Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-draining before a "duel" ?

Traders are designed to start out gimped and, if we manage to get divest and plunder both landed, end up being uber with our opponent gimped. Taking out the "start out gimped" part doesn't make for a fair fight.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I agree that in some situations pre-draining can be looked upon differently.

I pre-drain before entering the arena only because I am lvl 128 and I need drains to cast my evades and init buff on myself, if someone immediately asks me for a duel I cancel my drains and then fight them.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Mortalstrike put it best, when he told me pre-draining is like saying 'im going to get mochs and 132 wrangle wait here and then im gonna cast buffs 50 levels above me'

He pvp's in the lower bracket so it would be comparable, but what about when there's nothing the other person can do at higher levels?

The short hot/hpbuff isnt comparable for good reasons. First off the short hot or hp buff isnt what destroys a prof. I always hear a lot of profs saying 'i can take divest, but if plunder lands, im finished!' It's precisely for that reason plunder is 190% nano resist, pre-draining makes it almost 90 or 100% resist nano. I've fought tons of traders who pre-drain before and even on full def it almost ignores nano resist (flashback to nerfmeee's claim to fame :P ) if you dont have 1.5k in it.

Btw, novalia, was that agent named Deezlar?

"A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

No it wasn't, Stromm.
    It doesn't pay to get into names.

Haha and Nerfmeee that guy is funny. He's the type that finds out when all the camp MOBs are planned and then goes... gets buffed up by everyone there... then leaves to go PvP. I've never seen anyone more outside buffed.

Too bad Traders don't have anything useful for anyone else. He must feel like the worst beggar every day.
    "Need a wrangle?"
    "Um, no."
    "Oh ok thanks for the buffs then."

Total whore.

If you dont wana play against a pre-drained trader, Don't. It's simple as that.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Novalia
    No it wasn't, Stromm.
    It doesn't pay to get into names.

Haha and Nerfmeee that guy is funny. He's the type that finds out when all the camp MOBs are planned and then goes... gets buffed up by everyone there... then leaves to go PvP. I've never seen anyone more outside buffed.

Too bad Traders don't have anything useful for anyone else. He must feel like the worst beggar every day.
    "Need a wrangle?"
    "Um, no."
    "Oh ok thanks for the buffs then."

Total whore.
    The next time you see him, target 'em and press T

Buff "Nerfmeee" Lubber

"A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

As you have siad traders dont have any buffs for others or them self other than wrangles/TradeSkill/Evades.

I can't land plunder on myself period.
    Took abid 7 attempts to land plunder on me, with out divest when he tryed that i counterd first, i had 813 NR at the time.

Speeks for itself imo

I rearly attempt to land plunder on any profs other than fixers and soldiers, its simply a waste of nano as its so dificult to land, without being pre-drained and mochams in nerfmeee's case.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

hehe

But lets not make it out like every damn trader on the planet pre drains before a selfbuffed arena duel - thats the sort of tactics Mctrade had to stoop to, even at the peak of his Title farming

most of the traders around will tell you, i hope im not the exception to the rule, that it is a frustrating thing trying to zone from a backyard with full drains running. 9 times out of 10 i get the "Playshift failed" message, and have to get people into the newbie zones for heir Maestros and 132s.

MMD is another story, ill drain those damn guards all day if it means i take down another careless omni, but alls fair in love and war, imo
    Remember "Jakeaway" Brigges
    Always "Spoton" Target
    Amsterdam "Firebrigade" Service

Returned from the grave and back in business.....

Just don't agree to fight them. A predrained trader is like a freight train rolling over an ant; I found that out in MMD this weekend when mine whooped 3 clanners at once.

Non-drained..... I'm a wimp and get owned immediately.

I rarely enter Omni Ent arena without a set of predrains. There's a sucker born every minute.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Thumbs up

Any trader that pre-drains in 1 on 1 fights is a jackass and should be tied to the statue in arena and kicked in the nuts over and over untill he/she vomits.

Lightbulb

I always try to waste about 3 minutes before entering the arena to duel a trader. Takes care of the 'pre-drain' situation nicely.

this is so easy to solve. step out of the arena and wait for him. When he shows up say

"Dang you took so long I have to rebuff now, hold on"

at this time you cast buffs, constantly sit down and recharge oh and cancel all the buffs your are doing cause you don't need them. 3 minutes later say

"umm ok I'm ready lets go..."

just like to point out to all that apprently missed it but this was an agent in FP trader. A predrained agent is 10x worse then a predrained trader cause they have crit and weapons buffs.

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Jan 15th, 2003 at 19:35:38.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Originally posted by Ognom
    Any trader that pre-drains in 1 on 1 fights is a jackass and should be tied to the statue in arena and kicked in the nuts over and over untill he/she vomits.
    Eww....thats sick...FUNNY...but sick.

/me cringes
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Let him pre-drain... who cares. When he comes, say ready and sneak... wait 3 minutes, then attack. Plain and simple....
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

umm...READ WHOLE POST BEFORE FLAMING

so a GA 4 fixer allways selfbuff his GA on??
    engis allways selfcasting their slayers?

Drains are traders uber weapon,
    Ga is fixers.
    Slayers are fixers.

If a Fixer summons his GA in fight,ok
    if a MP summons his heal and demon in a figth...ok
    if a Engi ...even bothers to pvp..

meself i dont even bother with dueling, i just do mass pvp, and i dont predrain there. dont need to.
    just saying that look at it from all aspects...
    is getting moochies and wrangle to squezze into a GA 4 selfbuffing??( it IS a nano after all )
    whats the diff of having mochams and using highest drains then?
    ohh there not active in the acutall fight.!!

wonder how many fixers cansels their MC mooshie to go non OE.?

anyways.,..just a thought of declaration of Wimping.
    fairness tis all.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12