Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer long-duration HoT's.

I COULD tell you how to piss me off, but that would be construed as helping Omni, therefore against guild rules, and I could get kicked for that. So no, I won't
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Zarch
    To Littlehorror:

"We manage to keep our ground for like 1.5 hours after that our main tower was destroyed."

Oh? In every Tower fight I have been the area has gone 100% after tower has been destroyed?

Wanna _make up_ more touching stories how high lvl buffs ruin your preciouss low lvl game... which you can level off in week anyways...

Zarch and da chars

It takes day to get to lvl 50
    It takes about 3 days to get to level 100
    It takes about week to get to level 150

In experience you are around 5-10% of total needed for 200 at level 150 if even that.

Level 100 in AO is like level 10 in a game with 100 levels.
    Level 150 is like level 25 in a game with 100 levels.

PS.

I know levelin can be done even faster This was just an example of fairly relaxed leveling pace
    ROFLMAOOOOOO
    Fairly relaxed lvling rate??!
    dood, get a LIFE out of AO!
    what do you? eat sleep and ****e gametime??

noway you reach lvl 150 in a week unless you spend a better 10 hours a day on it, have all the high lvl goodie stuff, buffs within easy reach...implants allready done all the way up to 200s..and a bunch of mil on yer pocket....get real!
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

eh?

Originally posted by Seraphael
    Ntrox, kudos to you for being the first on "the othe side" to post with moderation, it was concise and to the point. More over, we share the same concern believe it or not, that is why have I addressed the issue, albeit perhaps at times in an offhand manner .
    i assure you, you will have a hard time to find a flame thread of mine. the only ones coming to my mind are the occassional bouts with kuroshio and the "shorten your names" one.

i have extended an apology on the - imo rash - call of exploiter in this as well as stating my opinion in the other thread.

if this is not good enough for you, i cannot help it.
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 16th, 2003 at 18:17:56.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

My last statement here on this issue!

Seraphael- I never once in any of my replies on this thread accused you or Nordic fusion of doing anything wrong except using our name on this thread to emphasize your point like we are cheats and exploiters. Neither did I slander anyone in your org either as i accept PvP for what it is and know it has flaws. I could care less what happened on another thread, you brought it to this one. Not sure why you did and mentioned our orgs name for any other reason than to try an associate our org as cheaters or something. We used only what was available to us within the means of the game. Did we drag you out into a 75% zone and make you PvP with us where healers above our lvl could heal us? Your towers where in no danger and you stayed just cause you wanted PvP action and that is what you got, like the way it happened or not I could care less, we didn't use any cheats or exploits. Now if they where healing us in your tower zones then yes you would have a valid case.

No I think you just thought you could get in a cheap shot on another tread since the one you and James keep refering to had basicly been handled and problem resolved there. I have never been upset at anytime while posting to this thread and actually find it very funny that every reply you post you have to insult someone in it to make yourself feel better or something. Personally i think Jamespond had a great statement in this thread and I agree with it.

Personally I like the conflict we have in Stret West Bank, and most of the people I have talked with doing the battles have fun there... Being it Nordic Fusion, The Walkers and Vengance of The Clans... Its just this flaming on the forums I dont like, and would like to be without....
    This all could have been avoided and both orgs wouldn't have had to resort to what we did on this thread if you hadn't brought up our name as you did. Anyway, wether we have a great day on the battlefield or not, fun is what matters and I have been having that till this cropped up.
    Datest- lvl 165 NM NT
    DarkTalons- 114 MA
    Brazak- lvl 102 MP
    Waygone- lvl 132 Doc
    Darkonium- lvl 134 Sol

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    If you didn't take that base, we wouldn't have found our lovely lil base on the beach. Man, I wanna retire at that beach and have the gas at perma 100%
    Whaahh, that was supposed to be our holiday resort, we had a beach party planned and everything!
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Well guys, I have characters in both Orgs. That's how Vengeance of the Clans actually even found out about this little raid on NF.

The thing that makes me upset about the whole deal is this...

The "Tower Battle" actually only lasted around 20 minutes...TOPS!

I saw one tower go down, and if another went, I didn't see it.

After that 20 minutes, the red characters started coming, and it was Omni reds that came first.

Is that cheating? Of course not. It's not exploiting either. But what it does is makes the battle now a higher level battle, and not the level that the Towers actually are type of battle.

Not everyone has a level 150+ character, and that's why I thought NW's would really do well. It wouldn't matter if you were high level, because at a level 30 base, there will be only level 30 characters.

Ok, so I was very wrong...

But the point of NW's, so I thought, was so that every level can have some PvP fun. Since this is the official AO boards, I guess I can ask the question of...how can this be? Even if someone that has a 150+ character, is playing a level 30 character, you have to know that eventually they will go get that 150 character to fight someone. This isn't fun for the casual gamer, or the gamer that has recently started playing AO, basically like me. My highest level is only 101.

I don't think namecalling, or the word exploiting should be mentioned in regards to what has happened. As Cz said, it's not exploiting, as far as FC is concerned. Is it right? That should be the question. Why should anyone over the tower level even be there fighting? I mean, we all know a level 150 can kick the shiite out of a level 30. So what's the point? If winning is so important, that you have to bring out those higher leveled toons to buff the lower ones to obliviation, then I have but one thing to say to you guys....Notum Wars failed.

the stated leveling rate assumes 3 things

Originally posted by Emperor Prozek

ROFLMAOOOOOO
    Fairly relaxed lvling rate??!
    dood, get a LIFE out of AO!
    what do you? eat sleep and ****e gametime??

noway you reach lvl 150 in a week unless you spend a better 10 hours a day on it, have all the high lvl goodie stuff, buffs within easy reach...implants allready done all the way up to 200s..and a bunch of mil on yer pocket....get real!
    first you have access to equipment so you need not spend time building or camping for armor and implants.

second you have to know where to hunt - yes hunt not missions.

third you SHOULD have at least one friend who teams with you as pick up teams usually are not up to level with you unless you find a team of rerolls/alts.

but trust me it is very well possible.

gone now. byebye.

/me wheels in the 55 gallon diaper pail and a cart of 100 slightly warm bottles of milk.

Waaa Waaa nerf this waaa waaa nerf that. STFU n00bs. Instead of crying for nerfs cry for improvements to your own profession. Nerf baby whiners are just lame. The only thing lamer is fixers nerf criers. This is exactly the sort of crap that is ruining the game. Concentrate on your own (professions also) deficiencies and work to improve those. Maybe if FC had time to put a little love on everyone instead of trying to improve, then nerf back every profession 1 at a time we could all have some fun. Threads like this make me lose respect for a lot of people. Just shut the hell up, worry about improving yourself and forget about bringing everyone down to your level.
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

Originally posted by Cz
    Please moderate yourself a little bit here folks. Shouting "exploiter" at people is not nice. And using a run buff to stay out of range while a HoT does its work is in no way an exploit.

If you know of something you think should be considered an exploit, please report it to exploits@anarchy-online.com.
    Thanks for making that clear Cz
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by Gamavir
    Well guys, I have characters in both Orgs. That's how Vengeance of the Clans actually even found out about this little raid on NF.

The thing that makes me upset about the whole deal is this...

The "Tower Battle" actually only lasted around 20 minutes...TOPS!

I saw one tower go down, and if another went, I didn't see it.

After that 20 minutes, the red characters started coming, and it was Omni reds that came first.

Is that cheating? Of course not. It's not exploiting either. But what it does is makes the battle now a higher level battle, and not the level that the Towers actually are type of battle.

Not everyone has a level 150+ character, and that's why I thought NW's would really do well. It wouldn't matter if you were high level, because at a level 30 base, there will be only level 30 characters.

Ok, so I was very wrong...

But the point of NW's, so I thought, was so that every level can have some PvP fun. Since this is the official AO boards, I guess I can ask the question of...how can this be? Even if someone that has a 150+ character, is playing a level 30 character, you have to know that eventually they will go get that 150 character to fight someone. This isn't fun for the casual gamer, or the gamer that has recently started playing AO, basically like me. My highest level is only 101.

I don't think namecalling, or the word exploiting should be mentioned in regards to what has happened. As Cz said, it's not exploiting, as far as FC is concerned. Is it right? That should be the question. Why should anyone over the tower level even be there fighting? I mean, we all know a level 150 can kick the shiite out of a level 30. So what's the point? If winning is so important, that you have to bring out those higher leveled toons to buff the lower ones to obliviation, then I have but one thing to say to you guys....Notum Wars failed.
    Sigh.... here we go again... u started this u started that... It is quite normal for a guild to let someone zone in to spy on the attacking side, in a lvl thats not in the real pvp range there...
    Yes there came alot of high lvls to the zone from my guild after that, but they came to kill the high lvls from ur org, then u came back and an hour later there was only a high lvl battle there, well i talked with thos from vengeance of the clans, and i believe we agreed that this high lvl pvp was more fun than going to the arena and a normal lvl 150 tower battle, is this had no lag, and no CC...

And now u try to make us look more bad than u again, u did the exact same as us, nothing wrong with that, it was fun and all, but plz stop the name calling...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Whaahh, that was supposed to be our holiday resort, we had a beach party planned and everything!
    We are stockpiling clan application forms just for you

Originally posted by Seraphael

You are more than welcome to bring a deck-chair, some beer and shades and party with us, only when 100% though! We will share the base with you as long as we all have a good, fun time

James: if you think Gam was namecalling, we apologise. There's nothing to complain about, we all had a good rumble at various levels, and its cool to bring in the heavy artillery when the n00bs dry up. We all know how to have a good time, and its better when there is no animosity, which plagues Arena combat. Tower PvP is the way forward, even though it has its issues. I like nothing more than a friendly chat with the other side after a good fight, and a few congratulations laid on. After all, this IS a game lol
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

would you be so kind

Originally posted by Fenris
    /me wheels in the 55 gallon diaper pail and a cart of 100 slightly warm bottles of milk.

Waaa Waaa nerf this waaa waaa nerf that. STFU n00bs. Instead of crying for nerfs cry for improvements to your own profession. Nerf baby whiners are just lame. The only thing lamer is fixers nerf criers. This is exactly the sort of crap that is ruining the game. Concentrate on your own (professions also) deficiencies and work to improve those. Maybe if FC had time to put a little love on everyone instead of trying to improve, then nerf back every profession 1 at a time we could all have some fun. Threads like this make me lose respect for a lot of people. Just shut the hell up, worry about improving yourself and forget about bringing everyone down to your level.
    as to post all your in game names so i can ignore you?

gone now. byebye.

^^ what he said

Oh, and ppl who say" STFU n00b". You have all my respect. Your intelligence surpasses all I have known.

/sarcasm off
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    ^^ what he said

Oh, and ppl who say" STFU n00b". You have all my respect. Your intelligence surpasses all I have known.

/sarcasm off
    "STFU noob", is about the intelligence level that many of the nerf-babies can understand. Im glad to see that you two could understand it as well. Its funny to see that out of everything that is posted there that you two get stuck on that. Whoop-de-freakin-do!

The truth is that every profession needs some loving. The problem is that as soon as anyone gets any love people start whining and crying that "They're too uber, they need a nerf!". So the very next patch someone gets nerfed back into oblivion. A more reasonable and valid approach would be to say "OK so the Enforcers now have a weapon that can do 1500 regular damage at 1/1 speed. What can I as an Engie/Fixer/NT/Trader/MA/Whatever do to compete? Here are my recommendations to improve our class...."

and dont worry darkwing you are already ignored.
    Bad Fixer

cool

Originally posted by Fenris

and dont worry darkwing you are already ignored.
    i think he means me.

cannot help but notice that if people arguing like him are ignoring me left and right i must be doing something right.

deeds and not words/attitude are the measure of a person be it real life or online.

if being carebear means that i value the fun of other players and try to maintain some sort of integrety so be it - but if you come to the conclusion that i do not know what to do or how to i am sorry for your ignorance.

gone now. byebye.

Actually my response was a rebuttal to your deed/attitude/words. Honestly, if people would spend half as much time trying to improve their profession as they do trying to nerf other professions we would all have much more fun. As for the rest of it I am not sure what you are trying to say. I don't think you are a carebare, I honestly don't know you except your pathetic flame attempt. By the way integrity has another I in it, sorry for your ignorance. That is an example of Irony.
    Bad Fixer

Ntrox, no need to apologize for the misconception of Jamespond.

I stated in my thread James, that we should "stop the namecalling".

Just because I mentioned that your Org brought in the reds first, doesn't mean my point is nul and void.

In fact, my point was it's a level 20 tower, level 20's should fight there.

I was there. I was one of the first ones there. Don't twist the truth that your Org brought reds there first. Big deal! It really doesn't matter if your Org or if any other Org brought reds there first.

The point is, once reds show up, the (as Ntrox put it) noob battle is over. But it's a "noob" area, so once the noob battle is over, that should have been the end of it.

Just remember that this PvP stuff is for EVERY level. Not just 100/150+

It's not fun when you show up to a tower battle (and the tower happens to be level 20) and the "noob" battle isn't near as long as the ensuing higher level battle.

Originally posted by Gamavir

Just remember that this PvP stuff is for EVERY level. Not just 100/150+

It's not fun when you show up to a tower battle (and the tower happens to be level 20) and the "noob" battle isn't near as long as the ensuing higher level battle.
    That my friend, is because lowlvls do not have the same means of travel, as the highlvls, so they dont bother coming back...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

I'll agree with you there James...

But it also could be related to the fact that the battle is turning into a high level battle, rather the the planned tower raid battle. Right?

Why come back if there's no one your level to fight?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast