgs for meger xp, and then suddenlyg out of the blue I see:

Rex is attacked by Veteran Knight Guard
    Rex is attacked by Veteran Knight Lookout

My pet starts running a tad in circles, and doesn't respond to any of my commands. I terminate and start up a new one, and this happens every time. I'm not doing missions, and the guards ar nowhere near.

Since I feel that something really fishy is going on, I decided to wait until I lvl to leave the borgs. I notice that I cannot get into my yalm, so I continue on foot. As I get closer to the OP next to the borg place, I get attacked by all the guards there. Needless to say I die.

I'm just glad I had the forsight to lvl before leaving.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

*bump*

I was reading a similar thread about this elsewhere, where it sounded like an MA and an enforcer had this happen to them, which might disprove the whole pet theory. Or maybe they had a pet class in their team, I'm not sure.

However.

Having started up an omni pet class, I can testify that I too have gotten killed by my own guards at various outposts in LF.

Makes me nervous taking my pets into town.

Never noticed this as a clanner, maybe them omni scum guards just don't have much mental capacity?