Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-draining before a "duel" ?

Pre-draining before a "duel" ?

Yesterday I challenge this agent FP Trader to a duel and he says ok.... buffing.... then I look for him at the Arena and cannot find him... ok so maybe he is buffing by the machine in the BY to save nano so I check both backyards and cannot find him so I ask where are you.... he says "buffing."

I said buffing or predrainning?

He says maybe...

So i say jeez predraining isn't buffing that's lame... don't bother...

Then I am subsequently flamed with tells that I am a phixxer and lame and blame FC and nerf GA... along with some other more colorful personal insults...

Too funny.

Pre-draining is still being self-buffed...

Wouldn't you take every advantage you had in a duel? I think so.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Just curious if you pre-cast your short term hots.

/flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flame

Jeez novalia, what's wrong with you! Not wanting to fight a pre-drained trader. Sheesh!
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by arsiine
    don't see your point, so your saying when u fight selfbuffed duels
    you start to buff up after you start the fight?
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

No its a little different considering that when I ask any of the traders in my guild for a fair, self-buffed duel, its common sense that they use their drains on me, not some leet in one of the backyards.

Or at least thats what every trader that I have fought has done in a 1 vs. 1 duel.

predrainning is stupid in the arena
    as a trader i used it alot in MMD 2HO but almost never in arena
    it s like sneaking in the arena to get the first shot it s stupid

If a person is doing something covertly before a duel, it's clear that person knows that what he/she is doing is unfair. Otherwise, what's the point in doing it covertly?

On the issue of pre-draining for a duel, I think it depends on the circumstances. In most of my fights, I do not predrain as it makes for a completely unbalanced fight and I'm not interested in a fight where my opponent has zero chance. However, there are circumstances where I simply cannot win without predraining (EQB enforcers, though I can't even beat them if I predrain).
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by []D [] []V[] []D

don't see your point, so your saying when u fight selfbuffed duels
    you start to buff up after you start the fight?
    I think you quoted the wrong person. If you didn't im asking if nov pre-casts buffs. Fixers cast a short term hot, docs pre-cast a short term HP buff + hot, enforcers pre-cast essense. Dont see the difference of pre-casting drains *shrug*.

Im lookin at this from the outside-in since I have never FP: pre-drained but I dont see how its any diff then the above examples.

Originally posted by arsiine
    No.
    I usually wait until after the fight is over to cast my HoTs.
    I mean I am a GA IV Fixer and invulnerable right?

bleh edited because it doesn't matter
    Last edited by Novalia; Jan 12th, 2003 at 01:16:02.

consider....

Self-buff: buffing within your capability, and only within your capability, with no outside help.

I think everyone would agree with that statement.

For every profession but trader and FP trader, this is a no brainer. But, to pre-drain, an outside source is required (leets, reets, other backyard animals). Since an OUTSIDE SOURCE IS required, by definition, pre-draining is not self-buffing.

Pre-casting HOT, essence, blah, blah is not the same as pre-draining, as it only requires your character.

This is a pretty tricky area. Technically a pre-drained trader is self-buffed, but its pretty nasty for the oppenent. My solution is to simply ask them not to. If they think that's unfair, I don't duel them.

Basically, each class should find out where it stands in relation to others, then ask for handicaps to make an even fight. I think it would be great if engis dueled people on the condition that they got an essense and hot before fight. They are no longer 'self-buffed' but they would have a chance.

Enforcer vs trader is pretty balanced, so pre-draining is fine. Pre-drained traders vs. most other classes is totally one sided, so if you're not an enforcer, ask them not to.

If you fight a trader in a duel you can alway ask him not to pre drain. But if you want to practice fighting traders, I suggest you let them Pre drain because most traders are alway pre drained when they fight. You can set up rules before a duel. If you think a trader is pre drained, join his team and ask him to sit down so you can use Virus Scanner on him, that will cancel his drains.

I don't think virus scanners take off hostile nanos from yourself, or I know someone told me that it didn't.

Virus Scanners remove everything related to divest and plunder, both positive and negative effects.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

i think the important thing is that drains are offensive... and also resistable. thats why you shouldnt be able to cast them beforehand, especially on a leet. not to mention it trivializes the ability to resist divest (or is plunder the hard one to resist?)

i remember when i was little some kids on the bus would get up and start walking towards the front before the bus would stop... dunno just reminds me of that lol

well you know what i mean
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

think his point was him geting flamed for not wanting to fight a pre-drained FP trader agent
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Yeah, a trader in a fair duel should earn all the AR boosts and stuff, should just come out with really high skills so that resisting that first drain is almost impossible.

But since I only have to worry about plunder now, drains aren't as bad. I can still cast IEF with divest on me, but damn i wish they didn't stack.

pre draining b4 dueling IMO is a disgrace to pvp.
    same as those people who ask for duels then zone.
    if you want pvp fixed.
    don't make it worst.
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast